MFGG Forums
The most elaborate glitch in Paper Mario - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: The most elaborate glitch in Paper Mario (/showthread.php?tid=1839)

The most elaborate glitch in Paper Mario - Parakarry - 07-10-2019

I haven't had much to post about for some months, but I wanted to show you this wonderful video.

There's a guy on youtube named Stryder7x, and he's always looking for new glitches in Paper Mario. He has a bunch of videos showing off oddities and ways to break the game, some of which would be almost impossible without using tools since they require exact frame input.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTG-Yvdsgww
This video of his is 45 minutes long, and is a glitch that takes so long to get set (more than half a day!), and uses so many of the other glitches from the game. And the best thing about it, for me personally, is that it heavily involves my favorite Paper Mario dude, and his mail sidequest. 

He explains it all in the video, but I'll try to give you a basic synopsis:

1. If you use glitches to hit the maximum of 32 key items, the next key item you get will be forced into the REGULAR items category. Meaning you can eat keys and other objects if you wanted, preventing you from beating the game! You can even clone key items this way, and that's one of the main things this glitch does.
The one limitation is that it has to be done with key items you find on the field. An NPC can't give it to you.

2. There's a letter you find, one of the ones required to get Parakarry to join your party, that turns into a chain mail sidequest. 14 letters letter, and you get the Lucky Day badge.

3. What Stryder7x does is clone the first chain letter loads of times, to force getting constant Lucky Day badges, which bring the badge amount to the maximum of 128. (And since that letter is on the field, it's the only one that you can clone, you can't duplicate any of the other letters in the chain!)
But remember, that letter is one of the ones you need to get Parakarry to join you in the first place, so you have to get 32 key items before you even get him!

You have to do a lot of sequence breaking to do that.

Now that you get 32 key items, you have to get Parakarry, but at this point you've gotten far enough into the game that he is supposed to be in your party, so he isn't wandering around Dry Dry Desert waiting to join. But you can do somethin to go backwards in the story...

4. There's a trick where Mario can make the jump he does on Kooper to kick him go extremely high by doing a certain glitch. 
If get an item onto the save block in the center of the room at the beginning of the game where you fight Jr Troopa for the first time, and do the high jump, Mario will fall through the floor and land on the Jr. Troopa sprite object stored out of bounds, starting the fight with him. But what this does as well is  set your story progress back to the prologue!

5. So now that the game thinks you're at the start, you just have to get Parakarry and deliver more than 1000 letters until you have 128 Lucky Day badges. And once you do, any badges you collect will be forced into regular items space! Now you can clone badges!

...So now, you can make Mario a super powerful force against the enemies he fights... right? ...Actually no. it doesn't give you any sort of advantage.
Cloned badges don't stack their effects and don't count as extra badges, And you can't even use them as badges because they're in regular item space instead of badge space. But you CAN sell them, which you normally can't do, and they all have a set price established, which you couldn't find in the game otherwise.
...But that's it.
With these glitches, a lot of the payoff is the fact that it can be done, even if it turns out to be pointless to do.

RE: The most elaborate glitch in Paper Mario - Great Destination Tracks 3 - 07-10-2019

I encountered a Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door glitch

You have to ride yoshi
Flutter while facing a ledge and walk into it
You'll fall out of bounds

RE: The most elaborate glitch in Paper Mario - Rob - 07-10-2019

Having a thread on Paper Mario crashes, crashes Paper Mario.

RE: The most elaborate glitch in Paper Mario - GeneralGuy - 07-10-2019

I watched this video in it's entirety when it was uploaded to YouTube on May 30th (my birthday!). Stryder7x is one of my favorite YouTubers, and it's not because he's an Anti-Guy. I absolutely love all of his Paper Mario glitch content. Really spectacular stuff. This is the recently discovered Badge Duplication glitch. Since the duplicated badges all share the same ID# though, they do not stack with each other in battle.
 At least this glitch gives you easy access to infinite coins and bragging rights for the records board in Mario's House. It's a shame though that the Danger Mario set can't use put all those duplicated Power Rush badges to use in battle and do 99 Damage to everything like Danger Mario in TTYD can. I absolute love lengthy elaborate glitches that require the culmination of various other glitches and sequence breaking to pull off. Especially ones with cool benefits and let you interact with the game differently. It really adds a ton of replay value.

By the way PK, your code's wrong.
Code:
[youtube]cTG-Yvdsgww[/youtube]

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.