MFGG Forums
People, it's time that we stop holding grudges against each other. - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: People, it's time that we stop holding grudges against each other. (/showthread.php?tid=1982)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

People, it's time that we stop holding grudges against each other. - OssieTheOstrich - 08-05-2019

Look, what happened in the past stays in the past, it's time to move on and stop all of this old drama that's being brought up recently in the "Users you miss" thread.

Holding grudges isn't a very healthy thing to do, and you should eventually give up your grudges on other people. Once you do this, you'll feel a whole lot better. To quote Jeft Keller, the author of Attitude is Everything, "As you reduce physical clutter and forgive those you resent, you'll gain a host of benefits. You'll feel more comfortable I your physical surroundings. Your health will impove. You'll feel less stress. You'll see new opportunities. And your whole life will open up in ways you never imagined."

RE: People, it's time that we stop holding grudges against each other. - Mario - 08-05-2019

I agree completely, feels like MFGG is full of old grudges that's just building walls between us all.

RE: People, it's time that we stop holding grudges against each other. - The Dark Warrior - 08-05-2019

easier said than done. some peoples' presense just provoke a traumatic response to others based on prior history.

RE: People, it's time that we stop holding grudges against each other. - Vert - 08-05-2019

Yeah, we(?) appreciate the attempt but there's a lot of nasty history you weren't part of, Ostrich, as crappy as it is to say that. Bullying, harassment, doxing, the works... It's been decades and I figure we all did a lot of stupid stuff that we don't stand behind today, and I personally don't like holding grudges but for some people it's harder to forgive than others. Can't do anything about that I guess.

RE: People, it's time that we stop holding grudges against each other. - GothGirlGangBlasterMaster - 08-05-2019

should've posted this in Suggestions

RE: People, it's time that we stop holding grudges against each other. - Vert - 08-05-2019

(08-05-2019, 01:04 PM)GothGirlGangBlasterMaster Wrote: should've posted this in Suggestions

Let's not shitpost in suggestions, honestly.

RE: People, it's time that we stop holding grudges against each other. - CuteYoshiGirl - 08-05-2019

I agree with GothGirlGangBlasterMaster

RE: People, it's time that we stop holding grudges against each other. - GothGirlGangBlasterMaster - 08-05-2019

(08-05-2019, 01:05 PM)Vert Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 01:04 PM)GothGirlGangBlasterMaster Wrote: should've posted this in Suggestions

his suggestion is as serious as it is impossible to achieve

(08-05-2019, 01:21 PM)GothGirlGangBlasterMaster Wrote:

I'm aware, but how exactly would staff solve it? If it were so easy we wouldn't be having this discussion.

RE: People, it's time that we stop holding grudges against each other. - Fourside Seven - 08-05-2019

I get that this was posted in good faith, but it's much easier said than done. I personally am willing to forgive people who made catty remarks to me or others, and to a very certain extent, I'm willing to forgive those who were involved in the destruction of my now defunct website and forums for literally no reason other than to get a rise out of me, but when I've been called the N word, had my artwork trashed openly on the forums, and certain people who were supposed to be my friends joined my abusers in laughing at my expense, I'm not willing to accept or extend olive branches so easily.

And this is just the tip of the iceberg. I've literally been doxxed, blasted on 4chan, and certain members even found and called my personal cell number to throw racial and homophobic slurs, and even threaten that I "will not sleep tonight." And many of the previous forum members who did this were invited back as part of the "members you miss" thread as though they were sweet, little angels who were the light and life of this forum.

If my feelings on the matter turn me into the forum miser worthy of hatred and ridicule once again, then so be it, but I'm not about to willy-nilly forgive the people responsible for the kind of s*** I've been subject to on this forum.

(08-05-2019, 01:22 PM)Vert Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 01:21 PM)GothGirlGangBlasterMaster Wrote:

I'm aware, but how exactly would staff solve it? If it were so easy we wouldn't be having this discussion.

""We choose to go to the [Suggestions board] not because it's easy, but because it's hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win."
- John F. Kennedy"
- gothgirlgangblastermaster

RE: People, it's time that we stop holding grudges against each other. - Elyk - 08-05-2019

I'm sure some people have changed and are genuinely sorry for what they have done (5+ years of maturity can do that) but it's hard. They need to show that they recognize what they did wrong and be the one that reaches out and extends the olive branch first.

RE: People, it's time that we stop holding grudges against each other. - Medaforcer - 08-05-2019

This day marks my new grudge against Ostrich101

RE: People, it's time that we stop holding grudges against each other. - Yoshin - 08-05-2019

People are assholes, long story short. There isn't a whole lot we can do about that.
People also change, but the events of the past may have had lasting scars.

For me personally the scares have not been given enough time to heal, but I am able to act friendly around the people who have scarred me in public places. There are some who cannot.

RE: People, it's time that we stop holding grudges against each other. - CuteYoshiGirl - 08-05-2019

(08-05-2019, 05:27 PM)Medaforcer Wrote: This day marks my new grudge against Ostrich101

I’ll join you

RE: People, it's time that we stop holding grudges against each other. - DustinVG - 08-05-2019

I understand that you made this topic with good intentions, but unfortunately, I don’t think you’ll end up getting the kind of replies you were hoping for.

RE: People, it's time that we stop holding grudges against each other. - FibS - 08-05-2019

You wanna know what's funny in a sad way?

This kind of thread was made back during the days those grudges were first made, too.

RE: People, it's time that we stop holding grudges against each other. - DJ Yoshiman - 08-05-2019

It's all up to the person, every one is different and had different things happen to them for various periods of time. Every community has their problems, and as I've observed growing up, you can't eliminate it all together and just have a perfect time. There are exceptions to this in some examples out there on the internet, but it's so hard to achieve that once you have reached past a certain number of people.

You can have people like myself and others, who just view those bad times through the years some growing pains, some dumb actions other people did, and even horrendous actions we did - but ultimately, in the past and didn't affect us mentally to interfere with our real lives. We think "man, those were horrible times and/or I was a horrible person, but my priorities have changed/I have changed, and that's probably the case for them. They're probably super chill to talk to now."

You'll also have people like Fourside Seven, who had so much done to him, and either tries to push past it or ultimately get affected by it even when turning off the computer. It seems unfair to tell them they aren't allowed to feel negativity when associating once again with those that wronged them in the past. We ultimately aren't them, and to expect them to drop their feelings and join us in our feelings just doesn't work, man.

So yeah, I think we all understand your good will in this, but it's all good and no worries.

RE: People, it's time that we stop holding grudges against each other. - Arrietty - 08-05-2019

I know you have good intentions, but I really don't think you have any place in telling people how they should feel towards people that have harassed/abused them in the past. Especially when you don't know the extent of their story.

It is also kind of insulting to tell people to get over it and drop the "grudge" especially when we've dealt with a lot of trash that made us leave the community in the first place.

Again, I appreciate that you are trying to help. And I know this isn't your intention but I don't think invalidating people's feelings is the way to go about it.

RE: People, it's time that we stop holding grudges against each other. - Mario - 08-05-2019

I apologize for my post, I realize that there are a lot of justified grudges. For example, I won't listen to a damn thing Vert says becuase they've stalked, harassed and suicide baited people in this community within the past year or so. So I can totally understand that there's plenty of vile people out there and things you just don't hear about out in the open.

However, some people have beefs I can't really respect, like they got criticized by someone once. Being criticized is good for you, friends. If you surround yourself only with yes men, you're not going to grow. The people willing to stand up to you and risk your friendship are the ones you want to keep around.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.