MFGG Forums
Most users ever online? - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Resolved Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: Most users ever online? (/showthread.php?tid=1837)

Most users ever online? - Q-Nova - 07-09-2019

Is it possible for MyBB to track the most users ever online, like in the IPB and phpBB forums? I think it'd be pretty cool to see, especially with all of these oldbies returning! Smile

RE: Most users ever online? - VinnyVideo - 07-09-2019

I'm pretty sure MyBB has this feature - it just isn't visible in the MFGG themes.

This feature can be fun, but I don't think it's very useful. It's not very accurate, since it usually counts guests (including malfunctioning searchbots).

RE: Most users ever online? - GeneralGuy - 07-10-2019

I think we should bring back the Most Users Online tab. It would give us incentive to help the community grow. Also, I reminisce about June 26, 2007 at 9:07 AM when there were 540 users online at once on the MFGG forums.

RE: Most users ever online? - Q-Nova - 07-18-2019

Yeah, I don't think there's really any harm in having the Most Users Online thing back. I mean, there's like 82 users online at the time I'm posting this! It's nowhere near that 540 that once happened in the IPB forums, but that's bigger than what I've usually seen!

RE: Most users ever online? - GeneralGuy - 07-29-2019

We just hit 100 Users Online. Can we add the Most users ever online stat now?

[Image: MFGG-Traffic-05.png]

RE: Most users ever online? - Mors - 07-29-2019

I looked into it today, it doesn't seem to be possible without modifying MyBB's core files extensively, which isn't a very good idea.

It's possible to write an extension for that bu uh, I don't really ave the time to spend hours learning MyBB's extension system.

RE: Most users ever online? - OssieTheOstrich - 07-30-2019

(07-29-2019, 11:17 AM)Mors Wrote: It's possible to write an extension for that bu uh, I don't really ave the time to spend hours learning MyBB's extension system.

then why don't you ask somebody else mors

they are other tech admins beside you  Builder Mario

RE: Most users ever online? - Mors - 07-30-2019

(07-30-2019, 10:20 AM)Ostrich101 Wrote:
(07-29-2019, 11:17 AM)Mors Wrote: It's possible to write an extension for that bu uh, I don't really ave the time to spend hours learning MyBB's extension system.

then why don't you ask somebody else mors

they are other tech admins beside you  Builder Mario
The only other person I can ask is HylianDev I guess but like, this is something super minor anyways. Not worth spending hours over.

RE: Most users ever online? - Mario - 07-31-2019

Minus World has this and the birthday features. I'm not sure exactly how we have them, I'm going to get in contact with the other developers and look into it. It may be the result of the premium theme we've based our theme off of (it has some extra back-end goodies), it may be some free plugins we installed, or if we're really lucky it's built into MyBB and you just gotta add the right hooks into the theme.

RE: Most users ever online? - strabiri - 07-31-2019

Forums are a dying form of chat, anyway. By 2021 we probably will have about 3 people online at once, and that'll be our most users online section.

RE: Most users ever online? - Mario - 08-01-2019

Fantastic news friends, the Minus World team has done their research and it turns out that this feature is built into the core MyBB, you just need to add it to the template.

Code:
{$lang->stats_mostonline}

RE: Most users ever online? - Mors - 08-01-2019

(08-01-2019, 05:53 AM)Mario Wrote: Fantastic news friends, the Minus World team has done their research and it turns out that this feature is built into the core MyBB, you just need to add it to the template.
Code:
{$lang->stats_mostonline}

I've tried that a few days ago and it didn't work here properly. A Quick google search told me that I needed to copy some stuff from the stats page or something but yeaaaah I'd rather avoid editing the PHP.

EDIT: Okay so when I initially tried I put it inside the "Who's Online" box but since it didn't work I removed it. I wanted to showcase how it doesn't work so i just put it right outside it and now it works? I have no idea how that makes any difference but okay, I'm not complaining LOL

I know that it doesn't look pretty but uhhh it's better than nothing I suppose?

EDIT 2: Here's how it didn't work initially for those who are curious

[Image: unknown.png]

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.