MFGG Forums
Luigi's Mansion 3 - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Luigi's Mansion 3 (/showthread.php?tid=1801)

Luigi's Mansion 3 - Evil Yoshi Toes - 06-15-2019

Luigi's Mansion 3 got a nice new trailer at E3 this year, and a some gameplay footage at the Nintendo Treehouse event. 

Treehouse gameplay:

What do you guys think? I know a lot of people, including myself, were disappointed in the initial reveal, but now that we have seen more I'm loving what I see! It isn't quite as spooky as the original game which is a shame, but it looks like a good compromise between the original and Dark Moon, leaning more toward the original. I'm very excited.

RE: Luigi's Mansion 3 - Flametale - 06-20-2019

I honestly thought we'd never see Luigi's Mansion 3. I wasn't the biggest fan of the second one (though I didn't hate it, either)
So this entry DEFINITELY has me reaching for my wallet. Portrait ghosts baby!

Slamming ghosts looks to be quite the catharsis too, can't wait to go ape with it Wink

RE: Luigi's Mansion 3 - SilverVortex - 06-21-2019

2/10 not a mansion

in all seriousness though, this game looks great. the ambiance has been upped about three tiers compared to luigi's mansion 2, and it's just so smash bros level expressive. like, everything looked a bit emotionless in the first trailer, and heck, even in luigi's mansion 2, a little bit. back then it was just "ahhh luggy's scared aaaaa", and now it's "luigi's in a beautiful hotel that he and his friends were invited to, and they just wanted to have fun there. instead, he wakes up with the hotel looking completely different, his friends missing, and ghosts running completely rampant around what was a luxurious place that you'd always dream of staying in".
getting to gameplay...daaaaamn. i always had a soft spot for luggy's house 2's gameplay, because it just felt good to use. but now, the devs took that, ironed out the kinks, and just expanded beyond BELIEF. the slam is a worthy replacement for the power suck, since it's a defensive and offensive move at the same time, dealing damage to ghosts and keeping them back as well! the suction shot seems like a good move, but it seems kind of barebones, it's just "oh hey it's luggy's grab from smash except you can pull things with it.". i'd much have preferred the dark light bulb to return, but eh. the burst is another case. it also looks barebones, but i also see a lot more potential in this one. imagine having luigi's mansion 2 style upgrades, and the burst being able to hover for longer, making platforming challenges not unlike captain toad!

now, gooigi. i'm getting some real triforce heroes vibes from this idea. and i love it.
i don't know, i just really like the idea of controlling more than one character to traverse obstacles in games. imagine this, luigi having to corner a mouse holding a key, or having to control two different pathways and using gooigi to his advantage.
now, before i have to leave after spending like half an hour typing this i want to share my thoughts on the ghosts. they are extremely unique, moreso i think, than the portrait ghosts from luggy's house 1. they theme themselves perfectly around the floors they're featured in, the medieval king challenging luigi to a duel, the filmmaker, filming luigi take down a boss fight a la godzilla (you'll know what i mean when you see it), and there's just so much more potential here to be used, especially with about twenty independent floors!
anyway, overall? i'd give it a 9.5/10 on current impressions.

RE: Luigi's Mansion 3 - Evil Yoshi Toes - 06-21-2019

Slamming ghosts was a really satisfying part of the trailer. I'm sure it'll be satisfying to pull off in game too.

I'm really happy about the "portrait" ghosts too! I personally like the designs of the portrait ghosts in the first game a little more actually, because they looked more like they could have been real people that died (more human in appearance), but they still look fun in LM3. I love the idea of a hotel with differently themed floors too. It's a clever way to make the Dark Moon styled mansion variation work in a single open structure. It's like mixing the best parts of LM2 with the original gameplay style. In terms of the environment I still do wish it looked spookier, with less light and more spiderwebs and everything a little more run down, but it's still cool just a little too pristine.

Gooigi is a really neat mechanic too. Now that you bring up Triforce Heroes though, I just hope it's fun to play as him in single player. My biggest issues with the Four Swords style Zelda games is that, while they are a lot of fun with several people, they are hugely tedious with only one person. You can just tell they were meant for multiple players. I don't think that'll be an issue here since LM has always been design around single player, it's just a thought.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.