MFGG Forums
Need assistance in the saving process of .INI files in TGF (Clickteam) - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Developer Discussion (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Need assistance in the saving process of .INI files in TGF (Clickteam) (/showthread.php?tid=1736)

Need assistance in the saving process of .INI files in TGF (Clickteam) - Merit Celaire - 04-10-2019

Okay, need everyone's help who uses Clickteam products, specifically "The Games Factory" (because that's what I've been used to for years and my finances won't allow me to do any necessary "upgrades" at this time).

The case is in terms of doing a "saving" process to an .INI file that I have in use for a Mario series fangame project that I'm doing. Details are still undisclosed, but I can tell you that I'm currently on the "options/setup" phase of that project and I'm dealing with the "file/records management" of it. The situation that I'm running into now is in terms of my trying to safely do the operation of "erasing/resetting" the progress and/or records stored on the .INI file (as well as the related counters that I have).

The layout itself I have is in terms on a menu to have the user confirm that the records be "reset" (same for if the users wants to clear all the save data for that game project). Now, for the counters, I have no problem with doing the reset process to 0 for the most part (or to default values if the user wants to start a fresh game overall). But regarding the saving process after the counters have been reset to default values, is there a possible way in the event list to save the targeted counters to my .INI on one event line (instead of having to do many event lines for the file saving/update process)?

I do have a "plan B" if there aren't any other breakthroughs I could try, but I just had to ask here to get additional ideas if I'm missing anything regarding the .INI save process. Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated so that I can get this phase accounted for and get to developing the game levels themselves. Thanks in advance.

RE: Need assistance in the saving process of .INI files in TGF (Clickteam) - Clobbah - 04-11-2019

I know this is off-topic, but I feel that instead of using The Games Factory (or any Clickteam product) you use a different engine like Unity or Godot. Both are free and are much less limited than Clickteam engines. Clickteam seems kind of outdated nowadays, but then again, people like 3kliksphillip and our fellow member Vitiman still use Clickteam and are pretty content with it so do what you want.

RE: Need assistance in the saving process of .INI files in TGF (Clickteam) - Merit Celaire - 04-11-2019

Actually, the Clickteam environment is still being maintained in general (after checking this part of their site which is mainly where they post news of upcoming updates of their software, especially Clickteam Fusion 2.5).  Plus, as stated earlier, I've been into doing my projects under the Clickteam (TGF) environment for years now. Wink

Meanwhile, when I get back home, I have to get back to the drawing board regarding "setup" on a level (once again, in terms of a "file management" thing for one of my game's "Options Area"); apparently when I was trying to deal with event handling for counters, it looks like it can handle so many at one time. (More specifically, it's in terms of "resetting the records and updating the game's .INI/save file after the user/player confirms that is what they want to do from the respective menu". Ugh...)

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.