MFGG Forums
Dudim in the Family - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Arts Board (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Dudim in the Family (/showthread.php?tid=1866)

Dudim in the Family - Vitiman - 07-16-2019

In light of all the oldbies coming back and fun wacky memories of silly comics and other dumb art, I thought it would be a good time to make a new thread for the underground indie comic that some friends of mine and I have been making for the last 3 years about ourselves and our stupid characters. Presenting, with as much fluctuating art to kill a horse, Dudim in the Family!

What I've linked to there is a Dropbox folder containing all the comics/images/every other dumb thing related to it that we've done so far, all archived courtesy of fellow staffer Langton! Now, to warm you all up to the idea of reading these stupid MS Paint scribbles we wiser folk call "art", I'll share some of my favourites over the years with you, chronologically ordered so you can see the progression (and devolution) of the art!

[Image: p.jpeg?fv_content=true&size_mode=5]
This one's from early on, done by Kirby's Adventure, one of our main artists and contributors to all things dumb and funny. I still have vivid dreams about that last panel... it moves me, it touches me...

[Image: p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5]
This one's from the end of 2016/early 2017, also done by KA. As you can see, the artwork was improving dramatically. Still deliberately rough around the edges, but that's the appeal, isn't it?

[Image: p.jpeg?size=1600x1200&size_mode=3]
This is yet another one done by KA, from early 2017 and was done because him, Miles and I were playing a lot of Bomberman and I was apparently always winning! I promise the next one will be an artist other than him, I guess I just enjoy his comics a lot looking back. He really captures the wacky silliness that I think these characters need to be.

[Image: p.jpeg?fv_content=true&size_mode=5]
This is from the middle of one of our best story arcs, done by none other than MFGG legend Cruise Elroy. Without context, it probably makes less than zero sense, but I wanted to showcase how far some of this dumb stuff really went.

I'd share one of my own comics from over the years, but I personally don't think any of them are very good. THAT SAID, it's all there for you to view at the Dropbox link shared at the top, so please feel free to browse our dumb! It's all very wonderfully stupid, and we've been doing them almost non-stop for a few years now, so we have a back-catalogue that stretches back pretty damn far. We still make them too, when it tickles our fancies. It's a "when the mood suits us"-type deal.

RE: Dudim in the Family - Friendly Dictator - 07-16-2019

it's cool because i'm in it

RE: Dudim in the Family - GeneralGuy - 07-16-2019

it's uncool because i'm not in it

RE: Dudim in the Family - Kirby's Adventure - 07-16-2019

(07-16-2019, 04:09 PM)Friendly Dictator Wrote: it's cool because i'm in it

No. That's my line.

RE: Dudim in the Family - Hyper - 07-16-2019

It's neutral whether I'm in it or not.

RE: Dudim in the Family - VinnyVideo - 07-16-2019

Yay, a DitF topic! A perennial source of zaniness and fun. It's impressive how long it's run - and how good Langton has been about archiving it!

RE: Dudim in the Family - Roo - 07-17-2019

I'm not sure if they're cool or not, because I can't see them.

RE: Dudim in the Family - Q-Nova - 07-17-2019

Hey, I remember this series! I looked at the animated ones and early ones from part 1, and they're rather crazy and fun! Smile I remember seeing one strip that had nearly everyone exploding over the reveal of Sonic Mania. It's amazing that this is still going!

Though, as @Roo pointed out, I think the image links in the OP are being too shy, @Vitiman. Wink

RE: Dudim in the Family - HylianDev - 07-17-2019

I'm in them occasionally and it's always fun

probably one of the coolest things to ever come out of mfgg actually, if I may be so bold

I did a spinoff called Hitf in the Family and it lasted like, 9 comics, which were an affront to the freedoms of this great nation, and to comedy in general

RE: Dudim in the Family - Vitiman - 07-17-2019

Sorry if the image links aren't working, as they seem to function fine for me. Though if you want to take a peak at this glorious series, you can always click on the Dropbox link and give it a proper look!

RE: Dudim in the Family - DustinVG - 07-20-2019

It's cool because I'm in it, but also not cool because I'm a tower of face.

Schrödinger's Coolness.

RE: Dudim in the Family - Enchlore - 07-20-2019

This is true art deserving of an Eisner award.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.