MFGG Forums
persona 5 royal - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: persona 5 royal (/showthread.php?tid=1752)

persona 5 royal - SilverVortex - 04-24-2019

royal website
a total list of all the new things/changes;
  • new party member; kasumi yoshizawa, a gymnast in ren's year (codename currently unknown).
  • new confidant; takuto maruki, shujin academy's student counselor.
  • new unnamed blue-haired character, speculated to be a human morgana.
  • new area; kichijoji, contains a market.
  • confidants or party members can now post pictures in phone conversations.
  • you can now play darts and pool with your team as a pastime in a building known as the penguin sniper.
  • ryuji and makoto have new mugshots for conversations.
  • new menu options are available in a battle-style popup, allowing you to quick travel to the hideout, connect to the network, "co-op assist" or "status assist".
  • new confidant area, an aquarium, is available. it is shown that both yusuke and kasumi can be taken there.
  • the game is now in 4k.
  • a new comic book styled "intro" sequence is shown (not confirmed if that is the intro).
  • joker can use a grappling hook.
  • more animated cutscenes are present.
  • caroline and justine can now be taken outside of the velvet room.
this is probably my most hyped game of 2019. it looks and sounds incredible, and although it isn't shown to be on the switch, it still looks incredible for all you PS4 owners out there. it is said to release in 2020.

RE: persona 5 royal - SilverVortex - 06-22-2019

welp now to bring back the topic for news purposes!
  • somehow i forgot to mention this before, but new main theme, colours flying high!
  • kasumi's persona is confirmed to be cendrillon (french translation of "cinderella").
  • the new blue haired character is now confirmed to be human morgana, as he has been seen in the same bed as ren/the protagonist.
  • takuto maruki seems to be a "school-based insider" for the phantom thieves, not unlike sojiro sakura.
  • dual attacks return from persona 4, confirmed duos being haru and morgana, ryuji and makoto.
  • the game is to have at least 20 new songs added to the ost.
  • joker can use the grappling hook to get a preemptive strike on an enemy.
  • costumes and outfits can be bought with in-game yen, but some costumes, such as the velvet room outfits, are locked to DLC.
  • the velvet room can go into a psuedo-lockdown mode, changing the fusing mechanics.
  • goro akechi is said to have some story changes.
  • there is now a theater mode to watch cutscenes.
  • it has been speculated that the confidants will have more to do with the story, such as mueshai iwai giving ren/protagonist insider information on topics crucial to the phantom thieves.
  • kasumi's confidant is the faith arcana, and unlike literally every other confidant, she only has five ranks. these ranks unlock some special skills for the phantom thieves, like the grappling hook.
  • special cutscenes with takuto maruki and ryuji/ann reveal some tidbits about their personalities.
  • new treasures in the shape of skulls can be found in the palaces, and finding all three in a palace will upgrade a party member drastically, like giving ryuji the ability to learn dia (small healing to one party member), which was never possible in vanilla p5.
  • special shadows can appear that have special conditions, like countering every so often. there are special ways to defeat these.
  • last surprise returns, but if you ambush a shadow, a new music track called takeover will play instead. this applies to every battle except midbosses (which play keeper of lust) and bosses (which play blooming villain).
  • kasumi is precious.
and just as a bonus:

that's it for now, i'll post again once new information is released.

RE: persona 5 royal - fireball3k - 06-26-2019

thou art i... and i am thou.

i wish this wasn't a ps4 exclusive. now i have to buy a ps4 to play this damn game.

RE: persona 5 royal - SilverVortex - 06-28-2019

yeah, i know. i'm sure they'll give us a switch port eventually, i mean persona 5 scramble is on switch and joker is in smash, so who knows what will happen?
anyway, smaller news dump, since only one new ryuji-focused trailer was released since then;
  • some characters have two different portraits for conversations, while in vanilla p5 there was only one that shows multiple expressions.
  • third tier personas now exist, and are created by fusing the party member's original and second tier personas. none are confirmed, but ryuji's persona is "william". which william? we'll have to wait.
  • team attacks are extremely expressive and strong, ryuji and yusuke's are a in a restaurant where ryuji's eating is interrupted and they use a gun and grenade to finish them off.
  • ryuji can be taken to a theme park.
  • new story for ryuji's confidant was teased with ryuji whispering about being scouted by a university.

RE: persona 5 royal - SilverVortex - 08-02-2019

whoooo huge news dump, and this time i'll unfortunately have to spoiler it, since it contains huge spoilers for both this game and the original persona 5.
ready? go.
wow, i probably didn't even cover most of the things that were revealed ;-;
anyway that's it from me....except i can't leave without sharing a clean version of take over!

RE: persona 5 royal - Vert - 08-02-2019

>last surprise returns, but if you ambush a shadow, a new music track called takeover will play instead
LAME. Last Surprise is God Tier.

RE: persona 5 royal - SilverVortex - 08-02-2019

(08-02-2019, 02:24 PM)Vert Wrote: >last surprise returns, but if you ambush a shadow, a new music track called takeover will play instead
LAME. Last Surprise is God Tier.

fair enough, but i prefer take over over last surprise personally.
iirc though, if you max out ryuiji's confidant you can instakill any shadows you ambush, so that may bring you satisfaction when the game comes out lmao

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.