MFGG Forums
Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: News and Events (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) (/showthread.php?tid=1817)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Rob - 07-11-2019

(07-11-2019, 03:26 AM)MegaTailzChao Wrote: I know it's a bit late but here's my entry. It's called Super Mario High Effort. Sorry if it's not terribly bizarre and 3 days late but I'm proud of it.

[Image: zRUO7YU.png]https://app.box.com/s/74j7v8ru9vv01figbs8iyh9f3owarv70
LUL reminds me of those kind of old fangames where it was just one hit death BS

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Evil Yoshi Toes - 07-12-2019

The M&L Superstar Saga sprites on platforms that don't work at all with their perspective is really nostalgic to me.

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - King Piranha Plant - 07-12-2019

(07-11-2019, 10:35 PM)Rob Wrote:
(07-11-2019, 03:26 AM)MegaTailzChao Wrote: I know it's a bit late but here's my entry. It's called Super Mario High Effort. Sorry if it's not terribly bizarre and 3 days late but I'm proud of it.

https://app.box.com/s/74j7v8ru9vv01figbs8iyh9f3owarv70
LUL reminds me of those kind of old fangames where it was just one hit death BS     

It's no true Mario fangame unless it induces hateful rage

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Vitiman - 07-14-2019

All right, badges have been dished out. With that, the Game Jam has officially come to a close! We had an insane turnout with this event, it was absolutely beyond expectations and I think a big part of that is not only thanks to the awesome theme and idea from @Roo, but the fact that the silly, absurdist fangame is still very much valued here at MFGG. It puts a smile on my face knowing there are other people who have a fondness for this kind of thing =)

We'll see you all soon for sure, who knows? We might have another game jam like this in the future Soveryhappy

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Clobbah - 07-14-2019

(07-14-2019, 02:55 PM)Vitiman Wrote: All right, badges have been dished out. With that, the Game Jam has officially come to a close! We had an insane turnout with this event, it was absolutely beyond expectations and I think a big part of that is not only thanks to the awesome theme and idea from @Roo, but the fact that the silly, absurdist fangame is still very much valued here at MFGG. It puts a smile on my face knowing there are other people who have a fondness for this kind of thing =)

We'll see you all soon for sure, who knows? We might have another game jam like this in the future Soveryhappy
I'd personally like a new Minigame Competition myself.

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Evil Yoshi Toes - 07-14-2019

(07-14-2019, 05:20 PM)RevampedSpider Wrote:
(07-14-2019, 02:55 PM)Vitiman Wrote: All right, badges have been dished out. With that, the Game Jam has officially come to a close! We had an insane turnout with this event, it was absolutely beyond expectations and I think a big part of that is not only thanks to the awesome theme and idea from @Roo, but the fact that the silly, absurdist fangame is still very much valued here at MFGG. It puts a smile on my face knowing there are other people who have a fondness for this kind of thing =)

I'd personally like a new Minigame Competition myself. 

We're currently trying to rework the way competitions work here, so the usual competitions (sprite comp, minigame comp, drawing comp, etc.) are being held off for now in favor of more unique competitions and events. We will probably talk about it here soon.

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Q-Nova - 07-17-2019

Huh, a dusty old hammer? I was thinking of Waligie or Ninja's Paper Mario sprites, but this is what I got? Haha, this actually works pretty well! Other Big Brin Kudos to whoever came up with that idea! This event turned out much, much, MUCH more well than I expected! It amazes me that there's more people that appreciate this brand of weird, goofy fangames than I had thought!

It'd be cool to do another one like this someday in the future, it just seems like a missed opportunity to do this only once.

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Yakibomb - 07-22-2019

Haha! This was a treat. I played all the new hot games, and they're really olde skool kool.

Couldn't get through Taco Wario due to TGF's inherent looping sound+freeze bug. And the Requiem for Egg Mario's race level, too inherently buggy from TGF's platform engine, and restarting to the prior stage was too frustrating.

I did manage to make a game, for what ever it's worth. It's waiting to be approved.

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Vitiman - 07-22-2019

I'll probably compile a version of Taco Wario in Clickteam Fusion 2.5 - it won't be as authentic because they changed up the default platform engine significantly by that point (arguably for the better but for purists like me it's a real debbie downer), but if it helps people actually manage to play through the dang thing, I say why not? For the hardcore purists such as myself, you can always set up a VM or PCemu or something if you're so inclined, hah

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Roo - 07-23-2019

I finally decided to get off my lazy bum and actually play the fruits of my (you know, in an indirect way) labor. Here are my brief, vacuous thoughts on them all.

Goomba Goes to the Polls
I got stuck in a wall. Now that is social commentary. I managed to get three endings (Trump, Conan, Bernie), I dunno if there are more. I'm pretty sure you can't complete the game without collecting any coins, at least.

Mario Helps The World
That MIDI volume warning is great. Reminds me of all those times on Binyot's streams when he opens up a game and it's so loud that you can barely hear his screams over it. Mario's jumping/falling animation makes some platforming absolutely hellish and the controls for the amazing flying pot are absolute ass, both of which make the game a much more authentic experience. Grandma's voice acting is superb, too.

Mario K4rt
I don't know if it was on purpose or not, but I actually sort of think the gameplay in this was genuinely pretty neat. The Britney theming definitely added to the experience too.

Mario's Garden Job
The random Clickteam assets and MIDIs truly made this game. Any project that has the dancing troll in it gets an automatic A+ from me. Never thought I'd be able to fix my own stove in a video game (and the other MFGGer cameos were neat too). The social commentary is definitely on point (especially the part where you can hammer away an entire house of cats).

Mario Becomes A Bird
This game definitely wins the coveted "Clickteamiest Game Made In a Non-Clickteam Product" award, Skinny Conservative Wario needs to be in Smash, and I demand a game about Hill Mario.

Mario Spells iCup
Okay, this one's pretty weird. I got to the end of level 3, but whenever I tried picking up the orb, an error message saying the game can't spawn "obj_bowser" appeared and I couldn't proceed. I'm not sure if that was a joke or if the game is genuinely broken somehow, but yeah, couldn't get past that part.

Metallic Madness
That ending sure is something. I like the Dynamite Headdy reference, though I can't quite tell if the secret bonus points actually do anything. I'm pretty sure I got all of them (assuming there's 8), but I couldn't spot any differences.

Mario Minigame Mayhem 2
This game truly is a art. That jumpscare was the scariest sh*t I've ever seen.

Oiram Pizza Quest
This is definitely the early-2000'iest game I've played of these so far.

Quillax's Experiment
Nevermind, this is.

Requiem For Egg Mario
This sure is a game. That tall level was a bit annoying, especially because you go back there if you die in the Goo Race, but I did like the jape, so all is forgiven. Is Egg Mario related to the Luigi that floats over the ocean on an egg, by any chance?

Super Mario High Effort
This is one of those games where I'm definitely not getting the good ending. Pretty neat game, though. Like others said, the MLSS sprites are an excellent choice.

Taco Wario: Neo Grande Battles
Nevermind what I said before, this is definitely the early 2000's-iest game here. If you had told me this was actually made in 2002, I would've probably believed you (I'm very gullible, you see (so much so, in fact, that if you look up a dictionary, there's a picture of me next to the word "gullible")). Truly a work of art.

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Kirby's Adventure - 07-23-2019

(07-23-2019, 01:06 PM)Roo Wrote: Mario Spells iCup
Okay, this one's pretty weird. I got to the end of level 3, but whenever I tried picking up the orb, an error message saying the game can't spawn "obj_bowser" appeared and I couldn't proceed. I'm not sure if that was a joke or if the game is genuinely broken somehow, but yeah, couldn't get past that part.

Yes, that's part of the joke. I ran out of time and opted for a joke ending.

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Q-Nova - 07-25-2019

Hey, has anyone seen this work of art @TheRandoCreator has made a while ago for this event?

https://twitter.com/TheRandoCreator/status/1152714218065530882?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Eembeddedtimeline%7Ctwterm%5Eprofile%3AOfficialMFGG%7Ctwcon%5Etimelinechrome&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.mfgg.net%2Findex.php

I love how he interprets each of our refs! I especially like what he did with my Moley character -- it reminds me of Dr. Seuss. (You can even tell that he visited my site, because of how he did my logo. Cool)

@Miles I tried out your game quite some time ago, and I want to tell you that I really liked it! The voice acting made this game really stand out, especially Mario's grandma's (which is surprisingly good). Is there anything different about plus mode, though? I tried it again and even pressed the key that activated it, but it seems to be all the same.

@Roo Thanks for the feedback! It's great to know that I at least got close to mimicking that old fangame feel. Smile

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Evil Yoshi Toes - 07-25-2019

Thanks for the little reviews, Roo; these games were all a lot of fun in their own unique ways. I love that dancing dancing troll graphic. He was the protagonist of my very first game I made when I was around 11 where he threw eyeballs and faced prejudice from the townsfolk.

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Miles - 07-25-2019

(07-25-2019, 11:04 AM)Q-Nova Wrote: Hey, has anyone seen this work of art @TheRandoCreator has made a while ago for this event?

https://twitter.com/TheRandoCreator/status/1152714218065530882?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Eembeddedtimeline%7Ctwterm%5Eprofile%3AOfficialMFGG%7Ctwcon%5Etimelinechrome&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.mfgg.net%2Findex.php

@Miles I tried out your game quite some time ago, and I want to tell you that I really liked it! The voice acting made this game really stand out, especially Mario's grandma's (which is surprisingly good). Is there anything different about plus mode, though? I tried it again and even pressed the key that activated it, but it seems to be all the same.

I did see and very much love that there work of art. Great stuff, @TheRandoCreator.

@Q-Nova There's not a whole lot of difference in that mode. There are extra enemies and it takes more hits to defeat the boss, and the message you get at the end calls you out on being silly enough to play it again. The story screen can be skipped instantly in that mode, too. As for grandma, that was actually taken from an old 16-bit Windows game by the name of "Hoyle Classic Board Games"; I used many voice lines of the "Mrs. O'Shea" character. I'm glad to hear you liked it!

I've video-ified my entry, in case anyone wants to see the rest of the game without having to actually suffer through the authentic platform experience.

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Clobbah - 07-25-2019

(07-25-2019, 11:04 AM)Q-Nova Wrote: Hey, has anyone seen this work of art @TheRandoCreator has made a while ago for this event?

I have and I love it. He technically created a ref for be by combining Wario and Morgana, two characters I choose for profile icons often, that was great.

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Randomanian Creatomertist - 07-26-2019

Hello to all who are in this post of Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree 2019: organizers, contributors, gamedevs and of course, gamers of the old and new school of fangames.

I speak to your friend Juan Carlos, but you can call me as JC2PR / El RandoÑaÑo {It depends on how you like to call me}. First of all, I want to apologize for my written English, which I have to use Google Translate to translate my Spanish language into English. So, MEA CULPA! ( = ´- ~ -` = )

I want to say several things:
- I want to thank you for the positive comments about the art I made some time ago and that I tweeted on my twitter account of the same name (that is, of the same name, of course), especially to RevampedSpider, who already left me a comment in my tweet, days ago And really, I really appreciate that, and that fills me with happiness and positivity in me, as an artist and as a person. ( = ^ w ^ = )

- I also want to congratulate the organizers both Roo and Vitiman for creating this Game Jam and the 13 + 1 gamedevs that came in with their incoming games, made with the classic game creation programs such as The Games Factory, Multimedia Fusion, Game Maker, etc ... That, by the way, I downloaded them and played them, and in fact, the games look pretty good, about the one by Taco Wario: Neo Grande Battless by Vitiman and Mario Minigame Mayhem 2 by RevampedSpider. By the way, * SPOILER ALERT * I hit a little jumpscare with the realistic head of Mario ( = O W O = ) (of the second level? I think), just to get rid of laughter, a few seconds later. ( = > w < = ).

And it is to see these games made with old programs, to tell the truth, I think I have a lot of faith and hope, that many new and veteran gamedevs will come back again for another Game Jam like this, for next year, and that Come more and better than this year.

- I was always an old school gamer, I have played all the fangames they have in MFGG, from the fangames of the beginnings of their MFGG to those of today, and what remains to be discovered in the future. In addition, I think I was one of those kids who saw that fangames web page that is already extinct, such as Fangamez.net, which made me sad that it never exists anymore, because it also brought mario fangames, Zelda, Metroid, Megaman, Kirby, among others. Fortunately, before that happened, I had it recorded on CD with all or some of what I had in your web page store. But over time, when I try to copy to a folder, there are some .rar files that were not recoverable but others were.

Well, that's all I had to say for now. I hope to see in the Game Jam next year and in the coming years, more people and more games with old programs. You are making MFGG reborn again from its ashes of what it was, is and will be today.

Do not let negativity blind you and invade you. Keep creating and evolving with the best you like and know how to do, not only with your professions and hobbies, but also as people in real life. After all, it is never too late to create and evolve. Keep up the great work with joy and humor, a lot of dedication in your style and love in your OCs, positivity on the right track and CARPEDIEM ET NOCTEM! Nyah! ( = O w < = )

He speaks to you from Galicia (SPAIN), your friend
The Randomanian Creatomertist (Creator + Gamer + Artist)

Juan Carlos "JC2PR / El RandoÑaÑo"

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Roo - 07-27-2019

Thanks for your kind words. I like your art a lot!

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Randomanian Creatomertist - 07-27-2019

(07-27-2019, 11:57 AM)Roo Wrote: Thanks for your kind words. I like your art a lot!

You're welcome and thanks-nyah, Roo! I'm glad you like it an that's makes me happy and positive in me-nyah! ( = ^ w ^ = )

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - VinnyVideo - 07-28-2019

@TheRandoCreator Thanks for drawing all the participants - that was super-sweet!

RE: Ye Olde MFGGe Game Jamboree (Jul 6-8) - Randomanian Creatomertist - 07-30-2019

(07-28-2019, 10:31 PM)VinnyVideo Wrote: @TheRandoCreator Thanks for drawing all the participants - that was super-sweet!

You're welcome-nyah, @VinnyVideo ! ( = ^ w ^ = )

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.