MFGG Forums
Introducing Super Mario Fan Games Galaxy, the beginning of a wonderful partnership. - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: News and Events (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Introducing Super Mario Fan Games Galaxy, the beginning of a wonderful partnership. (/showthread.php?tid=1717)

Introducing Super Mario Fan Games Galaxy, the beginning of a wonderful partnership. - Fun With Despair - 04-01-2019

[Image: g8166.png?width=500&height=232]

I posted this announcement on the mainsite, but I'm reposting it here because it's extremely important, and it'll likely reach some extra people. Anyway, I am here today to reveal to you all the culmination of our legal discussions we had previously mentioned. For the past few weeks, we have been in talks with Nintendo of America (NoA) regarding our existence as a fangaming website.

As you all know, Nintendo is very protective of their IPs; especially in regards to the Super Mario franchise. Because of this, NoA has, as feared by many, finally contacted us about the our making and distributing of fangames.

Thankfully, however, they have been very reasonable with us and have allowed us to continue to function how we always have: 

"We love seeing the fact that there is an entire website dedicated to Mario and his franchise. Because of this, we don't want to see MFGG taken down." - A quote from our discussion with NoA officials.

However, due to the pressing "fangame issue" and our argument as to why fangames are perfectly legal, Nintendo has decided to take a step that would appease both parties: Buying out MFGG.

Now that we are officially one with Nintendo, we have undergone a few changes:

1) Name Change
To keep consistency with the Super Mario franchise, our new name is "Super Mario Fan Games Galaxy." Nintendo felt that this name was a better fit, as it now contains the name of the franchise itself, rather than just its main character.

2) New Appearance
We have swapped out our blue and black color scheme for the traditional red and white of Nintendo, to better fit into the brand. With our new color scheme, we're looking perfectly nice and official.

3) Community Changes
Due to Nintendo's stance on chat platforms such as Discord, the current Discord will be repurposed into a Technical Support chat, for fast and easy access to solutions for your problems with our games. As a result, the forum will become the sole community board and place for discussion.

And finally, the smallest change of all:

4) Monetization
To help keep MFGG afloat, we have entered into an exclusive advertising contract with NoA, and we will be advertising their games from now on with pop-up ads. We are also looking into the idea of charging a small fee in order to play our fangames, with all profits going to Nintendo themselves, and may be testing out the feature soon.

And that's about it. We are happy to finally announce this partnership, and we hope that it will lead to a better and brighter feature for MFGG not only as a fangaming site, but as a community.

RE: Introducing Super Mario Fan Games Galaxy, the beginning of a wonderful partnership. - Daisy - 04-01-2019

Must be an honour to be one with Nintendo now. Smile

RE: Introducing Super Mario Fan Games Galaxy, the beginning of a wonderful partnership. - OssieTheOstrich - 04-01-2019

Obvious April Fools joke is obvious..

RE: Introducing Super Mario Fan Games Galaxy, the beginning of a wonderful partnership. - Daisy - 04-01-2019

(04-01-2019, 05:46 AM)Ostrich101 Wrote: Obvious April Fools joke is obvious..

I don't know. There were weeks of delay.

RE: Introducing Super Mario Fan Games Galaxy, the beginning of a wonderful partnership. - OssieTheOstrich - 04-01-2019

The only good thing about this is that the main site skin is pretty awesome, I really want that as a forum skin now.

RE: Introducing Super Mario Fan Games Galaxy, the beginning of a wonderful partnership. - Evil Yoshi Toes - 04-01-2019

Glad we're finally able to talk about this freely. Hopefully this official affiliation with Nintendo will help revive the public's interest in fangames. I'm excited to experience what this new era of MFGG has in store!

RE: Introducing Super Mario Fan Games Galaxy, the beginning of a wonderful partnership. - Funky - 04-02-2019

nice joke, guys..was kinda shocked about the popup-thingy (It's already April 2nd here, bear in mind)

I gotta say..
[Image: 635.jpg]

RE: Introducing Super Mario Fan Games Galaxy, the beginning of a wonderful partnership. - Saltman - 04-02-2019

If this is a joke I'm going to feel very sad

RE: Introducing Super Mario Fan Games Galaxy, the beginning of a wonderful partnership. - Thunderbro - 04-02-2019

Get prepared to feel sad friend.

RE: Introducing Super Mario Fan Games Galaxy, the beginning of a wonderful partnership. - VinnyVideo - 04-02-2019

Fake Charismatic Saltman Wrote:Give me wonderful partnerships, or I will be the one sad.

RE: Introducing Super Mario Fan Games Galaxy, the beginning of a wonderful partnership. - Daisy - 04-02-2019

But this is real!

RE: Introducing Super Mario Fan Games Galaxy, the beginning of a wonderful partnership. - OssieTheOstrich - 04-03-2019

..And it's gone back to normal.

RE: Introducing Super Mario Fan Games Galaxy, the beginning of a wonderful partnership. - Daisy - 04-03-2019

This is a joke. They are really now SMFGG.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.