MFGG Forums
COMPLETED Shifting Dreamscape - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Development Showcase (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: COMPLETED Shifting Dreamscape (/showthread.php?tid=200)

Shifting Dreamscape - Cruise Elroy - 12-04-2017

Shifting Dreamscape is a game made by me and @Mors over the weekend for the latest Ludum Dare. We submitted to the jam and it's finally done! Please do give it a try and rate if possible!

https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/40/shifting-dreamscape

Special thanks to Cosmic Gem for his music.

RE: Shifting Dreamscape - The Dark Warrior - 12-05-2017

The game is great as I rather like the challenge, the differences in ending, and gimmick seen and I want to see it be a full game if you have plans for that.

My issues with the game are three things:
1. Hitboxes are rather unnecessarily big for the blob player being that it makes going through 1-tile wide spaces a bit harder than necessary.
2. The input lag between changing states from sleep to wake is rather noticeable and could be reduced by 1.5 seconds.
3. The introduction on the red and blue dream switch blocks is a bit not very graceful but then again, considering that the level design itself is a proof of concept, I can forgive that as well as the timed-based nature of the Ludum Dares.
4. Blob could use like, half a block more of the jump height than what it currently is and could be slightly faster in running movement.

The only other concern I have that isn't the game per se but I wonder how your game will be fairly judged based on the theme being extremely open to interpretation?

RE: Shifting Dreamscape - VinnyVideo - 12-05-2017

I can't download it. The link takes me to Mors's Web site, which seems to be a "suspended domain".

RE: Shifting Dreamscape - Mors - 12-06-2017

(12-05-2017, 03:15 AM)SF: The Dark Warrior Wrote: The game is great as I rather like the challenge, the differences in ending, and gimmick seen and I want to see it be a full game if you have plans for that.

My issues with the game are three things:
1. Hitboxes are rather unnecessarily big for the blob player being that it makes going through 1-tile wide spaces a bit harder than necessary.
2. The input lag between changing states from sleep to wake is rather noticeable and could be reduced by 1.5 seconds.
3. The introduction on the red and blue dream switch blocks is a bit not very graceful but then again, considering that the level design itself is a proof of concept, I can forgive that as well as the timed-based nature of the Ludum Dares.
4. Blob could use like, half a block more of the jump height than what it currently is and could be slightly faster in running movement.

The only other concern I have that isn't the game per se but I wonder how your game will be fairly judged based on the theme being extremely open to interpretation?
1. Yeah I noticed it but it's a bit too late now. Oh well.
2. What do you mean? It lasts half a second if you just press the key once, and if you hold it it's instant.
3. blame cruise lol
4. The jump height is already 2.5 blocks, and it's that low on purpose. I mean the whole game is designed around that. You can use the walls to gain extra height too.
And thanks! We may release a remastered version if the game does well on the ratings, and even submit it to Steam (even tho I'm a bit too poor for that rn), who knows?

(12-05-2017, 07:23 PM)VinnyVideo Wrote: I can't download it. The link takes me to Mors's Web site, which seems to be a "suspended domain".
Can you send me a screenshot or something? You're the first one to report such thing.

I also just released an update to the game that fixes a lot of bugs and makes some small changes.
(double posting on purpose because mybb automatically merges them haha i love this!!!!!!!!!)

RE: Shifting Dreamscape - VinnyVideo - 12-06-2017

@Mors Everything seems to be working now. I gave your game a try and got to the end. It was a fun little thing.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.