MFGG Forums
[CONCEPT] MARIO (mother-style RPG) - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Developer Discussion (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: [CONCEPT] MARIO (mother-style RPG) (/showthread.php?tid=1809)

[CONCEPT] MARIO (mother-style RPG) - strabiri - 06-23-2019

Generic Intro Part
So, about a year ago, I made a forum post about Mushbound Zero, a Mother-like Mario RPG being made in RPG maker. Now, neither 'mother-like mario rpg' or 'rpg maker' has changed at all in the past like, whatever, year. 

However, the last post was just, bad. Badly worded and bad in general. I'm embarassed by that post, please don't look at it. This is the new thread for the MARIO concept, (yes I did change the name from mushbound zero, I didn't like that) and I've got a bit more progress beyond 'mother-like mario rpg' which was, basically, all I had in the last thread. It's meant to take place in Brooklyn, (if it ever gets past concept stage) or Italy. I haven't decided which, but Italy does have a landmark I can put in the logo. (Which is currently the Eiffel Tower, as the A.) Could also take place around the whole world. Have Mario travelling as a plot point, I dunno.

'Player' Characters Part
The game would have 3 'player' characters, 2 following Mario. (mother 1 style)
Mario, Luigi, and Toad. Princess Peach was going to be a playable character, but I decided it's best that the story revolves around her being kidnapped, like most Mario stories.

Generic Mario Story Part
Mario wakes up to Generic Toad Screaming noises. He learns from talking to Generic Toad Character that Peach has been kidnapped by Bowser. Now Mario has to get the 6 infinity stones find the Generic Plot Pieces to get to Generic Bowser Castle area and fight Mr. Generic Final Boss himself, Bowser.

Mock-up Logo Part 
Here's the mock-up logo:
[Image: unknown.png]
Based on this logo:
[Image: earthbound-zero-beginnings-mother-1.png]

Generic Ending Part
So that's basically all I've got right now. I'll do a bit more brainstorming on this later, and you can feel free to drop any ideas in the replies, or ping me on discord (Stingo Rarr#3050)
Have a great day lads. Give this post a 1-up if you think it's a cool concept, I guess.

RE: [CONCEPT] MARIO (mother-style RPG) - Evil Yoshi Toes - 06-24-2019

Will the Beatles make a cameo?  Big Grin

RE: [CONCEPT] MARIO (mother-style RPG) - strabiri - 06-24-2019

(06-24-2019, 09:07 AM)Evil Yoshi Toes Wrote: Will the Beatles make a cameo?  Big Grin

of course, what would you expect from the man himself, me

RE: [CONCEPT] MARIO (mother-style RPG) - strabiri - 06-24-2019

big concept drawing. very bad quality. depicts the epic beatles (or boombas) cameo, playing their hit song, here comes the angry sun
the colored stick men guys are player characters. this is where you meet ala-gold (the player character thing toad.)

[Image: unknown.png]

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.