MFGG Forums
Who dares to summon me? - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Palace for Posting with No Point (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Who dares to summon me? (/showthread.php?tid=1883)

Who dares to summon me? - FibS - 07-18-2019

Every coming storm heralds my approach. The clouds that blacken the sky are my scorn. The lightning that splits the earth is my anger!

Hullo it's me, the guy who at one time had the longest warn log without being permanently suspended of anybody, with warns so darn old the accounts that gave them didn't exist anymore. It was like three pages over several years. Despite this I also had the Happy Heart Badge at one time and won "Most Influential Debater" in one year or another.

I was checking my email for something completely unrelated and saw that Kritter had edited my wiki page within the last hour or so. Also, somebody had sent me an invitation to The New MFGG that, as you can verify on my profile, I already had an account on.

A quick rundown of aliases:
  • Draco Icebane is the name I registered with in 2002. I was no older than 12.
  • People started calling me Malfoy once Harry Potter became a thing, and especially the "Draco in Leather Pants" thing.
  • DracoHandsome is the mild variation I changed to in I dunno the mid-2000s
  • Baroque and Vaati are aliases I used to bypass bans. I was caught as Vaati but not as Baroque (I think member bans were pardoned or something and I was like "oh hey guess who I was the whole time suckers".)
  • Fibriel Solaer is the it's-not-a-fursona-gosh I made in the late 2000s or 2010s. (If my avatar is currently a fairy-genie creature, that is not Fibriel, that is Rhubarb.)
  • FibS (pronounced "fibs") is the easier-to-pronounce abbreviation of Fibriel Solaer.
I've been meaning to clean up my Internet profiles and start putting out (SFW) Elae Meltaea games and stories, and hopefully MFGG will serve as a good vector for that. While I hope to see some of the old guard come back and look the place over, we cannot build a future on the past alone and it's possible they or I might not find MFGG suitable for our interests 10+ years after the fact.

I've had some good and some bad times here, and right now I don't have any grudge against anybody I recognize, but I don't know if anybody else still has some resentment towards me that might come up time to time.

P.S. I can't believe you guys still have this a**h*** loafing around: Soveryhappy

RE: Who dares to summon me? - GeneralGuy - 07-18-2019

Draco Icebane  Soveryhappy

I MISSED YOU

RE: Who dares to summon me? - CuteYoshiGirl - 07-18-2019

Hey Draco

RE: Who dares to summon me? - VinnyVideo - 07-18-2019

Welcome back! It's been a while!

RE: Who dares to summon me? - SonicKade2048 - 07-18-2019

Man, the only other person I can think of with a large warning log is... myself, admittedly. It's nice to see members returning from the far away past, at least. Welcome aboard!

RE: Who dares to summon me? - Arrietty - 07-18-2019

wow its been a long time

also in speaking of the wiki, i guess my article is in a massive need of a change lol

RE: Who dares to summon me? - Fourside Seven - 07-22-2019

<- Kitsune Yamato

Welcome back, old man. The future is now.

RE: Who dares to summon me? - DJ Yoshiman - 07-24-2019

Hello, sir.

I still think Richard Jacques did a fantastic job with the music in Sonic 3D Blast.

RE: Who dares to summon me? - Retriever II - 07-24-2019

Hey been a while.

I go by Texelsaur most other places these days.

RE: Who dares to summon me? - Razz - 07-24-2019

welcome back draco!!

RE: Who dares to summon me? - King Piranha Plant - 07-24-2019

As you know Draco

I respect those who defy the ban function

also nice to see you again sorry I was the most obnoxious 10-11 year old on earth in 2003

RE: Who dares to summon me? - FibS - 07-24-2019

(07-24-2019, 12:57 AM)DJ Yoshiman Wrote: Hello, sir.

I still think Richard Jacques did a fantastic job with the music in Sonic 3D Blast.

(Context: When Sonic Chronicles came out, Yoshiman was thrilled to hear Richard Jacques was working on the music, and the rest of us not so much. Chronicles's music turned out to not be very good.)

The Megadrive / Genesis version of 3D Blast's music is incredible!

It was Sonic R whose music was largely panned, and to be honest I don't think it's that bad so far as the instrumental part. The vocalist is just a little bit flat and, like many high-profile Sonic songs that would follow, the lyrics are a mess. They're especially lovey-dovey in Sonic R except for Work It Out, which is my favorite track, and SUUPPAAAH SOONIC RAAACIIIINNNNNAAAWWYEAAAAHHHHH which isn't anyone's favorite track.

I for one was quite happy to hear Sonic R remixed into the All-Stars Transformed music (without any vocals)!

RE: Who dares to summon me? - GeneralGuy - 07-24-2019

Sonic R had amazing music though. Nice tune btw

RE: Who dares to summon me? - DJ Yoshiman - 07-24-2019

(07-24-2019, 07:51 PM)FibS Wrote:
(07-24-2019, 12:57 AM)DJ Yoshiman Wrote: Hello, sir.

(Context: When Sonic Chronicles came out, Yoshiman was thrilled to hear Richard Jacques was working on the music, and the rest of us not so much. Chronicles's music turned out to not be very good.)

The Megadrive / Genesis version of 3D Blast's music is incredible!

It was Sonic R whose music was largely panned, and to be honest I don't think it's that bad so far as the instrumental part. The vocalist is just a little bit flat and, like many high-profile Sonic songs that would follow, the lyrics are a mess. They're especially lovey-dovey in Sonic R except for Work It Out, which is my favorite track, and SUUPPAAAH SOONIC RAAACIIIINNNNNAAAWWYEAAAAHHHHH which isn't anyone's favorite track.

I for one was quite happy to hear Sonic R remixed into the All-Stars Transformed music (without any vocals)!  
Yeah, that's still the weird part - you find Sonic R's instrumental music to be fine, but yet you dislike the Sonic 3D Blast Saturn/PC music made by Richard.

Welcome back, you mad man. Cool

EDIT: Holy geez, I also just realized your avatar reminded me of your art. I always did like it.

RE: Who dares to summon me? - Evil Yoshi Toes - 07-24-2019

You were here going by DracoHandsome around when I first joined the forums (I think 2012?). Welcome back!

RE: Who dares to summon me? - Lumireaver - 07-25-2019

(07-18-2019, 10:18 PM)FibS Wrote:
  • Draco Icebane is the name I registered with in 2002. I was no older than 12.

Oh hey, I remember this one. General Guy found me and brought me here.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.