MFGG Forums
What's your favourite Obscure Mario enemies. - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: What's your favourite Obscure Mario enemies. (/showthread.php?tid=1943)

Pages: 1 2

What's your favourite Obscure Mario enemies. - Evan.F - 07-30-2019

For my Mari0 project (Super Mario 16) I am adding a bunch of the more obscure Mario enemies (eg: Pinopi (with my sprites) and Stingby (using some SMBX sprites from someone I forget the name of, just recoloured). So I thought it would be fun to ask all of you what your favourite obscure/one-off Mario enemies. If I like them enough, I might add it!

also Ignore the spriter's resource sheet. I was testing attachments to get a gif of Mario  messing around with Stingby and Pinopi, but it wouldn't load up, so I tested it with the TSR sheet, only for it to publish the topic every time I try to remove it.  Thumbs Down

RE: What's your favourite Obscure Mario enemies. - VinnyVideo - 07-30-2019

Trouter needs more love.

RE: What's your favourite Obscure Mario enemies. - Yoshin - 07-30-2019

Antottos are my favourite

RE: What's your favourite Obscure Mario enemies. - GeneralGuy - 07-30-2019

Albino Dino

RE: What's your favourite Obscure Mario enemies. - Evan.F - 07-31-2019

(07-30-2019, 10:15 PM)Yoshin Wrote: Antottos are my favourite

Awww they're the SmL2 ant enemies! I love them too.

(07-30-2019, 10:13 PM)VinnyVideo Wrote: Trouter needs more love.

I know. They look unique  than most Mario fish enemies. I actually have them in the map thing I was talking about, as seen in the picture, as there aren't many good Honhen sprites and these fit well.

(07-30-2019, 10:28 PM)GeneralGuy Wrote: Albino Dino

I like the look of them. I feel these would work for world-6 as a snow themed version for dino rhino

(I feel I should explain that a mappack is a series of levels made with MARI0 (there is a level editor in Mari0 and many versions (the Alesan's entities mod for the original more well known version is my favourite) , there are things like the ability to add custom enemies, scripted events (labelled as animations), audio (music and sounds), character's and tiles (universally doable, some versions have animated tiles) with an update to Alesan's entities coming soon that adds custom power ups). I decided I use the level editor Mari0 has to make a full game I'm putting the ones I feel fit the most in this thread in. other then that, this is all fun and games)

Here is the list of custom enemies in the game, I will be adding Albino dino as a snowy version of Dino Rhino. Feel free to tell me your favourites

RE: What's your favourite Obscure Mario enemies. - OssieTheOstrich - 07-31-2019

I like most of the enemies from Mario Land 1 and 2: Six Golden Coins.

(07-31-2019, 06:14 AM)Ostrich101 Wrote: I like most of the enemies from Mario Land 1 and 2: Six Golden Coins.
I like them too. I've remade some of the SML1 in 16-bit . and I have some recoloured SML2 ones.(the SML1 stuff is on the main page, while I have no plans to release the SML2 ones as a sheet)

RE: What's your favourite Obscure Mario enemies. - Mario - 07-31-2019

Great thread, Mario enemies are a lot of fun, even the ones that don't make too many appearances.

(07-31-2019, 07:47 AM)Mario Wrote: Great thread, Mario enemies are a lot of fun, even the ones that don't make too many appearances.

Thank You Mario! that's nice of you to say.

It's nice to see so many comments on my topic. Thank you!

RE: What's your favourite Obscure Mario enemies. - Evil Yoshi Toes - 07-31-2019

Pionpi in Super Mario Land! 
[Image: Pionpiartwork.PNG]

Also, Gunion from the same game.
[Image: latest?cb=20180331220337]

RE: What's your favourite Obscure Mario enemies. - Razz - 07-31-2019

I liked a lot of the one-off enemies in 3D World

[Image: latest?cb=20160110045324][Image: latest?cb=20131212010218][Image: latest?cb=20181208102106][Image: latest?cb=20150505012732][Image: latest?cb=20140518050026]

RE: What's your favourite Obscure Mario enemies. - Hyper - 07-31-2019

[Image: 225px-Draglet_Artwork_-_Super_Mario_3D_Land.png]
Perhaps this guy called Draglet.

RE: What's your favourite Obscure Mario enemies. - Yakibomb - 07-31-2019

Eeries are just ghost Yoshi and I love them.

RE: What's your favourite Obscure Mario enemies. - Evan.F - 08-01-2019

(07-31-2019, 05:08 PM)Evil Yoshi Toes Wrote: Pionpi in Super Mario Land! 

[Image: Pionpiartwork.PNG]
Also, Gunion from the same game.
[Image: latest?cb=20180331220337]

Gunions are quite versatile. They Stand in place underwater, but in the cutscene at the end of the level, he behaves like a fly or kumo. There's loads of potential with this enemy that only made ONE SINGLE APPEARANCE.

(07-31-2019, 07:26 PM)Razz Wrote: I liked a lot of the one-off enemies in 3D World

[Image: latest?cb=20160110045324][Image: latest?cb=20131212010218][Image: latest?cb=20181208102106][Image: latest?cb=20150505012732][Image: latest?cb=20140518050026]

They are all really interesting.

(07-31-2019, 07:55 PM)Hypernova Wrote: [Image: 225px-Draglet_Artwork_-_Super_Mario_3D_Land.png]
Perhaps this guy called Draglet.

SM3DL gave us many uniquie looking enemies. Draglet is one of my favourites, along with Fake Block, Prongo, Blockaskablok, Wallop, biddybud and Sandmhaargh. Even the tail enemies feel interesting. SM3DL also is my favourite version of Pom Pom

(07-31-2019, 11:26 PM)Yakibomb Wrote: Eeries are just ghost Yoshi and I love them.

I love them too!

RE: What's your favourite Obscure Mario enemies. - Neweegee - 08-01-2019

Lots of good picks in here already lol

I've really like the Shark from SML2. I mean it's a shark with punching gloves, how can you NOT like that!?
[Image: Jaw_SML2.png]

Bomb Boo never got enough love
[Image: SMG_Bomb_Boo_Model.png]

Oddly enough, despite being the literal Goomba enemy of Mario Sunshine, Stu and it's forms never showed up again, not even in spin-offs apparently. It looks kinda like Olimar which is probably my favorite part
[Image: Strollin%27_Stu.png]

Not sure if this counts, but the Bucketmen from Donkey Kong 94 and Mario VS Donkey Kong has always been one of my favorites
[Image: Trash_can.png]

(08-01-2019, 10:58 AM)Neweegee Wrote: Lots of good picks in here already lol

I've really like the Shark from SML2. I mean it's a shark with punching gloves, how can you NOT like that!?
[Image: Jaw_SML2.png]

Bomb Boo never got enough love
[Image: SMG_Bomb_Boo_Model.png]

Oddly enough, despite being the literal Goomba enemy of Mario Sunshine, Stu and it's forms never showed up again, not even in spin-offs apparently. It looks kinda like Olimar which is probably my favorite part
[Image: Strollin%27_Stu.png]

Not sure if this counts, but the Bucketmen from Donkey Kong 94 and Mario VS Donkey Kong has always been one of my favorites
[Image: Trash_can.png]

1. What about the Mogyo. They're bull fish that live in trees. Sharks with boxing gloves are cool too.

2. Ahh the bomb boo. It's not every day someone makes an whole galaxy is centered around enemies who's behavior is based on that thing in cartoons where someone's tounge get's stuck on a frozen pole, but with Mario.

3. Strolling Stu is an interesting version of the goombas, and there is also the other Stu's that offer variety.

4.Oh boy does DK94 count. What starts as a port of Donkey Kong quickly turns into a unique adventure based around handstands. All the enemies look great

RE: What's your favourite Obscure Mario enemies. - Namadu - 08-01-2019

I'd agree with the Biddybuds. I dunno if they're necessarily obscure at this point, given how many games they've been in, but they still deserve more love. Don't forget Waddlewings too~

Oh yes, and Paper Mario brought us some cuties! How about Bzzap! from the first game, Spinia from the second, and Boomboxer from the third?

(08-01-2019, 01:19 PM)Namadu Wrote: I'd agree with the Biddybuds. I dunno if they're necessarily obscure at this point, given how many games they've been in, but they still deserve more love. Don't forget Waddlewings too~

Oh yes, and Paper Mario brought us some cuties! How about Bzzap! from the first game, Spinia from the second, and Boomboxer from the third?

Obscure may not be the word, what I'm talking about is the stranger Mario enemies that aren't commonplace

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.