MFGG Forums
Backstories for your Ref/Avatars, plus why you used them in the first place. - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Backstories for your Ref/Avatars, plus why you used them in the first place. (/showthread.php?tid=1654)

Backstories for your Ref/Avatars, plus why you used them in the first place. - OssieTheOstrich - 02-18-2019

So I noticed that a few members like Mors and maybe Gatete have a backstory for their avatars, and since I talked about my avatar's backstory on Discord, I thought of making a thread about avatar backstories, as well as the reason of why you used them in the first place.

Ostrich's backstory:
Removed due to it being corny.

Why I used the Ostrich.
I have a plush of the ostrich that I got when I was little, and since considering that I liked birds, I thought of using it.

RE: Backstories for your Ref/Avatars, plus why you used them in the first place. - Daisy - 02-19-2019

Tomoko Kuroki's backstory
She's unpopular and has very few if any friends due to her social anxiety, leading to her living a depressing and secluded life.

Why I used her
I'm unpopular and have very few if any friends due to my social anxiety, leading to me living a depressing and secluded life.

RE: Backstories for your Ref/Avatars, plus why you used them in the first place. - Great Destination Tracks 3 - 02-19-2019

JC's backstory:
In the 80's there were two groups of creatures: The maggots and the slugs. They didn't get along, but one day the slugs tried to make peace with the maggots they instead offended them and they caused "The Great Maggot and Slug War". Later the next generations of maggots and slugs continued to fight each other, until we reach to 2003 where JC was a little sluggy in the London sewers but then one day JC saw a rat named "Roddy" AKA "Millicent Bystander" and he SCARED JC so much that he ran away from the sewers and he warned everyone to run away from Millicent, then he ended up outside the sewers but found a home where there's no rats, and he found paradise, but then he found his old arch enemies, the Maggots! Only now they watched so many slapstick cartoons that they decided to use some of the gags from those cartoons on JC but obviously they backfired. Then JC decided to leave the paradise and found "Slugtopia" where he met Ostrich and decided to join MFGG and he also became Ostrich's adoptive brother. THE END

Why i used a slug:
Because the slugs from flushed away were funny and one of my favorite dreamworks films.

RE: Backstories for your Ref/Avatars, plus why you used them in the first place. - recent - 02-19-2019

i use this avatar because dogeposting is based

RE: Backstories for your Ref/Avatars, plus why you used them in the first place. - fireball3k - 02-20-2019

my avatar is an image of my character cassadee doing a modeling shoot with a tommy gun, a nice car, and her favorite little black dress. vinnyvideo is/was writing a game called career fantasy which featured cassadee, her sister angie, and a man named richard burnside who is based off of yours truly. there's another RP i'm involved in where cassadee and richard are married, so this image is presumably just cassadee trying to snap something sexy and provocative for her husband here

RE: Backstories for your Ref/Avatars, plus why you used them in the first place. - SilverVortex - 02-24-2019

i have way too many avatars and references (people who knew me since the old age of 2015 when i joined will know what i mean) to try and explain them. like the zelda timeline, for example, there's too many to understand.

however, my current one has a little backstory.
conor's story
aincent civilisations have existed, like ones with superpowers. however, most did not have experience in fighting and were slain. only one remained. a race of people with different elemental powers lived and reigned supreme over all. they were named embers because, even though many different elemental powers existed and could have come to the top, fire alone remained supreme. until...the seventeenth century. the ordinary people rebelled and killed them with newfound iron weaponry. the embers let their guard fall and perished. except one. she alone was helped to escape, however it was rumored more of different elements disappeared from their prisons. the escapee was a fire wielder. not a powerful one, but one nonetheless. she fled the country to a small insignificant place named ireland. she started a new life but vowed that none would ever see fire blazing in her descendants' hands. she died four decades later, and this family moved all over the world, stopping in america, where the fire wielder fled from.

present day:
conor is an irish-american, fourteen years old, and did i mention he is a new-age ember? none have found the descendants (if any) of the rumored escapees from the seventeenth century, but i'm sure they'll resurface someday.
but if somebody found out the legends of fire wielders were true...?

RE: Backstories for your Ref/Avatars, plus why you used them in the first place. - Hyper - 02-24-2019

My ref/OC is Marty the Dragonair. He was a normal Dratini who wears a beanie until the Littlelund Defense War. After the war he's be suffering PTSD and evolved into a Dragonair. Yea, just a normal Dragonair. Nothing too interesting. Don't ask how he managed to grow limbs.

RE: Backstories for your Ref/Avatars, plus why you used them in the first place. - Retriever II - 02-24-2019

(02-24-2019, 06:10 AM)Hypernova Wrote: My ref/OC is Marty the Dragonair. He was a normal Dratini who wears a beanie until the Littlelund Defense War. After the war he's be suffering PTSD and evolved into a Dragonair. Yea, just a normal Dragonair. Nothing too interesting. Don't ask how he managed to grow limbs.

He evolved

My avatar is Gumo from the 2015 indie game Ori and the Blind Forest.  He's vaguely spider-like and I love how he moves around.  He seems to be just another obstacle in your quest when you encounter him, but he becomes your pivotal ally.  I'm not sure I would like him if he was just a jerk for the whole game.

I've switched to using my costume scyther in a few places.  Nothing special there it's just myself showing off.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.