MFGG Forums
Hypnospace Outlaw - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Hypnospace Outlaw (/showthread.php?tid=1953)

Hypnospace Outlaw - Flametale - 08-01-2019

Seeing as we're all a bit nostalgic right now. I'd like to share a game that I think people here can really get behind. It's Hypnospace Outlaw.

Here's the steam page.

You take on the role of what basically equates to an internet moderator, tasked with ensuring that the people using Hypnospace are following the rules! It works in a way that is quite similar to Papers, Please where you spend most of your time doing detective work- Looking for clues and hints to tip you off that something is amiss. To do that, you must navigate through people's webpages and suss out the answers to the many mysteries Hypnospace has to offer. There is a story to follow along with, but you are free to explore to your hearts content whilst you work on cases.

I truly believe this game is a gem. It harkens back to simpler, late 90's times, where anybody and everybody was making websites with no explicit purpose or cause, they just did because they could. It was an age of rather awkward yet strangely endearing expression, and Hypnospace Outlaw manages to capture that magic with its visuals and attention to detail. I could truly believe that these people were real- that their struggles were real, that Granny Cream's Hot Butter Ice Cream is real. Hypnospace Outlaw offers various puzzles and riddles for the player to solve in order to progress, and while I believe this is the game's strongest point, at times it can be its weakest, with no clear indication as to how to progress, this usually just requires the player to think a bit more consciously about what they read and what clues are relevant or not - the game throws so much at you at times, it can be hard to keep up with everything, however, once the answer becomes clear, things start moving quite quickly again. The characters are memorable, hateable, lovable, endearing, weird and wonderful. Each citizen is unique in that they have their own story, their own problems and as the story progresses- Their pages get updated. So you can see just how their life changes as time passes.

Oh! one more thing, you can download a little webpage tool and music mixer for the game so you can create your own Hypnospace Pages and create terrible Midis of your own! There are future plans to integrate this with the Steam Workshop, so in the future, maybe we could share our own pages here?  Cool

Has anyone else played it? What did you think?

RE: Hypnospace Outlaw - Vert - 08-01-2019

I keep forgetting to buy it, it looked supercool.

RE: Hypnospace Outlaw - Evil Yoshi Toes - 08-01-2019

I've known about this for a while but I've yet to try it out. I love the visuals so much though, they remind me so much of when I'd mindlessly browse the web on my mom's computer. It looks like a really fun experience.

RE: Hypnospace Outlaw - Flametale - 08-02-2019

(08-01-2019, 11:14 PM)Evil Yoshi Toes Wrote: I've known about this for a while but I've yet to try it out. I love the visuals so much though, they remind me so much of when I'd mindlessly browse the web on my mom's computer. It looks like a really fun experience.

Oh for sure, I can't recommend it enough! I got suckered into spending hours just exploring, and filling my desktop in-game with as much useless junk as humanly possible, just like the real late 90's internet!

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.