MFGG Forums
Requesting Mario Engines in general (2d and 3d) for certain engines I use - see post. - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Developer Discussion (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Requesting Mario Engines in general (2d and 3d) for certain engines I use - see post. (/showthread.php?tid=1750)

Requesting Mario Engines in general (2d and 3d) for certain engines I use - see post. - Princess Peach - 04-23-2019

Hello.
I've been struggling with creating some Mario game content for a while now, and I've decided to maybe try and pick up on an engine instead, just like what's suggested on this site in general for some like me, just to (hopefully) speed things up at least a bit, and make things a little bit easier for me.

The first thing I want to get out of the way first are 3d Mario engines. I'm currently using Godot and to an extent Unity, so 3d (AND MAYBE 2D) engines would be nice for me.

I may be able to learn from the code for these engines to create future content also, and as mentioned in the title, I'm fine with a Godot or Unity 3d Mario Engine either way; I just need at least something to get to actually making good content and not struggling at least as much as I am right now anymore.

However, I WILL certainly continue to work on my own code, but for now I just need an engine to get things among other things sorted out for me.

However, I DO have some preferences, among others I won't describe just because I want to keep this short and don't need to be too specific:
  • Multiple Playable Characters - The most important reason being that I need unique animations for each of them, but their abilities are also of similar importance, among other things.
  • All moves (possible if not absolutely all of them), such as dive, ground-pound, and charge-jump - This COULD allow SOME experimentation with these to allow for different abilities with different actions done as certain button presses.
  • Super Mario 64- - Sunshine- - Odyssey-style gameplay - this goes as far as camera, moves, controls, and general gameplay, to name a few, but although I still do want at least one engine involving all this, besides that, this can be completely ignored.

The second and last thing I want to get out of the way are the 2d engines. Currently, I'm mostly using Construct 3, Buildbox, and to smaller extent Stencyl so I would like engines for that, but the same preferences AS above DO STILL apply to an extent so please don't ignore these.

Thanks for the help, y'all, and hopefully y'all could lend me a helping hand here. Again, thanks.

One last thing, however: Some could argue that I'm just trying to cheese the game design experience simply because it seemed like I was only learning stuff just to make a certain game, but A. That's the programming style I've personally decided to go for. And B. Although I am happy with the way things are going right now; it's just my own opinion of things, however, and I will repeat myself once again, just for clarification: I just need a little help here, though if y'all are unable or otherwise just don't want to put any engines out there, that's perfectly fine with me, I'll just continue the game design style I was myself personally.

RE: Requesting Mario Engines in general (2d and 3d) for certain engines I use - see post. - OssieTheOstrich - 04-23-2019

You are pretty much out of luck with 3D Mario engines bud, cause there ain't any.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.