MFGG Forums
Watch List - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Watch List (/showthread.php?tid=1806)

Watch List - CaptainDrewBoy - 06-20-2019

It'd be cool if you could add games to a watch list so that people are notified when anything happens concerning the game (updates, ect.).
This could also help people mark games they WANT to download, but have to download later.

RE: Watch List - Hyper - 06-20-2019

(06-20-2019, 02:10 PM)CaptainDrewBoy Wrote: It'd be cool if you could add games to a watch list so that people are notified when anything happens concerning the game (updates, ect.).
This could also help people mark games they WANT to download, but have to download later.

Thanks for your inputs and I would personally like to see this happen some day. However, I just want to be certain, are you referring to the main site?

RE: Watch List - VinnyVideo - 06-20-2019

Maybe a way to "follow" a mainsite submission so you can get a notification when there's an updated version, a new review, or a new comment?

Or a way to keep track of the games that you've played or want to play?

Or all of the above!

RE: Watch List - Evil Yoshi Toes - 06-21-2019

A sort of "add to list" thing where you could put things like games and resources that you love but don't want to download yet because you won't play them right away/have no use for them would be really cool. Also, a "track" type button where you are notified of updates to the submissions would be a cool feature to see implemented eventually as well. I'm not sure which of these you meant, but I like both of them.

RE: Watch List - CaptainDrewBoy - 06-21-2019

I was referring to the main site, for those of you who were uncertain.

I first thought of this when I was browsing the site on my tablet and saw a cool-looking game, but couldn't give myself a way of remembering it without using an external application.

Code:
<script><alert>Cool idea</alert> 
But if you want to know if I meant a thing to track activity or to list cool games - I think it should do both!

RE: Watch List - VinnyVideo - 06-21-2019

@CaptainDrewBoy That's another scenario where this feature could be useful. Most games on the MFGG mainsite are built for Windows, but if you're browsing the site on a mobile device and you see a game that interests you, you could set a reminder to download it the next time you're on your PC.

RE: Watch List - Pedigree - 06-23-2019

I like this idea

RE: Watch List - Hyper - 06-23-2019

My apologies for the late reply but this is definitely a great idea! Once I got more free time down the road, I'll be working on implementing this feature.

RE: Watch List - CaptainDrewBoy - 06-23-2019

(06-23-2019, 11:40 AM)Hypernova Wrote: My apologies for the late reply but this is definitely a great idea! Once I got more free time down the road, I'll be working on implementing this feature.

Gee, thanks!
Glad I could suggest something useful!

Does this mean I get a page on the wiki?  Confused

I jest, I jest.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.