MFGG Forums
Top 5 games that you like but everyone else hates - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Top 5 games that you like but everyone else hates (/showthread.php?tid=1660)

Top 5 games that you like but everyone else hates - Great Destination Tracks 3 - 02-22-2019

You can also submit your lists, Here's my list

Number 5: Banjo kazooie: Nuts and bolts:
Okay so as a "Banjo kazooie" game, it's bad, but as a game? it's good, i like the graphics (but the redesigns are bad) and the charm that the first two games had

Number 4: Plant's vs. Zombies: Garden warfare: 
Think call of duty but more kid friendly fun calm adults instead of dark and gritty screeching 5 year olds.

Number 3: Cars 2 the video game (PC):
Sure it's inferior to the console versions, but it's superior to the PSP and DS version, the graphics are fine and the gameplay is mostly the same, it's still Cars 2 the video game

Number 2: Earthworm jim HD:
Am i the only one to think that this is superior to the sega/snes version? and the voice acting and graphics are great, plus the addition of a save is a BREEZE, but earthworm jim fans dislike this game, but i think it's great

Number 1: Paper mario color splash:
When the trailer came out people like "Arlo" freaked out! but i wasn't, i think color splash is great, the graphics are fantastic, the humor is good and it's a pretty neat concept

RE: Top 5 games that you like but everyone else hates - VinnyVideo - 02-23-2019

Fire Emblem - Thracia 776: I can't say "everyone" dislikes this game, but I believe it's the lowest-selling game in the series. Also, its difficulty level is pretty crazy, especially if you're trying to recruit (and keep) all the playable characters in the game.

NES Open Tournament Golf: A good NES golf game with a steep learning curve. The later Mario Golf games are heavily influenced by this game - they take the core mechanics of NES Open and add more polish and quality of life fixes.

Also, various other old sports/racing games.

RE: Top 5 games that you like but everyone else hates - SilverVortex - 02-24-2019

i only have one.
"meet the robinsons" on wii.
it's an okay game, and it's the only game movie adaptation that isn't an adaptation because it doesn't follow the film.

RE: Top 5 games that you like but everyone else hates - Yakibomb - 02-27-2019

Megaman 8 is somewhere up there. I have to think of more later.

RE: Top 5 games that you like but everyone else hates - Evil Yoshi Toes - 02-27-2019

1. Super Mario Sunshine. This one got a lot of hate at first but I think over the years more people have come to love it than hate it. It's still a pretty divisive Mario game, but it's one of my favorites.

2. Shrek 2 for gamecube. It's fun if you play with friends! It's more fun if you're all tipsy.

3. Skyward Sword. Not sure if it counts but it's probably the most divisive Zelda game. It's not my favorite because the storyline is bad and the gameplay is hit or miss depending on the scenario, but the characters are all done very well and the environments are very nice. Skyloft is one of my favorite hub worlds in any videogame. 

4. Super Paper Mario. I don't like it as much as the first two games but it's still entertaining and has a lot of love put into it.

I can't think of another at the moment.

RE: Top 5 games that you like but everyone else hates - Great Destination Tracks 3 - 02-28-2019

(02-27-2019, 10:57 AM)Evil Yoshi Toes Wrote: 1. Super Mario Sunshine. This one got a lot of hate at first but I think over the years more people have come to love it than hate it. It's still a pretty divisive Mario game, but it's one of my favorites.

4. Super Paper Mario. I don't like it as much as the first two games but it's still entertaining and has a lot of love put into it.

Nobody hated Super Paper Mario or Super Mario Sunshine

RE: Top 5 games that you like but everyone else hates - Evil Yoshi Toes - 02-28-2019

@Slug101 That’s not true at all. Both games were very divisive when they were released. People even said that Nintendo was embarrassed of Mario Sunshine. People have warmed up to it in the more recent years but it remains fairly divisive to this day for many reasons.

As for Super Paper Mario, at the time of its release many were disappointed that it wasn’t an rpg. A lot of people now still don’t like the weird platformer and rpg mix, but I think some people have been able to warm up to it a bit after putting aside their preconceptions of what paper Mario 3 would be.

RE: Top 5 games that you like but everyone else hates - Shadow Administrator Drei - 02-28-2019

supaaah paper mario

dark souls twooo baby

sonic cd

metroid fusion

the last guardian

RE: Top 5 games that you like but everyone else hates - Honey Saucer Gengar - 02-28-2019

NES Open Tournament Golf 

Mario Clash 

Mario Bros 

Super Paper Mario

RE: Top 5 games that you like but everyone else hates - Daisy - 03-04-2019

1. Super Paper Mario

2. Paper Mario: Sticker Star

3. Shrek 2 on the xBox/PS2

4. Roblox

5. New Super Mario Bros. Wii

RE: Top 5 games that you like but everyone else hates - Great Destination Tracks 3 - 03-05-2019

(03-04-2019, 08:11 PM)Jackninja5 Wrote: 1. Super Paper Mario

4. Roblox

New Super Mario bros wii was not hated

RE: Top 5 games that you like but everyone else hates - Daisy - 03-05-2019

(03-05-2019, 01:18 AM)Slug101 Wrote:
(03-04-2019, 08:11 PM)Jackninja5 Wrote: 1. Super Paper Mario

4. Roblox

New Super Mario bros wii was not hated 

I have met many who hated it.

RE: Top 5 games that you like but everyone else hates - Pharad - 03-25-2019

Don't play too many games, did kinda enjoy Fallout 76 tho, don't see why the hate

RE: Top 5 games that you like but everyone else hates - Princess Peach - 04-13-2019

I'll just start from the top to avoid all anticipation.
  1. Super Princess Peach - Sadly, this may be the last time we get to see anything truly innovative within the Mario franchise itself, at least not strongly utilized.
  2. Super Mario 3D World - Strongly for the same reasons as the last entry.
  3. Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2
  4. Super Mario Bros. 3: Super Mario Advance 4
  5. Super Mario Bros. 2: Super Mario Advance (1)

RE: Top 5 games that you like but everyone else hates - Great Destination Tracks 3 - 04-13-2019

(04-13-2019, 04:29 PM)Princess Peach Wrote: I'll just start from the top to avoid all anticipation.
  1. Super Princess Peach - Sadly, this may be the last time we get to see anything truly innovative within the Mario franchise itself, at least not strongly utilized.

Super Mario Advanced!? Are you joking? These games were loved, Especially Super Mario Advanced 4, It's considered the best GBA game of all time

RE: Top 5 games that you like but everyone else hates - GothGirlGangBlasterMaster - 04-16-2019

(04-13-2019, 04:29 PM)Princess Peach Wrote: I'll just start from the top to avoid all anticipation.

i agree. everyone hates super mario bros 3, but i think it's pretty good.

RE: Top 5 games that you like but everyone else hates - Princess Peach - 04-18-2019

(04-13-2019, 10:26 PM)X_Dat Boi Who Likes Mixels_X Wrote:

Super Mario Advanced!? Are you joking? These games were loved, Especially Super Mario Advanced 4, It's considered the best GBA game of all time 
I'll admit, for the last three, I couldn't think of anything else. These were metaphors, at least the last 4 - those were games that were to an extent, and still are in full, little-known today.

(04-16-2019, 06:46 PM)GothGirlGangBlasterMaster Wrote:

It's a shame too, considering its E-Reader Card Level Pack Levels were very unique, and could've marked an evolution in the Mario series as a whole, but sadly, and I will say this:

There's a big, if not larger, difference between simplicity making the franchise accessible to everyone - and allow "virtual playdates" on top of that as a side note; and simplicity just being an excuse to stick with outdated methods of game design to ensure the most money in the safest way possible - all while eliminating good plot and story that could've been attached to, but obviously not setting up, evolved Mario, (with gameplay obviously being put first in that regard).

Also, It's worth mentioning that my list was an exception to my usual objective stance of things, especially considering that I couldn't think of much when creating this list, explaining it as a whole. It is best to assume this particular list as subjective for the time being - I'll go work on another Top 5 list subjecting games in an objective manner in the near-term future.

RE: Top 5 games that you like but everyone else hates - Honey Saucer Gengar - 04-18-2019

3. Super Mario World: Super Mario Advan

Everybody likes mario 3

RE: Top 5 games that you like but everyone else hates - SilverVortex - 04-19-2019

(04-18-2019, 03:17 PM)Honey Saucer Gengar Wrote:
  3. Super Mario World: Super Mario Advan

Everybody likes mario 3 

yeah, i like it the most out of all the old 2d mario platformers, even more than super mario world.

RE: Top 5 games that you like but everyone else hates - starwender - 12-14-2021

To tell the truth, my fav game's the Call of Duty. I'm not sure if it has more fans or haters. But you can call me one of the biggest admirers. I don't really understand why someone can dislike it. The picture looks so bright and realistic. And you also got a huge variety of items which you can easily get with some hacks from https://www.iwantcheats.net/call-of-duty-vanguard-hacks-cheats-aimbot/. BTW, I used to play Super Mario too. But it was many years ago when I've only started playing. For me personally, its design's too frumpy. But I guess someone really likes it.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.