MFGG Forums
[OPTIONAL] Vote for my Mario Petition: Make Mario just like the fans imagined it! - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: [OPTIONAL] Vote for my Mario Petition: Make Mario just like the fans imagined it! (/showthread.php?tid=1734)

[OPTIONAL] Vote for my Mario Petition: Make Mario just like the fans imagined it! - Princess Peach - 04-10-2019

Disclaimer: You don't personally have to sign this petition, but it would be nice to do so. Also, the petition doesn't have to 'happen', I just thought it would be nice for it to. Also, if you're a mod, I'm fine with you locking this thread if you feel it doesn't deserve to be here.

The full Petition is in the link down below. Basically, fans of the franchise have always wanted a 'sitcom' kind of franchise where literally everyone in it had a substantial part, had new and interesting mechanics every once in a while (like you'd see on MFGG among others), and just had more fleshed-out and expanded, but still simple, story, just like you'd see in the fan media as comics, games, videos, and of course this site where I'm writing this on. Basically, this 'New' Mario would be just like that of what the fans would've imagined.

Now, since I'm still not sure of the content on the petition's website itself, I'm just gonna put it in a spoiler just in case:

RE: [OPTIONAL] Vote for my Mario Petition: Make Mario the 'sitcom' series fans deserve. - Clobbah - 04-10-2019

I don't see how any of your threads have anything to do with Mario fangames. These are just business threads. That's not the point of MFGG. You're also way too ambitious and I doubt these things you're planning will make a ton or any progress.

RE: [OPTIONAL] Vote for my Mario Petition: Make Mario the 'sitcom' series fans deserve. - Princess Peach - 04-10-2019

(04-10-2019, 06:32 PM)RevampedSpider Wrote: I don't see how any of your threads have anything to do with Mario fangames. These are just business threads. That's not the point of MFGG. You're also way too ambitious and I doubt these things you're planning will make a ton or any progress.

Some of them indirectly relate to MFGG, but I will admit I haven't contributed much to MFGG in the intended grand scheme of things if any.
Also, I do understand I may actually be over-ambitious and I do certainly seem like it, but the thing is, in their current states, these projects and (maybe) business threads are only just experiments. They are intended to become full-fledged official business projects at the most, I will admit, but in their current states, they're only just experimental projects, and they will grow and I will learn programming and coding, etc., as I go.

In fact, you might've guessed by then that my projects actually have the suffix "test", such as "Princess Peach Test" - this means I'm testing out certain features within their respective engines and learning and (maybe) these projects growing as I go, and you've probably also noticed the [OPTIONAL] Prefix here in this thread - this petition is entirely optional and ultimately it was all just down to my opinion anyway. Others may have substantially or entirely different visions, but this is just my personal perspective.

So I'm sorry if I came off as a little much for what my skill level is right now, but I'm not intending to be over-ambitious in any way; I'm just letting these projects start out small and then become entirely new, official projects as they and I grow. I'm letting things go slow and steady, I'm not trying to rush things or anything.

RE: [OPTIONAL] Vote for my Mario Petition: Make Mario the 'sitcom' series fans deserve. - Clobbah - 04-10-2019

(04-10-2019, 07:05 PM)Princess Peach Wrote:
(04-10-2019, 06:32 PM)RevampedSpider Wrote: I don't see how any of your threads have anything to do with Mario fangames. These are just business threads. That's not the point of MFGG. You're also way too ambitious and I doubt these things you're planning will make a ton or any progress.

Some of them indirectly relate to MFGG, but I will admit I haven't contributed much to MFGG in the intended grand scheme of things if any.
Also, I do understand I may actually be over-ambitious and I do certainly seem like it, but the thing is, in their current states, these projects and (maybe) business threads are only just experiments. They are intended to become full-fledged official business projects at the most, I will admit, but in their current states, they're only just experimental projects, and they will grow and I will learn programming and coding, etc., as I go.

In fact, you might've guessed by then that my projects actually have the suffix "test", such as "Princess Peach Test" - this means I'm testing out certain features within their respective engines and learning and (maybe) these projects growing as I go, and you've probably also noticed the [OPTIONAL] Prefix here in this thread - this petition is entirely optional and ultimately it was all just down to my opinion anyway. Others may have substantially or entirely different visions, but this is just my personal perspective.

So I'm sorry if I came off as a little much for what my skill level is right now, but I'm not intending to be over-ambitious in any way; I'm just letting these projects start out small and then become entirely new, official projects as they and I grow. I'm letting things go slow and steady, I'm not trying to rush things or anything.

It's okay. It's just some criticism.

RE: [OPTIONAL] Vote for my Mario Petition: Make Mario the 'sitcom' series fans deserve. - Fun With Despair - 04-10-2019

so I guess rather than expressing my desire to drink whenever I see one of these types of threads, I'm going to ask you a question, because I feel the need to validate the one single psychology class I've taken in my life.

What are you actually doing to accomplish these extremely, and I cannot overstate that word enough, EXTREMELY lofty goals? I'm not trying to be rude, but outside of one doodle mockup of a fangame level and "business plans" ranging up to an entire multimillion dollar theme park, I don't think I've actually... seen any reason why you expect Nintendo, a company infamous for not being overly kind with its IPs in the first place to listen to you and license their properties to you.

The thing is, I've been slumming around this community and adjecent communities for over a decade now, and I've seen so many people crash and burn because they come right out of the gate with massive ambition but no work ethic or experience. I think you need to start small and actually make a thing before you start with these frankly colossal scale business plans that involve billion dollar companies listening to your whims.

RE: [OPTIONAL] Vote for my Mario Petition: Make Mario the 'sitcom' series fans deserve. - Princess Peach - 04-10-2019

(04-10-2019, 08:33 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote: so I guess rather than expressing my desire to drink whenever I see one of these types of threads, I'm going to ask you a question, because I feel the need to validate the one single psychology class I've taken in my life.

What are you actually doing to accomplish these extremely, and I cannot overstate that word enough, EXTREMELY lofty goals? I'm not trying to be rude, but outside of one doodle mockup of a fangame level and "business plans" ranging up to an entire multimillion dollar theme park, I don't think I've actually... seen any reason why you expect Nintendo, a company infamous for not being overly kind with its IPs in the first place to listen to you and license their properties to you.

The thing is, I've been slumming around this community and adjecent communities for over a decade now, and I've seen so many people crash and burn because they come right out of the gate with massive ambition but no work ethic or experience. I think you need to start small and actually make a thing before you start with these frankly colossal scale business plans that involve billion dollar companies listening to your whims.

All of these would be true, but I am in fact starting small - you see, the way I do things is that I have a "doodle mockup" and slowly expand on that - I've decided to learn programming as I program, kinda like learning Monopoly as we play if we've decided the instructions would be too complicated for us. As soon as that "doodle mockup of a fangame level" becomes something I might want to consider making into a full game, I either use that "engine" as the base and basis for the game itself, or just toss that mockup entirely and recreate the entire thing from scratch, with the full game in mind in the process.

Basically, I have huge goals in mind, but I'm very slowly, like a turtle and/or caterpillar, crawling and stretching and progressing and expanding on these - these are marathons; I'm not going full force on these goals and I'm certainly not trying to sprint the whole way through.

I will certainly do smaller projects that will actually get released in a reasonable amount of time at my skill level as I go, both as just to get something done at all and as part of the process of learning and progressing towards those huge goals.

Also, I do not under any circumstances guarantee that I'll reach these goals exactly, but some acceptable level on the ladder would, and in fact should, be fine.

More on that later.

RE: [OPTIONAL] Vote for my Mario Petition: Make Mario the 'sitcom' series fans deserve. - Evil Yoshi Toes - 04-11-2019

What is this exactly? I read the petition but still I cannot tell. Is this a fan animation you're making? Or is it a fan game? Or is it a tv show you want Nintendo to make? Or do you just want them to flesh out the Mario characters more? 

It's been a while since I've last slept so maybe that's why I can't understand this at all but wow am I confused. Could you maybe clarify what it is you are aiming for?

RE: [OPTIONAL] Vote for my Mario Petition: Make Mario the 'sitcom' series fans deserve. - Great Destination Tracks 3 - 04-11-2019

Uhhhh....I don't think so....

RE: [OPTIONAL] Vote for my Mario Petition: Make Mario the 'sitcom' series fans deserve. - Princess Peach - 04-11-2019

Look, I'm sorry for all the confusion. I was tired the day I wrote the petition.

Basically, the whole point of this petition is making Mario the way many fans imagined it through the comics, videos, fangames, and other media, among others, of them. I've heard of it from several sources, I will also admit, but basically, being a fan myself, I honestly kinda feel like Mario could become that way. Again, that's the whole of that anyway.

Again, I will repeat myself: Entirely optional; it's all perfectly fine and dandy if the petition doesn't succeed.

RE: [OPTIONAL] Vote for my Mario Petition: Make Mario just like the fans imagined it! - Daisy - 04-13-2019

I don’t think I can support this. I’m not really in for a “sitcom” kind of Mario.

RE: [OPTIONAL] Vote for my Mario Petition: Make Mario just like the fans imagined it! - OssieTheOstrich - 04-13-2019

(04-13-2019, 10:19 PM)Megumin the Arch Wizard Wrote: I don’t think I can support this. I’m not really in for a “sitcom” kind of Mario.

I agree, Mario isn't really fit for a sitcom. Mario is probably more suited to a cartoon or a movie anyway.
Plus I'm not sure sitcoms are popular in Japan, so if was going to be one, it may not be localised into Japanese.

Also signing online petitions does absolutely nothing, especially ones asking big companies to do this, or do that.

RE: [OPTIONAL] Vote for my Mario Petition: Make Mario just like the fans imagined it! - Daisy - 04-14-2019

(04-13-2019, 11:31 PM)Ostrich101 Wrote:
(04-13-2019, 10:19 PM)Megumin the Arch Wizard Wrote: I don’t think I can support this. I’m not really in for a “sitcom” kind of Mario.

I agree, Mario isn't really fit for a sitcom. Mario is probably more suited to a cartoon or a movie anyway.
Plus I'm not sure sitcoms are popular in Japan, so if was going to be one, it may not be localised into Japanese.

Also signing online petitions does absolutely nothing, especially ones asking big companies to do this, or do that.

Exactly, I’ve signed many but despite reaching the requirement, the demands are rarely ever met.

RE: [OPTIONAL] Vote for my Mario Petition: Make Mario just like the fans imagined it! - Honey Saucer Gengar - 04-14-2019

If you wanna start your dream of running a business, go to Kickstarter.

RE: [OPTIONAL] Vote for my Mario Petition: Make Mario just like the fans imagined it! - Princess Peach - 04-18-2019

For those who were confused by the petition as a whole - I will admit, it was hard to put into words, explaining the "sitcom" slip, among other things - it was an expression, a metaphor. But I've basically fixed it up now if not completely, so again, I'm sorry for all the confusion.

RE: [OPTIONAL] Vote for my Mario Petition: Make Mario just like the fans imagined it! - Flametale - 04-18-2019

Honestly I'm just baffled that the sheer impossible scope of your ambition escapes you.

Passion is instrumental to success, but only if you focus it in the right places. You're putting way too much on your plate and are expecting us to eat it up just as much. What you need to do is relax, take a step back and stop trying so hard to look so... businessy?

Keep your head down, and if you're going to learn to program, just go ahead and do it instead of saying you'll "learn to program as I program" - I can wholeheartedly tell you you're going to need to know a lot more than the tutorials will throw at you.

One step at a time, yeah? It's all cool and all having these ideas, and I'm not telling you you can't; just that we don't need to know every single idea you have. Like it or not the truth is, not every idea is a good one. And if you can't listen to people telling you it's a bad idea, you might be in over your head.

Quite frankly I'm also not sure if this is some weird elaborate roleplay or what

Back on topic: There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that this petition exists. If you're unhappy with the direction Nintendo has taken their characters, that's on you. I think the vast majority of people are pretty happy with the way Nintendo has handled their flagship characters. I'm sure there's some critiques here and there however, as nothing is flawless.

RE: [OPTIONAL] Vote for my Mario Petition: Make Mario just like the fans imagined it! - Princess Peach - 04-18-2019

(04-18-2019, 11:49 AM)RetroSpectre Wrote: Honestly I'm just baffled that the sheer impossible scope of your ambition escapes you.

Passion is instrumental to success, but only if you focus it in the right places. You're putting way too much on your plate and are expecting us to eat it up just as much. What you need to do is relax, take a step back and stop trying so hard to look so... businessy?

Keep your head down, and if you're going to learn to program, just go ahead and do it instead of saying you'll "learn to program as I program" - I can wholeheartedly tell you you're going to need to know a lot more than the tutorials will throw at you.

One step at a time, yeah? It's all cool and all having these ideas, and I'm not telling you you can't; just that we don't need to know every single idea you have. Like it or not the truth is, not every idea is a good one. And if you can't listen to people telling you it's a bad idea, you might be in over your head.

Quite frankly I'm also not sure if this is some weird elaborate roleplay or what

Back on topic: There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that this petition exists. If you're unhappy with the direction Nintendo has taken their characters, that's on you. I think the vast majority of people are pretty happy with the way Nintendo has handled their flagship characters. I'm sure there's some critiques here and there however, as nothing is flawless.

Alright, but to put it simply, even if worse came to worse or even worst, I'd get as much done as minimally possible. In fact, here's the point: I'm obviously not focusing on those huge goals and scope right now and certainly not right at that moment; at least not directly. Practically everything I mentioned before and now at that moment were metaphors; those were the ultimate goals I had in mind for my business. I'll certainly focus on the smaller goals only at that very moment, and make them even smaller if they were too ambitious, also, as a side note, any engines that would prove too clunky for me or anything like that whatsoever, etc., I'd drop and move on to the next one. I'm currently using Godot, and so far it's proving very good for me. Sure, there have been some roadblocks and bumps and ruts along the way, but ultimately I'm learning, so it's all OK with me.

To put it simply, I'm happy with my own way of things, even and especially when what I've just mentioned were metaphors. You're entitled, I'm entitled. Just my opinions and your opinions only. Nothing more. Thanks for understanding. Smile

I also mentioned that the petition was optional, especially in the title of both the thread and the actual petition itself, so if you're not going to sign in and/or it never succeeds, that's fine with me. I just thought maybe Nintendo's flagship could at least loosely follow along with the fans personally, but I'm going to repeat myself: ultimately, it's just my personal opinion.

Also, this is obviously not a roleplay - this is "serious". Again, thanks for understanding. Smile

RE: [OPTIONAL] Vote for my Mario Petition: Make Mario just like the fans imagined it! - Flametale - 04-18-2019

(04-18-2019, 12:57 PM)Princess Peach Wrote:
(04-18-2019, 11:49 AM)RetroSpectre Wrote: Honestly I'm just baffled that the sheer impossible scope of your ambition escapes you.

Alright, but to put it simply, even if worse came to worse or even worst, I'd get as much done as minimally possible. In fact, here's the point: I'm obviously not focusing on those huge goals and scope right now and certainly not right at that moment; at least not directly. Practically everything I mentioned before and now at that moment were metaphors; those were the ultimate goals I had in mind for my business. I'll certainly focus on the smaller goals only at that very moment, and make them even smaller if they were too ambitious, also, as a side note, any engines that would prove too clunky for me or anything like that whatsoever, etc., I'd drop and move on to the next one. I'm currently using Godot, and so far it's proving very good for me. Sure, there have been some roadblocks and bumps and ruts along the way, but ultimately I'm learning, so it's all OK with me.

To put it simply, I'm happy with my own way of things, even and especially when what I've just mentioned were metaphors. You're entitled, I'm entitled. Just my opinions and your opinions only. Nothing more. Thanks for understanding. Smile

I also mentioned that the petition was optional, especially in the title of both the thread and the actual petition itself, so if you're not going to sign in and/or it never succeeds, that's fine with me. I just thought maybe Nintendo's flagship could at least loosely follow along with the fans personally, but I'm going to repeat myself: ultimately, it's just my personal opinion.

Also, this is obviously not a roleplay - this is "serious". Again, thanks for understanding. Smile

Then perhaps it might be more constructive to spend more time learning to program (and why not post some of your WIPs to the board?) and less time making "optional" petitions, no? Wink

RE: [OPTIONAL] Vote for my Mario Petition: Make Mario just like the fans imagined it! - Princess Peach - 04-19-2019

Alright, just as a heads-up, this topic has derailed far enough now. This will return on-topic, and this thread and petition can remain dead if be so. I'll repeat myself once more: I'm fine with it being dead, and I may revive it in the future, but I don't have a definitive decision for this thread and petition, and I can't guarantee it'll be up forever.

RE: [OPTIONAL] Vote for my Mario Petition: Make Mario just like the fans imagined it! - Syaxamaphone - 04-19-2019

I'm glad you put optional in the thread title. I was worried for a moment that I would have no choice!

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.