MFGG Forums
what are your favourite music tracks in gaming? - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: what are your favourite music tracks in gaming? (/showthread.php?tid=1740)

what are your favourite music tracks in gaming? - SilverVortex - 04-14-2019

(i was debating putting this is general but since it's gaming it goes here. if somehow i'm an idiot and music somehow isn't gaming, then please would someone move it, thanks)
favourite music tracks? speaks for itself. honestly the only things that i would consider not to be legal for this topic are remixes that aren't actually used in the official games, so smash bros and persona remixes are fine.

good egg galaxy/egg planet (super mario galaxy): i have so much nostalgia for this. it's a great start (well, second start) to an amazing game, and i used to just stand in place for three minutes to just listen to the music, it's so good.
listen to it!

bowser's galaxy reactor (super mario galaxy): i was also debating whether to put this in or bowser's galaxy generator, but, while bowser's galaxy generator is better, galaxy reactor gets the edge for having a more quote-on-quote "epic and final battle" feel. like the entire premise of galaxy 1 itself, it has a cinematic and epic feel.
listen to it!

city trial (kirby air ride (super smash bros ultimate. remix)): this track starts intense with loud pianos and trumpets, then goes softer for about ten seconds, THEN GOES AWESOME AGAIN, then uses a violin. i think this track fits for a fast gameplay style, with intensive strokes, followed by melancholy and calmer sessions, then back intense. the instruments are used well, especially the drums, GOD the drums.
listen to it!

vampire killer (castlevania judgement): i like this one better than the smash bros. remix (don't murder me) because it has a hollower feeling for the theme of castlevania, nothing could fit better for a scary boi game. the guitars are used extremely well and i liked the choir added in as well, and the addition of clanging noises to add to the atmosphere.
listen to it!

divine bloodlines (castlevania rondo of blood (please correct me if i'm wrong) (super smash bros. ultimate remix)): DUDE THE VIOLINS ARE GOING CRAZY. i don't think i can add more to this, this track is godlike. the only thing i can find wrong with it is that there is no judgement version but who cares? WE HAVE VIOLINS.
THE VIOLI---i mean, listen to it!

gangplank galleon (donkey kong country (super smash bros. ultimate remix)): god, this is so much better than the original on so, SO many levels. it's fast, intense, awesome, it has TRUMPETS, it has crocodile rapping, the whole gang's here!
doddododdddodoododododododoodooodododo listen to it

light the fire up in the night (dark hour) (persona q: shadow of the labyrinth): definitely my favourite persona battle theme because it suits battle, it goes crazy with the guitars, like every rock/rap song should, it has LOTUS JUICE. i like the dark hour version more because it's more of a feeling of "finish the battle quickly, take more chances" than the midnight channel version's "let's keep going, work together, think your gameplan through!" aesthetic. the only thing i don't like about this track is the chorus, but that's short enough to be tolerable.
DON'T YOU SAY THAT I DIDN'T, DIDN'T, GIVE YOU A CHANCE, JUST DIDN'T LISTEN--
GOD JUST LISTEN TO IT

final destination (super smash bros. ultimate): picture this; you're fighting on a lone strip of land, torn between a battle with light and dark, fighting puppets of the friends you once knew, the spirits pleading to be freed. this music pressures you with the decisions you have to make, for the good or bad of the universe. also it has the main theme backwards, so that's great! (jokes aside, i cannot explain how much this music strikes every chord in my body without ranting about it for three and a half hours, so we'll leave it there for now.)
listen to it!

mass destruction (persona 3): hoo boi. the chorus is definitely the best part, making the best out of a piano and an electric guitar/bass (i don't really know) and, although it's cringey in some places, it still brings all the nostalgia with it. BABYBABY.
listen to it!

light the fire up in the night (kaejikan + mayonaka (saskure.uk remix (persona 3 dancing in moonlight))): how. did. you. make. this. better? it uses a weirdly amazing combination of techno and piano music to create this masterpiece! how?! it even makes the chorus better, which astonishes me, because the chorus was the low point in the original! HOW IS IT SO GOOD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE---
listen to it!

pull the trigger (persona q2: new cinema labyrinth): the drums, bass, trumpets, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, hamuko, how did you get such an amazing battle theme?! also, this theme has uplifting lyrics, like the other themes, as if it's a calling to hikari to stand up for herself. that's so cute. #hamukothebest
listen to it!

i wish i could fit all of my favourite music tracks here, but here's the last one, the BEST OF THE BEST:

brand new days (persona 3): this amazing masterpiece is the cream of the crop of---
i'm kidding. even though i love this song, however...

brand new days (yuyoyuppe remix (persona 3 dancing in moonlight)): YUYOYUPPE YOU GOD. this song mixes the melancholy lyrics of the original with melancholy rock sessions, and light guitar strumming inbetween, making the ultimate song in gaming history, in my opinion. the only thing wrong with this song is that it's only used in persona 3 dancing in moonlight, and there isn't a THIRTY MINUTE EXTENSION! WHERE ARE YOU, EXTENDERS?!?
it's incredible, just listen to it.

OH GOD, that was a trip, and well worth it too! let me know what your favourite tracks are and why!

RE: what are your favourite music tracks in gaming? - Great Destination Tracks 3 - 04-14-2019

Cog Battle: Toontown Online

Any Banjo Kazooie/Tooie Music

Jolly Roger Bay: Super Mario 64

Weldo Land: Mixels Rush

Metropolis Zone: Sonic 2

RE: what are your favourite music tracks in gaming? - Evil Yoshi Toes - 04-14-2019

Ricco Harbor from Super Mario Sunshine
Ordon Village from Zelda Twilight Princess
Peach and the Mysterious Map from Paper Mario TTYD
Girly Goodie Two Shoes from Little Big Planet
The entirety of Animal Crossing Wild World's hourly soundtrack

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.