MFGG Forums
what are your favorite game(s) of all time - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: what are your favorite game(s) of all time (/showthread.php?tid=1897)

Pages: 1 2

what are your favorite game(s) of all time - strabiri - 07-22-2019

i have a list of like, 5, in order. here we go.

1. super paper mario. my favorite all time game. the best paper mario game. i love that son of a beached whale to death.
2. metroid fusion. my second favorite game of all time. the best metroid game. the best game. the best. it is great, i love it. SA-X or whatever her name is is AWESOME. and I LOVE THE GAME SO MUCH.
3. luigi's mansion. my third favorite game of all time. a really great spinoff of the mario series that captures what a 'spooky' mario game would be like. although, it's not that spooky. unless you're a child aged like, 6.
4. super mario galaxy 2. my fourth favorite game of all time. don't hate me for this, but I think super mario galaxy was leagues better than the first. it took everything mario galaxy did that was great, and made it like, 20x better.
5. new super mario bros (ds). my fifth favorite game of all time. it's probably like, intense fr*cking nostaliga for this one that makes me love it so much, but that's also the case for super paper mario. anyway, this game is great. it's original, it's 2d, it's fun. i like it.

alright so that was my list, post yours if you have one.

RE: what are your favorite game(s) of all time - Yrr - 07-22-2019

Celeste
Hyper Light Drifter
Half-Life 2
Team Fortress 2
Portal

RE: what are your favorite game(s) of all time - Vert - 07-23-2019

Uplink
Tropical Freeze
Fallout New Vegas
TF2
SMB3

RE: what are your favorite game(s) of all time - VinnyVideo - 07-23-2019

Super Mario Bros. 3, Donkey Kong Country 2, and Yoshi's Island always appear on this list for me. This list always includes a Zelda game, too (often Zelda 64 or A Link to the Past, but my mood is subject to change!).

RE: what are your favorite game(s) of all time - Toni - 07-24-2019

Some of these depend on my mood, others are a bit too recent to tell if they can really be considered "all time" favorites, but at the moment, I'd choose these ones:

SMB3
Yoshi's Island
Paper Mario - The Thousand Year Door
LOZ - Twilight Princess
Splatoon 2

RE: what are your favorite game(s) of all time - GeneralGuy - 07-24-2019

5. Pokémon Diamond & Pearl Versions
4. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
3. Paper Mario
2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

RE: what are your favorite game(s) of all time - GothGirlGangBlasterMaster - 07-27-2019

@ everyone who has only Nintendo games in their top 5, I'm calling you tf out
1. Bayonetta
2. Metal Gear Solid 3
3. Persona 3
4. Persona 4 Arena
5. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations

RE: what are your favorite game(s) of all time - FibS - 07-27-2019

I can't really pick a coherent favorite but here are a few games I like in no particular order (except probably aphabetically.)
  • Breath of Fire 1 and 2
  • Kirby Super Star / Ultra
  • Seiken Densetsu III (still not used to calling it "Trials of Mana")
  • Sonic Mania
  • most Tales of games up to Vesperia
I haven't kept up with new games that much and haven't enjoyed them due to the whole "crippling depression" thing, except Sonic Mania. Fantastic.

RE: what are your favorite game(s) of all time - Vert - 07-27-2019

(07-27-2019, 05:31 PM)GothGirlGangBlasterMaster Wrote: @ everyone who has only Nintendo games in their top 5, I'm calling you tf out
1. Bayonetta
2. Metal Gear Solid 3
3. Persona 3
4. Persona 4 Arena
5. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations

What did you expect from Mario Fan Games Galaxy

RE: what are your favorite game(s) of all time - EDGE - 07-28-2019

No doubt most of Nintendo Games, that's a given.
After that, Games I've spent countless hours on by myself and with friends are:
Timesplitters Series.
Fallout Series.
Elder Scrolls Series.
Ark.
Gears Of War Series.

RE: what are your favorite game(s) of all time - Evil Yoshi Toes - 07-29-2019

1. Paper Mario
2. Elder Scrolls (probably Skyrim if I had to pick only one)
3. Little Big Planet
4. Paper Mario 2 TTYD
5. Zelda Twilight Princess or Wind Waker, can’t pick between the two

RE: what are your favorite game(s) of all time - SilverVortex - 07-30-2019

5. super smash bros. ultimate
4. super danganronpa 2: goodbye despair
3. the legend of zelda: breath of the wild
2. super mario galaxy
1. shin megami tensei: persona 5

RE: what are your favorite game(s) of all time - Jeff - 07-30-2019

- Dark Souls 1
Medieval fantasy is my favorite setting, and the hands-off design makes it feel like a personal journey instead of just a video game.

- Guitar Hero 3
The guitar hero games have an insane skill ceiling and they're more fun as you improve. I'll pick it up again for a few songs and get sucked back in for weeks.

- Sonic 3 & Knuckles
I can't think of a game that combines smooth gameplay, beautiful visuals, and great music as well as this does. I consider this the peak of 2D games.

- Spyro the Dragon 2
I adore the Spyro games and 2 is my favorite. Its levels feel more like livable worlds than in 1, and the minigames are a nice break from platforming without being obtrusive like they were in 3.

- Kid Chameleon
This is a game that's hard to appreciate without spending a childhood trying to beat it. It seems like a Mario clone at first, but it's filled to the brim with warps and secret paths. You could play it 100 times and take a different route each time.

RE: what are your favorite game(s) of all time - Elsian - 07-30-2019

dont have a paticular order buuuut

A Link to the Past - Still my all-time favorite Zelda, but I'll give special mention to BotW for the 3D side of things

Sonic...Mania? Nostalgia Goggles wants me to say Sonic 2 since I've played it more than any other Sonic but I think Mania edges out.

Uncharted 2 - The only game I can say legitimately feels like you're in a big budget Hollywood action movie.

Streets of Rage 2 - The undisputed king of beat'em ups for me, and one of the best chiptune OSTs ever. Here's hoping SoR4 can challenge that title.

Dark Souls - First game in particular was a very special experience. It was the right kind of hard for me.

Super Mario...f***. I'd say just stick most of the mainline games here, except maybe the New! series since something didn't quite click...

RE: what are your favorite game(s) of all time - Namadu - 07-31-2019

Pokémon Y, mainly for Pokémon-Amie. I might owe my life to it. ...Also just about every other Pokémon game. I'm a fanboy. Other Big Brin

The Rune Factory series is also a big favorite of mine.

Though I don't play them any more, I should also mention Terraria and Team Fortress 2 for each taking over 800 hours of my life.

RE: what are your favorite game(s) of all time - Great Destination Tracks 3 - 08-01-2019

I have too many favorite games and my Top 10's keep changing, But let's talk about Toontown, for a long time, I said that it is the best game, Now I am kinda bored with it, Don't get me wrong, it is still amazing, But after I defeated the CEO for the 14th time, I was getting bored at it, Though I am looking forward to Toontown Corporate Clash. I would talk about Banjo Kazooie being a fan favorite, but some mean Pokemon thinks that i only talk about BK and have no other opini- Wait, what was I sayibg again? oh right, I have too many games to list. But I can talk about a game that I used to enjoy a lot.

RE: what are your favorite game(s) of all time - Saltman - 08-06-2019

Doom 2 is the greatest game in existence. Convince me otherwise.

RE: what are your favorite game(s) of all time - Angustia - 08-06-2019

Skyrim
Warcraft 2
Halo 2
Final Fantasy III on DS
Conker on the N64(I forget the full name, it was long.)

and.....probably one of the Dragon Quests or MOTHER. This list will probably be completely different by next year though lol.

RE: what are your favorite game(s) of all time - GeneralGuy - 08-06-2019

(08-06-2019, 10:00 PM)Angustia Wrote: Skyrim
Warcraft 2
Halo 2
Final Fantasy III on DS
Conker on the N64(I forget the full name, it was long.)

and.....probably one of the Dragon Quests or MOTHER. This list will probably be completely different by next year though lol.
Conker's Bad Fur Day. Also great taste.

RE: what are your favorite game(s) of all time - SonicKade2048 - 08-07-2019

probably a really biased list since i don't play games outside of specific franchises, but here we go. top 3 only.

Super Mario Advance 1, 2, and 4: SMB2USA, SMW, and SMB3 - The SMA series has always been a fan-favorite of mine, and aside from not playing SMA3: Yoshi's Island, I think that this reboot-esque series has done its job. While the "rumor" of SMA5's rendition being SMB1 (All-Stars) has been left in the dust, I still think it'd be nice to see such a game come back. Besides that, the gameplay mechanics are really well done, the ports being near-identical if not BETTER than the original NES/SNES games. Some characters felt "floaty" like Luigi, but even if it's part of their actual mechanics, I enjoyed every minute of it. Plus, if I ever got bored, I could attempt to get a high score in the Mario Bros. game(s) that came with every GBA installment. Heck, even Superstar Saga has it!

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - While this game was chosen over Partners in Time to get a remake, I still have to give the developers credit. They made a game about Bowser devouring his companions actually good. Treating Bowser's body as some kind of maze of intense, microscopic action, despite all the "specific" jokes about it all, I loved it like absolute hell. BIS has great graphics, in-your-face gameplay, and best of all, the ability to treat Bowser as a hero. With all of the games where Mario defeated Bowser, this is one of the instances where you had to work WITH him to save the Mushroom Kingdom instead of AGAINST him to take it back from his rule. That's something I adore so much about it, anybody can be a hero, no matter how bad.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky - I'll admit, I never was able to get past Darkrai's boss fight at all during this game, no matter which combination of hero and partner I chose. With two new Pokémon over and over, playing the game about 5-ish times before I lost the card, I still enjoyed everything I could out of EoS. The missions I was given, the dungeons being randomized every time I went in (which, admittedly, cost me a LOT of resets until I could get something good), and the music -- the sweet music -- brought together an amazing game, along with tons of story, packed into one small card. I wish I could explain everything I love about it, but I may go over the character limit for the post. All I can say is, PMD:EoS has been my top-favorite Pokémon game overall.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.