MFGG Forums
Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: News and Events (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) (/showthread.php?tid=1817)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-7) - Hyper - 07-04-2019

I guess I'm on the same bandwagon now:
[Image: image.png]

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-7) - VinnyVideo - 07-04-2019

@Roo On a related note, this is an excellent time to use other graphics and .WAV files that came with Clickteam products (or older versions of Game Maker, if that's your thing)!

BLAHST

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-7) - Roo - 07-04-2019

You know, that's a great idea.

Here are all the sample files from Klik n' Play (or at least all the ones from some specific free version of it).

There's definitely a weird, stupid, literally-over-two-decades-old sound effect here for basically everything.

Also, if you don't generally browse threads other than this one, maybe take a look at the Ref Sprite Jamboree too. Fun stuff.

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-7) - Vitiman - 07-05-2019

Okay, so my Virtual PC setup died on me and, regrettably, I have to start over. Tragic as that is, I took the opportunity to upgrade.
[Image: Im1w6c7.png]
What? Windows 2000 is a gigantic leap compared to 95!

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-7) - CaptainDrewBoy - 07-05-2019

Anybody know any Game Factory 1.06 tutorials?
Having to teach myself and the thing isn't exactly user friendly when the help buttons aren't supported by Windows 10.

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-7) - Roo - 07-05-2019

(07-05-2019, 01:09 PM)CaptainDrewBoy Wrote: Anybody know any Game Factory 1.06 tutorials?
Having to teach myself and the thing isn't exactly user friendly when the help buttons aren't supported by Windows 10.

You could search for Multimedia Fusion (2) tutorials on YouTube. The programs are pretty similar in layout and function, though TGF obviously lacks features.

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-7) - Evil Yoshi Toes - 07-05-2019

(07-05-2019, 01:09 PM)CaptainDrewBoy Wrote: Anybody know any Game Factory 1.06 tutorials?

Almightyzentaco on youtube has some good tutorials for people like myself who have no idea what they're doing. His tutorials are for Clickteam Fusion, so some things he does might not be possible on TGF since that's a much older version, but it can still help nonetheless. I don't remember how different TGF is since I'm been using Clickteam Fusion and haven't touched TGF in a long time.

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-7) - Mors - 07-05-2019

Wish I had the time to join this, I would've loved to make some old school stuff. Good luck to everyone who's joining!

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-7) - Q-Nova - 07-06-2019

In where I'm at in the moment, it's July 6, so I think it's alright for me to submit my entry:

Download!

I did have a pretty funny idea in my head, but because of stuff I have to deal with today and tomorrow, I feel like there's not enough time to do it. So, instead, I decided to give you all what was basically the result of me playing around with The Games Factory for a day (thanks @Yakibomb for the instructions!). As someone who's more of a Game Maker user, working with a Clickteam product for the first time since ages ago was pretty interesting. I had some issues with it (seriously, why can't I be able to make things shoot objects!? WHY!?), but I managed to work around them.

I want to say that I love that this event even exists! I've been interested in using one of ye olde game-making tools lately, so this is a great excuse for me to do so! I've also been finding something in ye olde fangames to be rather fascinating; there's just something in them that you can't find in your average, modern fangame! So, I'm very interested in seeing what will all of those who are joining gonna come up with! Good luck! Wink

@Vitiman It's cool that you're using Windows 2000 to make your game in, but what I really love is that you're using a Mario Party 3 theme! (Seriously, the Mario Parties rock!)

@Hypernova Seeing Windows XP makes me feel nostalgic. Love I was actually going to use Game Maker 6, but it wouldn't even start up in my computer, so... yeah.

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-7) - King Piranha Plant - 07-06-2019

(07-06-2019, 12:36 AM)Q-Nova Wrote: In where I'm at in the moment, it's July 6, so I think it's alright for me to submit my entry:

Download!

I enjoy the level where he's crying for you to save him and you have to move several centimeters and touch him

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-7) - Simpson55 - 07-06-2019

Here's my entry.

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-7) - Clobbah - 07-06-2019

I'm making great progress, so I should be done by tomorrow.

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-7) - Neo Hyper Yoshi - 07-06-2019

Oh wow, if I'd known about this earlier, I might have whipped something silly involving Yoshi up. Laughing

Great idea though, stuff like this reminds of the good old days.

And btw, TGF seems to runs fine in windows 10 as I just installed it in case i decide to goof around with it in future.

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-7) - Evil Yoshi Toes - 07-07-2019

My game.

I tried harder on this than I thought I would because it was a lot of fun. I did it earlier this week since I thought I'd be out of town the later part of this week and weekend to visit my grandmother, but that ended up not happening so I used today to finish the boss that I didn't get to do before and to add the npc houses and some mfgg characters from the ref topic. My game isn't technically good, but this is the first fan game I've actually finished despite my interest in them starting over a decade ago. I tried to make it look like some of my first attempts at fan games, which used a lot of horribly resized clickteam library assets and screenshot edits from Paper Mario games. It's a little more playable than my first games though.

I feel like a 10 year old again, in a good way. It'd be a shame if we didn't do this again some time.

Pictures of the game here

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-7) - Roo - 07-07-2019

Just thought to let you know that the official deadline-ish is

July 8, 23:59 /11:59 PM GMT

so that's basically an extra day. You should probably try to get your game done today-ish, but an extra day's an extra day. It's not an extremely strict deadline, though, so your game can be here a bit later than that, but if you need more than one additional day, you're probably doing something wrong.

Also, nice to see so many games already!

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-7) - King Piranha Plant - 07-07-2019

I'm really loving these. The kart one had me laughing remembering how abysmally infuriating TGF's go-kart controls were.

And damn Yoshi Toes, that game was actually really polished and enjoyable! I got kind of emotional playing it, just thinking about the odd surreal charm of Mario and how we all connected with each other all those years ago, like this weird little particular vibe brought us together and aspired us to make our own games, how we all just loved chasing down that vibe and spending time in it.

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Hyper - 07-07-2019

Well. I suppose here is my half baked entry:
[Image: image.png]
Download URL [7.87 MB]
Mirror

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Clobbah - 07-07-2019

Oh man the competition's gonna be tough

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Pedigree - 07-07-2019

[Image: ZknbV0s.png]

Goomba Goes to the Polls

Get your ballot to the mailbox. Don't let Trump stop you! Six endings all depending on how you make it through the level!

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10yyzZ9Hp8Ge-RPqqszBbdGebxtCddvOV/view?usp=sharing

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Clobbah - 07-07-2019

I'll have mine uploaded within the next hour.

Okay, so Godot ran into a problem with the export that I can't seem to fix at all. So it looks like I'll just have to make something smaller in Clickteam to compensate, since it's much simpler.

So much for Godot being reliable...

You know what. This might be a really weird way of doing it, but the error gave me no choice. Here's the source code for the game. I might as well post it rather than not post it and having the time spent be in vain.
Of course, the only thing you need is Godot. (Apologies for the bloated size, I made stuff up as I went along.)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WjXNRgwBmI5iTBTLFGsF9X8-MVdQ8K_K

Maybe if I fix the error I'll put an updated version on the mainsite.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.