MFGG Forums
what are your favorite game(s) of all time - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: what are your favorite game(s) of all time (/showthread.php?tid=1897)

Pages: 1 2

RE: what are your favorite game(s) of all time - Daisy - 08-10-2019

Plants vs. Zombies.

RE: what are your favorite game(s) of all time - GeneralGuy - 08-10-2019

(08-10-2019, 09:16 PM)Lisa Wrote: Plants vs. Zombies.
What version?

RE: what are your favorite game(s) of all time - Daisy - 08-10-2019

(08-10-2019, 09:23 PM)GeneralGuy Wrote:
What version?

The original one.

RE: what are your favorite game(s) of all time - GeneralGuy - 08-10-2019

(08-10-2019, 09:24 PM)Lisa Wrote:
(08-10-2019, 09:23 PM)GeneralGuy Wrote:
What version?

The original one.
Patrician taste.

RE: what are your favorite game(s) of all time - Fourside Seven - 08-13-2019

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fgamesdbase.com%2FMedia%2...on.jpg&f=1]

The arcade version still holds up pretty decently in a lot of respects while the TurboGrafx version aged less gracefully, but it holds a very special place in my heart for being the sole inspiration for my creativity at a young age.

RE: what are your favorite game(s) of all time - MDragmire - 08-13-2019

Super Mario RPG

RE: what are your favorite game(s) of all time - Alexandra - 08-15-2019

Guess I'm doing a top 5, too? Because my brain is weird and enjoys making lists and ranking things??

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga - absolutely flawless game outside of how the trigger for completing the bridge construction work in Hoohoo Village is weird and elusive and always has me stuck in that area for a while. Loving the writing, the colorful and playful art direction, and how the battle system and overworld traversal are really interactive and keep you engaged the entire time.
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective - the best adventure game I've ever played, and more people should play it PLAY GHOST TRICK, YOU ALL. Really into how unique the gameplay is - it really stands out among all LucasArts and Myst clones and VNs.
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - I still think about these characters pretty much every day. Love this series so so much. It feels like home.
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - this is a pretty obvious pick, but yeah! I'm a big fan of Castlevania, and this is it at its peak. I haven't actually played any Castlevania games that came out after it so really I'm comparing it to like, Super Castlevania 4 and Rondo of Blood.
Persona 2: Innocent Sin - I care so much about this game's cast and story, and am in love with the 2D sprites+low-poly 3D environments aesthetic.

Notable ones that didn't make the cut were Yakuza 0, The Curse of Monkey Island, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, Shin Megami Tensei II, Yoshi's Island, and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

RE: what are your favorite game(s) of all time - GothGirlGangBlasterMaster - 08-15-2019

(08-15-2019, 05:37 AM)Alexandra Wrote: Guess I'm doing a top 5, too? Because my brain is weird and enjoys making lists and ranking things??

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga - absolutely flawless game outside of how the trigger for completing the bridge construction work in Hoohoo Village is weird and elusive and always has me stuck in that area for a while. Loving the writing, the colorful and playful art direction, and how the battle system and overworld traversal are really interactive and keep you engaged the entire time.
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective - the best adventure game I've ever played, and more people should play it PLAY GHOST TRICK, YOU ALL. Really into how unique the gameplay is - it really stands out among all LucasArts and Myst clones and VNs.
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - I still think about these characters pretty much every day. Love this series so so much. It feels like home.
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - this is a pretty obvious pick, but yeah! I'm a big fan of Castlevania, and this is it at its peak. I haven't actually played any Castlevania games that came out after it so really I'm comparing it to like, Super Castlevania 4 and Rondo of Blood.
Persona 2: Innocent Sin - I care so much about this game's cast and story, and am in love with the 2D sprites+low-poly 3D environments aesthetic.

Notable ones that didn't make the cut were Yakuza 0, The Curse of Monkey Island, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, Shin Megami Tensei II, Yoshi's Island, and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

solid picks. i love ace attorney
but why is your post more redacted than the mueller report

RE: what are your favorite game(s) of all time - Alexandra - 08-16-2019

(08-15-2019, 12:07 PM)GothGirlGangBlasterMaster Wrote:
(08-15-2019, 05:37 AM)Alexandra Wrote: Guess I'm doing a top 5, too? Because my brain is weird and enjoys making lists and ranking things??

solid picks. i love ace attorney
but why is your post more redacted than the mueller report

The internet has broken me and I'm no longer capable of typing like a normal human being uwu

RE: what are your favorite game(s) of all time - chris6532 - 08-20-2019

My favorite game all the time is GTA V and This is one of the best.

RE: what are your favorite game(s) of all time - Evan.F - 11-15-2019

My favourites are VVVVVV, the Wonder Boy games on the switch (I've also played the arcade original), Sonic CD/2 and Super Mario Land 2.

1.VVVVVV is my favourite indie game of all time, The art direction makes it fit in perfectly with it's inspiration (Jet Set Willy), every piece of music in the game is great, the level design is great (except for 2 of the trinkets) and theres a plot that is is interesting, yet doesn't affect gameplay, stored mostly in monitors. The player levels are also great fun.

2.Wonder Boy is a game series I've come to love after playing the WBIII remake released a few years ago. Monster boy is great up until the haunted mansion puzzle.

3.Sonic CD (taxman port) and Sonic 2 (3DS port): Sonic Mania may be better in every way, but I still love these games. I pick the 3DS version over the mobile version as it has the original debug mode. Sonic & Knuckles is my least favourite of the classic sonics, by the way.

4.SML2 is one of my favourite Mario games, along with NSMBDS. love all the weird concepts R&D1 were allowed do with Mario, like the Yokai world or the giant clockwork Mario full of toys, ending with the three little pigheads. NSMBDS and SML1 are the same for me.

I also like SM64DS (fight me).

RE: what are your favorite game(s) of all time - Tech - 11-18-2019

My clear favourite is Team Fortress 2.  I'd have SMW, SMW2, Breath of the Wild and Half Life 2 in the rest of my top 5, in no particular order, though.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.