MFGG Forums
Top 5 games you hate that everyone else likes - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Top 5 games you hate that everyone else likes (/showthread.php?tid=1678)

Top 5 games you hate that everyone else likes - Daisy - 03-05-2019

Stolen from Inspired by JC's thread of games you like that everyone hates.

List away.

Mine:
1. Super Mario Sunshine - Not quite as good to many compared to other Super Mario games but honestly, I thought it's worst than most people thought.
2. Plants vs. Zombies Heroes - In the Plants vs. Zombies community (I'm a bureaucrat on the wiki on Fandom), there's mixed feelings overall for the Garden Warfare games (I'm on the negative side for those) but I am really in the minority of those who don't like Heroes because I'm quite conservative in terms of games and I believe that Plants vs. Zombies is only fitting as a tower defence strategy game.
3. Minecraft - Overrated by miles IMO.
4. Super Princess Peach - I'm a strong advocate for women's rights but I believe this game was a let down since you don't actually have Peach use any of the cool things Mario uses or her own powers. It's more just emotions honestly.
5. Pokemon Go - A game to go outside? Isn't the point of gaming to remain indoors? I appreciate the concept but the dangers involved are too much to ignore.

RE: Top 5 games you hate that everyone else likes - Great Destination Tracks 3 - 03-05-2019

(03-05-2019, 06:33 AM)Jackninja5 Wrote: 2. Plants vs. Zombies Heroes - In the Plants vs. Zombies community (I'm a bureaucrat on the wiki on Fandom), there's mixed feelings overall for the Garden Warfare games (I'm on the negative side for those) but I am really in the minority of those who don't like Heroes because I'm quite conservative in terms of games and I believe that Plants vs. Zombies is only fitting as a tower defence strategy game.

Plant's vs zombies heroes wasn't liked at all!, It was kinda liked when it first got released, But now everyone (including me) Hate it now

I used to like PVZH but now it's really boring.

RE: Top 5 games you hate that everyone else likes - SilverVortex - 03-07-2019

roblox
fortnite
minecraft

seeing a trend, yes?

RE: Top 5 games you hate that everyone else likes - Great Destination Tracks 3 - 03-07-2019

Super Mario bros 2: It's really a Re-skin of Doki Doki Panic and it's pretty mediocre but it's not an awful game, it's just my least favorite Mario game

RE: Top 5 games you hate that everyone else likes - HylianDev - 03-07-2019

(03-07-2019, 08:11 AM)Slug101 Wrote: Super Mario bros 2: It's really a Re-skin of Doki Doki Panic and it's pretty mediocre but it's not an awful game, it's just my least favorite Mario game

I would say that it's not at all mediocre. It's a pretty great game.

odd that it repeats world themes a couple times, but smb 1 has like, 3 or 4 skins lol

RE: Top 5 games you hate that everyone else likes - Pharad - 03-25-2019

Minecraft, never understood it...
Same with Sims 4, Mount & Blade, pretty much it

RE: Top 5 games you hate that everyone else likes - Fun With Despair - 03-25-2019

This is actually an interesting topic, so I suppose I can contribute. In no particular order...

1. Overwatch This one's probably less because of the game quality and more because it's just not my thing. I literally can't think of a single reason I wouldn't rather play TF2. Normally I'd be mild in my opinion here, but the popularity of this one made it really annoying to try and talk about video games for a couple years because everyone I met only played this junk. It's not even that bad, I just get super bored of it really quickly and don't like any of the characters. These days you could argue Fortnite's just as bad, but that one's mostly just big with kids.

2. Super Mario World Probably the most controversial one on here, but I just generally feel like it's a big step back over SMB 3 in every way except for the overworld map design and Ghost Houses. Some of the romhacks of this one are legitimately great, but the base game lacks a lot that I miss, and the addition of Yoshi in no way makes up for some of the fun stuff and level themes I enjoyed from 3 being gone, as Yoshi himself was profoundly uninteresting until Yoshi's Island. It's got some good music too, I guess.

3. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Never mind, this one's gonna earn me the biggest kick in the ass. Having played LttP before this one, graphics aside it felt like a big step back to me in a similar way that SMW did. I missed having like, actual combat options and magic stuff beyond Din's Fire's pathetic excuse for a "magic attack". Some parts of this game I do actually like, but the first half of the game as a kid totally sucks, and compared to the 2D games there's not a lot to do in the overworld. It's not bad of a game overall, and I get that it was the very first 3D Zelda, but everyone jerks this one off so hard that I'm basically obligated to mention that I think it sucks.

4. DmC: Devil May Cry Not to be confused with the actual Devil May Cry games, this one's the stupid edgy reboot from like 2012. You're probably confused, thinking that everyone hates this one, but actually, to this day it's a constant target of praise by journalists for some reason. They love DmC, and I have no idea why. It plays like balls, the story and characters are beyond horrible to a legitimately cringeworthy degree, the bosses and enemies are by and large completely horrible, and the only credit I can give this one is that some of the environments look a little pretty.

5. Bayonetta This one's only ended up on the list more recently after playing the DMC games (minus DmC) again, then trying to replay Bayonetta. The actual combat is... mostly fine even if Witch Time does trivialize it, but there are so many downright horrible minigame segments that play completely different from the main game thrown in there that half the time I find myself bored out of my skull doing some terrible bike segment when I'd much rather just be fighting something.

RE: Top 5 games you hate that everyone else likes - Honey Saucer Gengar - 05-12-2019

Super Mario Land- I know most of you disagree with me here, but to be honest, it's too easy.

RE: Top 5 games you hate that everyone else likes - GothGirlGangBlasterMaster - 05-13-2019

(03-25-2019, 06:46 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote: 5. Bayonetta This one's only ended up on the list more recently after playing the DMC games (minus DmC) again, then trying to replay Bayonetta. The actual combat is... mostly fine even if Witch Time does trivialize it, but there are so many downright horrible minigame segments that play completely different from the main game thrown in there that half the time I find myself bored out of my skull doing some terrible bike segment when I'd much rather just be fighting something.

there's literally only five minutes of biking in the entire game if you're good.
reported. enjoy your ban f***er.

RE: Top 5 games you hate that everyone else likes - SonicKade2048 - 05-14-2019

(05-13-2019, 11:44 PM)GothGirlGangBlasterMaster Wrote: reported. enjoy your ban f***er.

...what.

RE: Top 5 games you hate that everyone else likes - Honey Saucer Gengar - 05-14-2019

What...

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.