MFGG Forums
Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: News and Events (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) (/showthread.php?tid=1817)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Vitiman - 07-07-2019

[Image: pfyCT6U.png]

Finished! Download now! Soveryhappy

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Clobbah - 07-07-2019

So, the export just decided to work now for some reason. Oh well. At least that means you can just unzip the game now.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_yuGVT7UIs7ix5jKZ9WJOLJ3SESLldjj

And just because it makes sense being a Godot game, I'll leave the source code up. Hopefully more of you can play it now!

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Langton - 07-07-2019

Metallic Madness

I... I'm not sure what this is. Controls are CONTROLs and SHIFTs and ARROWs.

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Roo - 07-07-2019

Wow, 8 games already. I would probably have been happy with, like, two. Shows how much people care when the theme is actually interesting.

Also, as a reminder to everyone (myself included, I guess), you've got approximately 24 hours left, so chop chop.

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Hyper - 07-07-2019

This is indeed the most interesting theme by far out of my past 10 years dwelling here.

@Simpson55 - Late for this but yep, true story for a person who drive a manual transmission car on a daily commute.

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Q-Nova - 07-08-2019

Hahahaha! Laughing I played all of the games (except for @"RevampedSpider"'s, which won't work in my computer, because it's not compatible with my computer, which is a Windows 7 32-bit), and man, they're all so good! I find the Clickteam ones to be interesting, since they really show you what can those programs do if you have enough experience, as someone who was just starting to play around with The Games Factory a few days ago. The Game Maker ones also bring back some memories. Smile

@Evil Yoshi Toes Hey, this is actually pretty good! It has that feel of the old fangames, and yet manages to be reasonably polished and fun! I feel like this even deserves to be on the main site! I'd like to see you do more games! (I think this is the first time I've seen someone credit me in a game.)

@Vitiman Hey, I just want to say that your entry is absolutely fantastic! Like Evil Yoshi Toes, you made something that got the old fangame feel down to a T and yet feels like a lot of fun. I think this one deserves to be on the main site as well! The way Wario works reminds me of Wario vs. Windows (in fact, I feel like that game might've used the same engine). I love those dancing stick figures! I was having trouble with the third level (especially those bottles), and I often bumped into the REALLY ANNOYING audio glitch, where the game may just slow down and play a sound over and over until you turn off the game (though, that's the fault of the program, and perhaps how my computer treats it), and the lack of passwords made that even more annoying. I kept on going, though, and eventually learned that you can ground pound enemies! I'm glad that I had the patience to make it to the end! Something tells me you might leave this as a "demo", to kinda reference how some people tend to not finish their stuff, but if that's the case, part of me does hope that you'll expand this into a full game someday. Smile

I think these games really tell us about something: It's not all about having flashy graphics and super-duper-high-quality music. There's nothing wrong with them, but what really matters is having fun! If the graphics clash and/or the music is MIDIs, who cares? Just as long as it's grand, fun journey! Wink Commander Keen 2000 and Wario vs. Windows, to name a couple, are some of my favorite fangames, despite being so dated.

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Clobbah - 07-08-2019

(07-08-2019, 12:57 AM)Q-Nova Wrote: Hahahaha! Laughing I played all of the games (except for @"RevampedSpider"'s, which won't work in my computer, because it's not compatible with my computer, which is a Windows 7 32-bit), and man, they're all so good! I find the Clickteam ones to be interesting, since they really show you what can those programs do if you have enough experience, as someone who was just starting to play around with The Games Factory a few days ago. The Game Maker ones also bring back some memories. Smile

@Evil Yoshi Toes Hey, this is actually pretty good! It has that feel of the old fangames, and yet manages to be reasonably polished and fun! I feel like this even deserves to be on the main site! I'd like to see you do more games! (I think this is the first time I've seen someone credit me in a game.)

@Vitiman Hey, I just want to say that your entry is absolutely fantastic! Like Evil Yoshi Toes, you made something that got the old fangame feel down to a T and yet feels like a lot of fun. I think this one deserves to be on the main site as well! The way Wario works reminds me of Wario vs. Windows (in fact, I feel like that game might've used the same engine). I love those dancing stick figures! I was having trouble with the third level (especially those bottles), and I often bumped into the REALLY ANNOYING audio glitch, where the game may just slow down and play a sound over and over until you turn off the game (though, that's the fault of the program, and perhaps how my computer treats it), and the lack of passwords made that even more annoying. I kept on going, though, and eventually learned that you can ground pound enemies! I'm glad that I had the patience to make it to the end! Something tells me you might leave this as a "demo", to kinda reference how some people tend to not finish their stuff, but if that's the case, part of me does hope that you'll expand this into a full game someday. Smile

I think these games really tell us about something: It's not all about having flashy graphics and super-duper-high-quality music. There's nothing wrong with them, but what really matters is having fun! If the graphics clash and/or the music is MIDIs, who cares? Just as long as it's grand, fun journey! Wink Commander Keen 2000 and Wario vs. Windows, to name a couple, are some of my favorite fangames, despite being so dated.

Oh crap. I thought everyone here had a 64 bit computer Haha

I can definitely try to see if I can export a 32bit version and I can PM you.

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Vitiman - 07-08-2019

(07-08-2019, 12:57 AM)Q-Nova Wrote: @Vitiman Hey, I just want to say that your entry is absolutely fantastic! Like Evil Yoshi Toes, you made something that got the old fangame feel down to a T and yet feels like a lot of fun. I think this one deserves to be on the main site as well! The way Wario works reminds me of Wario vs. Windows (in fact, I feel like that game might've used the same engine). I love those dancing stick figures! I was having trouble with the third level (especially those bottles), and I often bumped into the REALLY ANNOYING audio glitch, where the game may just slow down and play a sound over and over until you turn off the game (though, that's the fault of the program, and perhaps how my computer treats it), and the lack of passwords made that even more annoying. I kept on going, though, and eventually learned that you can ground pound enemies! I'm glad that I had the patience to make it to the end! Something tells me you might leave this as a "demo", to kinda reference how some people tend to not finish their stuff, but if that's the case, part of me does hope that you'll expand this into a full game someday. Smile

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I apologize for the sound glitch, that appears to just be unavoidable with retro Clickteam and newer OSes... though, the weird thing is I have yet to experience it in any of my playthroughs of the game on Windows 7 (as I didn't playtest it purely on 2000 for obvious reasons). I've had other people report to me it happens, so that's tragic... but the good news is it's not my fault! Hooray! Though, for compatibility purposes, I *may* compile a version in Clickteam Fusion 2.5 to remedy this, though it won't be as authentic and the platform engine in that is very significantly altered compared to the old one, which saddens me greatly (it's a big reason why I chose to make this in TGF).

The game will very likely stay a "demo", and the comment at the end was very definitely tongue-in-cheek (as it's over 15 years ahead of its expected due date, haha!). That said, if there's enough demand for it, I may just attempt to finish this in my spare time. I know that third level was really difficult, and with your comment in mind I'll have to tone down the difficulty of the autoscroll segment in a future release.

I know exactly what you mean about old fangames, though. They're some of my favourite on the site for how raw and clashy and authentic they feel. It basically screams at you "this wasn't made by Nintendo" and I think, in this current climate of concerns and worries, that's a very good thing. I enjoy very polished fangames myself, but it sometimes just feels really amusing and cute (and charming, above all else) to play something like this where it's just so bizarre and surreal that it makes you want to laugh or smile. With all that said, I'll be honest and admit I've wanted to "update" several retro fangames and make them more playable for a long while now. Mario's Mansion 2 has been on my list for quite some time to remake/remaster, but reaching FanGuy is basically impossible these days. Hell, it was impossible 5 years ago when I tried the first time - Yoshiman even tried on my behalf, but wasn't able to get contact with him, evidently.

Needless to say, I think this Game Jam has been a roaring success and... something tells me we'll be seeing a few more entries before tomorrow's over too. Can't say how I know, I just have a gut feeling Wink

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Miles - 07-08-2019

Roo, how dare you, you've made me go and produce this garbage, dang it

No but seriously, I absolutely adore the theme of this jam! I started my project in Click N Create but I had to move it to The Games Factory due to CNC being functionally incomplete and even buggier.

My "entry", Mario Helps The World, is here. Be warned right now: It is legitimately unfair, but it is beatable. And the classic Clickteam games sound bug may very well occur in modern OSes, sadly. At the very least, I hope at least part of it somewhat amuses you to some degree.

In case you get stuck at the end of a level: you should know backtracking is involved.

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - bearofsquares - 07-08-2019

as someone who's been a small child looking in on MFGG from the outside during the time period which this jam is centered around, i must say i absolutely adore this jam and everything that has come out of it.
i did try to make an entry, but ultimately had to rush it due to my personal life: you can download that here, with this google drive link. 
i've given most of the entries up until this point a try, and you all have nailed the early mfgg game feel to a tee.
i'd love to see a jam like this happen again sometime in the future, especially with what's been shown here from all of you!

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - King Piranha Plant - 07-08-2019

Wanted to second Q-Nova's post, I played every entry too and was laughing the whole time. Taco Wario was super dope.

I wanted to submit an entry myself, but heard it about it too late, and already posted a dumb Clickteam Mario game on the forums this week hahaha. But this definitely makes me want to keep playing with Clickteam products and bad engines forever

Never stop with the dumbness or the weirdness  Cool

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Roo - 07-08-2019

For your consideration, here is my game,

Luigi fr*ckin' dies! FOR REAL!!
(Version 1.3, baby.)

I don't want to spoil too much, but let's just say that it's about the death of someone. If you're under the age of about 13, maybe look behind your back to see if your mom's watching, because the game contains death (duh), swearing, violence and alcohol (ab)use.

Also, in case someone's still working on their game, you have about 9 hours left. It's not a matter of life and death, so you can be a bit late, but like I said before, if you need this much time to make your game, you might be doing something wrong (and yes, that applies to me too).

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Vitiman - 07-08-2019

(07-08-2019, 05:27 AM)King Piranha Plant Wrote: Wanted to second Q-Nova's post, I played every entry too and was laughing the whole time. Taco Mario was super dope.

ahem it's Taco Wario, Mario's the red guy

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Yakibomb - 07-08-2019

Ahh funguh! I won't be able to submit my game in time because I was too busy. Oh well.

I'll still likely work on it. Can't wait to play these new hot games!

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - King Piranha Plant - 07-08-2019

(07-08-2019, 01:30 PM)Vitiman Wrote:
(07-08-2019, 05:27 AM)King Piranha Plant Wrote: Wanted to second Q-Nova's post, I played every entry too and was laughing the whole time. Taco Mario was super dope.
ahem it's Taco Wario, Mario's the red guy 

WHOOPS

I get really used to typing the M word on these forums, we use it in too many freakin sentences

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - VinnyVideo - 07-08-2019

Yes, I actually made something. It's time for Oiram Pizza Quest!

I made this game in an afternoon, just to see if I could figure out how to use The Games Factory, as I'd barely done anything with Clickteam over the years.

Expect a stunning level of quality.

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Kirby's Adventure - 07-08-2019

Mario Spells iCup

[Image: unknown.png]

There is a readme in the archive which contains all the relevant information. Made in GameMaker 5.3.

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Roo - 07-08-2019

I'm pretty sure it's past the deadline I stated earlier, so I think the whole shebang's now officially over. If you're almost finished with a game, better make it quick, and if you haven't even started yet, maybe don't bother anymore.
Anyway, if I can still do basic math, I think we got a whopping 13  entries. Wow. I would've already been utterly flabbergasted by, like, 5 games, but y'all sure went above and beyond.

Now that every game is (hopefully) here, maybe I should actually play them.

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - DJ Yoshiman - 07-09-2019

If I had the time, I would have probably come up with something... only to can it, given my track record.

Though imagine if I had actually finished WiTT Episode 3 for this. Would have still been within the rules. Cool

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - MegaTailzChao - 07-11-2019

I know it's a bit late but here's my entry. It's called Super Mario High Effort. Sorry if it's not terribly bizarre and 3 days late but I'm proud of it.

[Image: zRUO7YU.png]

https://app.box.com/s/74j7v8ru9vv01figbs8iyh9f3owarv70

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.