MFGG Forums
tie forum warns to no. of completed fan games - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: tie forum warns to no. of completed fan games (/showthread.php?tid=1981)

tie forum warns to no. of completed fan games - GothGirlGangBlasterMaster - 08-04-2019

mfgg has always been a fan gaming community, but some members join simply to make stupid posts and participate in ppp fads. it would be unfair to ban them simply for that, but they should be encouraged to contribute to fan gaming.
under my proposed system, users would be able to sustain warnings equal to the number of fan games they have on mfgg. a user with three fan games could commit three offenses without a warn. this would allow the forum to continue pretty much as it has for the past decade, but more heavily promote fan gaming.

RE: tie forum warns to no. of completed fan games - Elyk - 08-04-2019

what about incomplete fan games

RE: tie forum warns to no. of completed fan games - Syaxamaphone - 08-04-2019

If you have a game on Steam is that worth at least 2 offenses?

RE: tie forum warns to no. of completed fan games - GothGirlGangBlasterMaster - 08-04-2019

(08-04-2019, 09:37 PM)Syaxamaphone Wrote: If you have a game on Steam is that worth at least 2 offenses?

not a fan game, you'd be banned

RE: tie forum warns to no. of completed fan games - Pedigree - 08-04-2019

This must be a 100% serious suggestion and I don't like it.

Asking me to make complete fangames? Hope you like catch the falling item games, kid.

RE: tie forum warns to no. of completed fan games - GeneralGuy - 08-04-2019

Okay

*proceeds to make Mario fan fangames like this*

RE: tie forum warns to no. of completed fan games - Jeff - 08-04-2019

You fool, do this and Hello will be unstoppable.

RE: tie forum warns to no. of completed fan games - Syaxamaphone - 08-05-2019

(08-04-2019, 09:49 PM)GothGirlGangBlasterMaster Wrote:
(08-04-2019, 09:37 PM)Syaxamaphone Wrote: If you have a game on Steam is that worth at least 2 offenses?

not a fan game, you'd be banned

I'm going to use my first warn-free action to kick ur ass

RE: tie forum warns to no. of completed fan games - DustinVG - 08-05-2019

This is another abstract joke about the split, isn’t it?

RE: tie forum warns to no. of completed fan games - OssieTheOstrich - 08-05-2019

(08-05-2019, 01:15 AM)DustinVG Wrote: This is another abstract joke about the split, isn’t it?
Its most likely that it is.

What's the big deal about "The Split" anyway? Why are we still going on about this?

RE: tie forum warns to no. of completed fan games - GeneralGuy - 08-05-2019

(08-05-2019, 03:05 AM)Ostrich101 Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 01:15 AM)DustinVG Wrote: This is another abstract joke about the split, isn’t it?
Its most likely that it is.

What's the big deal about "The Split" anyway? Why are we still going on about this?
Not that it's relevant to this topic, but The Split was the single worst decision that MFGG has ever made hands down, followed by abandoning the IPB boards.

RE: tie forum warns to no. of completed fan games - Pedigree - 08-05-2019

Why is Dustin of all people bringing up the Split?

Why continue to open that can of worms?

RE: tie forum warns to no. of completed fan games - Arrietty - 08-05-2019

Not to be mean but is this just a satire request? If not, I think this is a really bizarre and exploitable idea. Members should be all held accountable the same regardless of what they've created. Otherwise, it's completely unfair.

RE: tie forum warns to no. of completed fan games - Elyk - 08-05-2019

(08-05-2019, 10:17 AM)Arrietty Wrote: Not to be mean but is this just a satire request? If not, I think this is a really bizarre and exploitable idea. Members should be all held accountable the same regardless of what they've created. Otherwise, it's completely unfair.

How is it unfair? Everyone can make fan games.

RE: tie forum warns to no. of completed fan games - Arrietty - 08-05-2019

(08-05-2019, 12:25 PM)Elyk Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 10:17 AM)Arrietty Wrote: Not to be mean but is this just a satire request? If not, I think this is a really bizarre and exploitable idea. Members should be all held accountable the same regardless of what they've created. Otherwise, it's completely unfair.

How is it unfair? Everyone can make fan games.

Is this serious? Because making fangames are a thing people have to be committed to. Not to mention, not everyone is interested in making them. I'm very sure there's plenty who are just interested in playing them.

Bad behavior should not be "rewarded" just the person in question made content. It is utterly irrelevant to one's actions on a forum post.

RE: tie forum warns to no. of completed fan games - HylianDev - 08-05-2019

this is a funny thread that I like, but probably should've been in ppp

(08-05-2019, 10:09 AM)Pedigree Wrote: Why is Dustin of all people bringing up the Split?

Some users like to make jokes about it and I was asking if this was one of them

RE: tie forum warns to no. of completed fan games - GothGirlGangBlasterMaster - 08-05-2019

(08-05-2019, 01:59 PM)DustinVG Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 10:09 AM)Pedigree Wrote: Why is Dustin of all people bringing up the Split?

we change the warn system every couple years when we get bored of not banning people enough
i thought we'd all benefit from making it as transparent as possible

(08-05-2019, 02:02 PM)GothGirlGangBlasterMaster Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 01:59 PM)DustinVG Wrote:

we change the warn system every couple years when we get bored of not banning people enough
i thought we'd all benefit from making it as transparent as possible

Ah, got it, I see exactly what this topic is about now

RE: tie forum warns to no. of completed fan games - Mario - 08-05-2019

I love absurd suggestions like these- really gets the brain thinking, imagining how that'd work. Helps visualize other alternatives. Love to get the brainstorming going. Thank you for this Blaster Master. I got a big kick out of many of the replies as well, especially @Jeff's

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.