MFGG Forums
A MFGG bot that posts main site submissions. - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: A MFGG bot that posts main site submissions. (/showthread.php?tid=2030)

A MFGG bot that posts main site submissions. - OssieTheOstrich - 08-15-2019

Since there are three bots that post about MFGG tweets, MFGG main site updates and MFGG forums threads, why not we have a bot that posts about new submissions on the main site?

RE: A MFGG bot that posts main site submissions. - Pedigree - 08-15-2019

The only notifications we have that a new submission has been added is the recently added list on each Update post. You're asking them to code something we don't have when the priority should be getting lumaSMS out.

RE: A MFGG bot that posts main site submissions. - OssieTheOstrich - 08-15-2019

I need to stop making suggestions to this site.

Confused

RE: A MFGG bot that posts main site submissions. - OssieTheOstrich - 08-15-2019

Lock this thread please. I don't like this idea anymore.

RE: A MFGG bot that posts main site submissions. - Mors - 08-15-2019

(08-15-2019, 12:39 PM)Pedigree Wrote: You're asking them to code something we don't have when the priority should be getting lumaSMS out.

Every change we do, every new feature we add do require us to code new stuff that's not already there, and just because lumaSMS is coming soon doesn't mean we should stop supporting the current main site completely.

(08-15-2019, 12:39 PM)Ostrich101 Wrote: I need to stop making suggestions to this site.

Nah dude your suggestion was pretty good, it would be honestly be a great idea if the updates didn't also cover recently submitted submissions.

(08-15-2019, 01:49 PM)Mors Wrote:
(08-15-2019, 12:39 PM)Pedigree Wrote: You're asking them to code something we don't have when the priority should be getting lumaSMS out.

Every change we do, every new feature we add do require us to code new stuff that's not already there, and just because lumaSMS is coming soon doesn't mean we should stop supporting the current main site completely.
I never said you should stop supporting the current main site completely. Disagree

You said it yourself that updates already cover new submissions anyways.

RE: A MFGG bot that posts main site submissions. - HylianDev - 08-15-2019

I'm with ostrich & mors. neat suggestion.

I think the idea is made obsolete by the combined factors of "updates do this" & "lumasms is coming"

but it's not a bad idea

RE: A MFGG bot that posts main site submissions. - Clobbah - 08-15-2019

I really like this idea too. Maybe games, graphics and such would get more attention? I’m all for this.

Don’t let others get to you, especially if it’s just one person. At the end of the day, we all just have opinions. Big Grin

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.