MFGG Forums
Old MFGG-esque Forums That Are Alive in 2019 - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Old MFGG-esque Forums That Are Alive in 2019 (/showthread.php?tid=1844)

Old MFGG-esque Forums That Are Alive in 2019 - King Piranha Plant - 07-10-2019

Posted this on the Minus World originally, and since everyone's coming back I thought I'd start the thread here too for the heck of it.

So the past two weeks, being bummed out about Reddit and Discord replacing forums all over the web, I've been obsessed with finding internet forums that somehow live and breathe in the year 2019 (which btw, long live MFGG, it's seriously amazing we're still here). I haven't found anything resembling the raw fun of old MFGG much at all, and I'm clueless where to even look, but I've started a cute lil' list of some places that are surprisingly alive. Please add to this list and let me know if there are any other forums you hang out on other than MFGG! 

P.S. You guys all likely know more about these places than I do, as I rarely branched away from MFGG, but I'm interested so help enlighten me?

[Image: Taigiry.png]

An obvious one might be the LPer Raocow's community talkhaus, known for being creative with Mario-related f***ery and collaborating.

[Image: MK8_Wario_Icon.png]

Wario Forums which I'm amazed exists, is surprisingly alive.

[Image: avatar_2208fe308703_128.pnj]

I always really wanna spend time on Earthbound-themed Starmen.net Forums but it kinda seems so quiet you'd possibly have more fun on the earthbound subreddit these days

[Image: Bells.png]

I'd never heard about, but recently discovered the Animal Crossing-themed Bell Tree Forums, a really adorable place that's so active it's almost scary

Don't really need to mention Super Mario Boards (Mario Wiki's active forums), SMBX Forums. or SMW Central the rom-hacking community, as they have pretty obvious specific focuses and don't really seem to stray into the laid back weirdness as much as others, but it's really nice to still see them all kickin.

RE: Old MFGG-esque Forums That Are Alive in 2019 - Lee - 07-10-2019

Huh had no idea that talkhaus was around, neat!

RE: Old MFGG-esque Forums That Are Alive in 2019 - VinnyVideo - 07-10-2019

I totally understand! I find independent forums - especially nonprofit sites - to be vastly more appealing than the more generic, commercialized Discord/Reddit fare.

VGR is another related community. It has a lot of active users, although its forum is much less active nowadays, especially in the "hangout" boards.

Not too many of the forums launched by MFGGers are still active (or even in existence), although mine still gets a post every blue moon.

And yeah, I'm surprised to see just how active Bell Tree is. You don't see a lot of independent online communities with that kind of activity these days.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.