MFGG Forums
Books you've read lately - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Books you've read lately (/showthread.php?tid=186)

Pages: 1 2

Books you've read lately - VinnyVideo - 12-02-2017

Have you read any interesting - or non-interesting - books lately? Books are still a thing, after all!

A few weeks ago I picked up a copy of Wide-Eyed and Legless at a library book sale. This book is considered one of the most well-known books about professional cycling (though I must admit it doesn't have a massive amount of competition). It was written by a journalist who traveled with a British cycling team at the 1987 Tour de France and followed their adventures and misadventures. This team was not at the front of the peloton, so to speak - they were extremely disorganized and poorly-run (their owner apparently "forgot" to pay them, a scenario that I found highly relatable!). This book doesn't reveal earth-shaking truths about Western civilization or anything, but it was a fun little read.

RE: Books you've read lately - Evil Yoshi Toes - 12-02-2017

I might recommend that book to my dad, he is a big fan of cycling.
I read Dracula recently and I really enjoyed it. I also re-read Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass because I hadn't read them since I was younger. They're very weird but I like them a lot

RE: Books you've read lately - Action Lemon - 12-03-2017

I am currently rereading Animal Farm and Night for school.  Both are really great books that I would personsly reconnmend. The first one is an allegory for Communism in  the ussr and the second one is an autobiographical depiction of a teenager surviving the Holocaust.

RE: Books you've read lately - Zero Kirby - 12-03-2017

I picked up a novelization of Batman: Arkham Knight solely because "who the hell writes a novelization of a video game story"

It's pretty bad! I think my favourite part so far is "Go away, the Joker."

RE: Books you've read lately - littlelum - 12-04-2017

To kill a mockingbird is the best book I’ve read so far

RE: Books you've read lately - Friendly Dictator - 12-04-2017

i havent had a lot of time to read lately Sad

back in the summer i read a bunch of jonathan lethem's books. he's pretty good, id recommend motherless brooklyn the most

RE: Books you've read lately - Saltman - 12-04-2017

A few months ago I finished reading Frankenstein. Good book, but pretty damn long! The plot is not as complicated and ununderstandable as people make it out to be, though.

RE: Books you've read lately - HylianDev - 12-04-2017

The last time I actually read any of a book was the first two chapters of Bill Nye's Undeniable.

I bought a signed copy though!

RE: Books you've read lately - Andy Journey - 12-05-2017

Manga for the most part. Seven Deadly Sins, Ancient Magus' Bride, Attack on Titan and Tokyo Ghoul just to name a few franchises I read.

RE: Books you've read lately - Cap'n Coconuts - 12-06-2017

Recently, I've read Exodus, Hebrews, Cold-Case Christianity by J. Warner Wallace, a philosophy textbook, and Apology (of Socrates).

I also took a peep in the Quran while researching its treatment of a certain subject.

RE: Books you've read lately - bigpotato - 12-06-2017

Currently in the middle of The Screwtape Letters. A little heavy-handed at times, but definitely enjoying it.

RE: Books you've read lately - Turly Gang - 12-06-2017

I just finished reading The Silmarillion a couple of weeks ago so that I could say I know all things Middle Earth.

I now know all things Middle Earth. Except for the 80% of what happened in The Silmarillion that I've already lost track of.

RE: Books you've read lately - Mariotroid - 12-06-2017

Been reading A Playcentric Approach to Designing Video Games. It's awesome. Finally reading a book about the subject I love most.

Aaso re read a couple spirituality books last months The Power of Now and a New Earth. Both good books to help free the mind and all that nonsense.

RE: Books you've read lately - HylianDev - 12-06-2017

While we're on a roll for religious texts I wanted to start a Bible reading plan this year, but I didn't end up sticking with it lol

I've read a lot of the Bible before but it's been a good while

RE: Books you've read lately - Catonator - 12-06-2017

Currently in the process of reading Game Coding Complete, fourth edition. I read the original novel version of the Shining a while ago, as well as a finnish detective thriller named Rautakolmio (The Iron Triangle).

RE: Books you've read lately - Mariotroid - 12-06-2017

(12-06-2017, 04:52 PM)Catonator Wrote: Currently in the process of reading Game Coding Complete, fourth edition. I read the original novel version of the Shining a while ago, as well as a finnish detective thriller named Rautakolmio (The Iron Triangle).

Nice, the Shining. My girlfriend let me read her copy of it. I didn' read much of it, maybe when I have the time. It' a sweet read thus far.

RE: Books you've read lately - Willsaber - 12-08-2017

[Image: byqkmRa.png]
This is what I'm currently reading. Can't link the rest because nsfw.

RE: Books you've read lately - Dock - 12-13-2017

Over the summer I read the Red Rising trilogy. It was a pretty good read, I would strongly recommend it. The author is starting a new trilogy l and they first book will be released in January.

RE: Books you've read lately - Xander - 12-13-2017

Malleus by Dan Abnett.

RE: Books you've read lately - Mariotroid - 12-14-2017

(12-08-2017, 10:10 PM)Willsaber Wrote: [Image: byqkmRa.png]
This is what I'm currently reading. Can't link the rest because nsfw.

What is this?

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.