MFGG Forums
Drawing Competition #1 - 2019: A New Theme - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: The Dungeon (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: The Vault (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Forum: Competitions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: Drawing Competition #1 - 2019: A New Theme (/showthread.php?tid=1650)

Pages: 1 2

Drawing Competition #1 - 2019: A New Theme - Q-Nova - 02-16-2019

[Image: ZpRJYbL.png]

Hello, everybody! The MFGG Competition Logo Contest has been over with and we haven't had any other kind of competition since the year arrived, so I thought I'd start one now.

So, remember when Mario used to be a carpenter that lived in a city, facing off against Donkey Kong to save his girlfriend, Pauline? Or what about the time Mario and Luigi were in the New York sewers, kicking out all the baddies that were crawling in said place? It's hard to believe that Mario was like that way back then, but that's how he was. In 1985, Mario moved to the Mushroom Kingdom, a magical, fantasy world filled with mushrooms and blocks! Ever since then, Mario never really left the kingdom. Yeah, he would go to a different place every once in a while, but none of those places became the standard setting, and many of them were rather similar to the Mushroom Kingdom in some ways.

However though, what if Nintendo had enough of this fantasy stuff? What if they wanted to have Mario abandon the Mushroom Kingdom and go into a new setting, or in other words, reinvent Mario? Well, that's what we may see in this competition, as the theme is:

A NEW THEME

The goal of this competition is to draw Mario in a new setting, along with perhaps a new job! You can have Mario become a psychic exploring a very abstract world (so abstract that the Mushroom Kingdom looks really realistic in comparsion), or you can have Mario become a chef that tries to get his talking food back from a rat king. The possibilities are endless here!

While Mario must be included in the drawing, you can include other Mario characters (after all, Luigi did come with Mario on his way to the Mushroom Kingdom), just as long as Mario is in the drawing. If you want to, you can even add original characters designed for the new theme!

The deadline for this competition is March 2, 2019, two weeks from the time I started this competition

The deadline for the competition has been extended to March 11, 2019!

So, that's all I have to say here. I'm hoping there will be some really interesting entries for this competition! I hope you all have fun with this! Other Big Brin

RE: Drawing Competition #1 - 2019: A New Theme - Honey Saucer Gengar - 02-17-2019

I had actually requested a similar competition except without the color splash themes

RE: Drawing Competition #1 - 2019: A New Theme - Evil Yoshi Toes - 02-17-2019

(02-17-2019, 08:03 AM)Honey Saucer Gengar Wrote: I had actually requested a similar competition except without the color splash themes

What color splash themes?

This is a really cool idea for a competition. I'm going to try to enter this one for sure.

RE: Drawing Competition #1 - 2019: A New Theme - Q-Nova - 02-17-2019

(02-17-2019, 08:03 AM)Honey Saucer Gengar Wrote: I had actually requested a similar competition except without the color splash themes

Are you talking about the forum themes? The point of this competition is to draw Mario with a new direction in mind, not to come up with a new forum theme. I was gonna name the theme "A New Direction", but I found out that a Sprite Competition from last year had the same name. I didn't want the theme to have the same name as something that was held a while ago so I went with "A New Theme" as that was the best I can think of.

Anyway, can a mod please put this into the announcements box on the index page? It'd be a nice way to give this attention.

RE: Drawing Competition #1 - 2019: A New Theme - Q-Nova - 02-23-2019

Just to let all you know, the deadline is only a week away now! I'm hoping that we'll be getting good entries soon!

RE: Drawing Competition #1 - 2019: A New Theme - Hyper - 02-24-2019

I'm not the best artist around but anyways here's something I did on my phone.

[Image: 20190224-195150.png]

RE: Drawing Competition #1 - 2019: A New Theme - OssieTheOstrich - 03-01-2019

After watching Disney's The Black Cauldron and Robin Hood and also finiding out this comp started, i was eager to make a entry.

[Image: MFGG_Drawing_Comp.png]

I was going to add more stuff, for example Luigi nervously holding a sword, Peach with a more "Disney The Black Cauldron" type outfit, possibly Toad and/or Yoshi, and Bowser with a cape.
But i couldn't make Luigi look right, so i scrapped it.

Also, could the deadline be extended please? I bet more people would like to enter.

RE: Drawing Competition #1 - 2019: A New Theme - OssieTheOstrich - 03-04-2019

At this point the deadline has passed, should we all start voting now?

RE: Drawing Competition #1 - 2019: A New Theme - Mors - 03-04-2019

Let's see, 2 entries... Welp, that's disappointing. I guess we can extend the deadline to next week, 11th of March if anyone else wants to enter. But if we don't get anyone voicing their interest by tomorrow I guess we will move onto the final voting phase.

RE: Drawing Competition #1 - 2019: A New Theme - Daisy - 03-04-2019

I'm liking Hyper's drawing.

RE: Drawing Competition #1 - 2019: A New Theme - Evil Yoshi Toes - 03-04-2019

I'm interested in participating still. I wasn't able to get one done by the original deadline because of school work, but I should be able to do one by the new deadline.

RE: Drawing Competition #1 - 2019: A New Theme - Q-Nova - 03-05-2019

I'm glad that we got two good-looking entries, but I was hoping for more. I wasn't sure how many people have even noticed that this competition is running, since it wasn't shown in the announcements box. I'd be willing to extend the deadline (by March 11 or 12) if enough people show interest (we got one so far).

RE: Drawing Competition #1 - 2019: A New Theme - GamerInGeorgia - 03-05-2019

I also want to join in. I'll try to come up with an entry, so an extended deadline would be much appreciated.

RE: Drawing Competition #1 - 2019: A New Theme - Mors - 03-06-2019

Yeah then I guess 11th will be the new deadline.

RE: Drawing Competition #1 - 2019: A New Theme - Q-Nova - 03-06-2019

I guess that's settled! I just extended the deadline to the 11th! @Evil Yoshi Toes @GamerInGeorgia I'm letting you two know about the deadline extension since both of you expressed interest in joining this competition.

I'm looking forward to seeing more entries!

RE: Drawing Competition #1 - 2019: A New Theme - OssieTheOstrich - 03-11-2019

Today is the deadline, so if your comp entry is ready, then be sure to post it before the day ends.

RE: Drawing Competition #1 - 2019: A New Theme - Hyper - 03-11-2019

March 11th is here and I'm formally closing this competition.

We have 2 entries so far:
- Hypernova
- Ostritch

Place your vote by March 14th 11:00 PM (UTC-5)!

RE: Drawing Competition #1 - 2019: A New Theme - Daisy - 03-11-2019

My vote is for Hypernova's drawing.

RE: Drawing Competition #1 - 2019: A New Theme - Thunderbro - 03-11-2019

I'll vote for Hypernova's drawing.

RE: Drawing Competition #1 - 2019: A New Theme - Great Destination Tracks 3 - 03-11-2019

Ostrich, because we've seen mario going dark so many times in parodys

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.