MFGG Forums
What is your favorite 60s rock band? - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: What is your favorite 60s rock band? (/showthread.php?tid=1803)

What is your favorite 60s rock band? - strabiri - 06-17-2019

I'm sure everyone here knows about The Beatles, the Rolling Stones, and the Bee Gees, but which is your favorite 60s rock band? If I forgot any, leave it in the replies please.

Mine, personally, is The Beatles.

RE: What is your favorite 60s rock band? - Evil Yoshi Toes - 06-17-2019

I picked the Beatles because I’m most familiar with them but I like all of these except The Beach Boys.

RE: What is your favorite 60s rock band? - strabiri - 06-17-2019

Out of the 5 of these i've listened to (turtles, monkees, beatles, rolling stones, bee gees) rolling stones is the worst.

RE: What is your favorite 60s rock band? - Evil Yoshi Toes - 06-17-2019

I think Rolling Stones is my second favorite after Beatles. Beach Boys is definitely my least favorite of these. I think they're extremely annoying.

RE: What is your favorite 60s rock band? - strabiri - 06-17-2019

For me, Bee Gees was my second favorite. Their early songs (before disco) were kinda beatlesque, which I liked alot about them.

(shoutout to New York Mining Disaster for fooling everyone into thinking it was a beatles song in 1967)

RE: What is your favorite 60s rock band? - Hyper - 06-17-2019

Pink Floyd all the way. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat? Then again that's from a late 70s album. However A Saucerful of Secrets is a pretty solid late 60s album.

RE: What is your favorite 60s rock band? - fireball3k - 06-18-2019

how the hell am i supposed to make a choice here? all of these bands are great, my OP man.

RE: What is your favorite 60s rock band? - Vitiman - 06-18-2019

procol harum, but a lot of the listed bands are good, especially Beatles (god bless White Album) and the Who

I love Pink Floyd a f***ing lot, they're one of my favourite bands, and that's exactly why I'm hesitant to call them a "'60s rock band", their most popular albums are from the '70s, but if Pink Floyd count so should my boys King Crimson

RE: What is your favorite 60s rock band? - GeneralGuy - 06-18-2019

The Doors

RE: What is your favorite 60s rock band? - strabiri - 06-19-2019

(06-18-2019, 08:10 PM)fireball3k Wrote: how the hell am i supposed to make a choice here? all of these bands are great, my OP man.
I dunno. play eeny meeny miny moe?

(06-18-2019, 08:24 PM)Vitiman Wrote: procol harum, but a lot of the listed bands are good, especially Beatles (god bless White Album) and the Who

I love Pink Floyd a f***ing lot, they're one of my favourite bands, and that's exactly why I'm hesitant to call them a "'60s rock band", their most popular albums are from the '70s, but if Pink Floyd count so should my boys King Crimson
Most of the decisions besides obvious ones were based off a google search 'popular 60s rock bands' and choosing the most popular. I mean, John Lennon's probably most recognizable work, imagine, was done in 1971.

RE: What is your favorite 60s rock band? - HylianDev - 06-19-2019

all of these bands were technically active in the 60s, but some of them don't really seem like "60s bands" (led zeppelin, pink floyd, the bee gees) as they got bigger in the 70s.

I don't like or really know any of their music that's definitely from the 60s. so then I'd have to say the Beatles

RE: What is your favorite 60s rock band? - strabiri - 06-19-2019

(06-19-2019, 07:25 AM)HylianDev Wrote: all of these bands were technically active in the 60s, but some of them don't really seem like "60s bands" (led zeppelin, pink floyd, the bee gees) as they got bigger in the 70s.

I don't like or really know any of their music that's definitely from the 60s. so then I'd have to say the Beatles
The bee gees were sorta big in the 60s when they were still a rock band, moreso in australia though.

RE: What is your favorite 60s rock band? - recent - 09-03-2019

(06-18-2019, 08:24 PM)Vitiman Wrote: Beatles (god bless White Album)

my personal favorite fab four album as well, for an album made at such high tensions there are a good ton of songs ranging from meh to amazing

nice bump

RE: What is your favorite 60s rock band? - strabiri - 09-03-2019

(09-03-2019, 07:19 PM)recent Wrote:
(06-18-2019, 08:24 PM)Vitiman Wrote: Beatles (god bless White Album)

my personal favorite fab four album as well, for an album made at such high tensions there are a good ton of songs ranging from meh to amazing

nice bump
 Bruh theres like 2 good songs on the white album

RE: What is your favorite 60s rock band? - Yoshin - 09-03-2019

>no Ronnie and the Rumblers
I am offended

RE: What is your favorite 60s rock band? - Kirby's Adventure - 09-04-2019

Of the bands presented, probably Pink Floyd.

Maybe Genesis 😏 (they were active since '67 but their debut wasn't released until '69)

RE: What is your favorite 60s rock band? - recent - 09-04-2019

(09-03-2019, 07:23 PM)FUNKY GREEN MARIO!!! Wrote: Bruh theres like 2 good songs on the white album

happiness is a warm gun, back in the ussr, dear prudence, julia, yer blues, everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey, piggies, revolution 1 (the single version is better but its basically the same song in a different arrangement), rocky raccoon, sexy sadie, and mother nature's son are all bad. noted

RE: What is your favorite 60s rock band? - Daisy - 10-20-2019

The Beatles were good but they're no Led Zeppelin.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.