MFGG Forums
Finishing a Game - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Developer Discussion (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Finishing a Game (/showthread.php?tid=1845)

Finishing a Game - VinnyVideo - 07-10-2019

An interesting post (brief swear warning)

RE: Finishing a Game - VinnyVideo - 07-20-2019

On a related note, this is a good synopsis of why people procrastinate (not that any of us would ever do that).

RE: Finishing a Game - Thunderbro - 07-20-2019

Anyone who has not procrastinated on a project is probably super human.

RE: Finishing a Game - Vitiman - 07-20-2019

I really really want to finally finish a substantial project. All these minigames and joke games and stuff are easy to halfway finish, but I want a challenge! The reality of it is unfortunate, though: it's just a lot of work. A lot of work for multiple people, let alone one person. It would take a while to see something through to completion, even if it weren't super ultra huge.

But I still persevere... and maybe one day, I can show you all what dumb thing I've made that will finally be done. Something long anticipated, even? Who knows, maybe not. But then again, maybe. Best advice: stop teasing s*** you don't have any immediate intentions of releasing in some form. Unless you're good about keeping up with projects all the time, you'll likely disappoint.

RE: Finishing a Game - Yakibomb - 07-20-2019

(07-20-2019, 04:55 PM)Vitiman Wrote: Best advice: stop teasing s*** you don't have any immediate intentions of releasing in some form. Unless you're good about keeping up with projects all the time, you'll likely disappoint.
This is me by a lot. I have a such a bad habit of causing some kind of hype in my head only to extinguish it somehow.

I don't know what would make me finish my projects more. Perseverance? Speaking for myself, "Doing what I want" is such a bad form of creativity since I never improve (or intend) on finishing anything. Finishing is a SKILL, no doubt!

Generally for me, I guess it starts with my thought-process. I don't know where the starting line is or where the finish line is of a single thought. This is incredibly important for me to understand, because, really otherwise I'm a mess! Haha. And my projects don't turn up.

RE: Finishing a Game - Cruise Elroy - 07-20-2019

I've noticed that one you start taking longer breaks than you're used to it becomes a heck of a lot harder to build back up that momentum. I was making a pretty decent pace on a smaller indie game but ever since my laptop broke I haven't really felt like getting back into it.

Also, definitely don't take sudden bursts of motivation for granted. I recently felt interested in working on one of my fan games after nearly a year and it was really nice to get back into the swing of things again.

RE: Finishing a Game - The Dark Warrior - 08-16-2019

when all of what amounts to is a diminished return, is it worth it to continue making a game?

What do you do when you have skills in one area but need people for areas you don't have skill or the time to cultivate it and you don't want to lower ambition.  Thinking

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.