MFGG Forums
What are the best fangames made since The Split? - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Developer Discussion (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: What are the best fangames made since The Split? (/showthread.php?tid=2031)

What are the best fangames made since The Split? - DavidCaruso - 08-15-2019

I know about Toadette Strikes and about Super Mario Flashback, and I know that Midas Machine is entering its like third year of almost-completion. Other than that, what's been the cream of the crop, since 2011? Any finished games (beyond minigames), or really promising works-in-progress? I'm completely out of the loop.

And has there been any progress on the 3D front? I was shocked to see that Hello made a couple 3D fangames, but it seems like they were panned all-around.

RE: What are the best fangames made since The Split? - Hyper - 08-15-2019

Paper Mario 3D Land by DJ Coco
Abducted Toad by Friendly Dictator
Super Mario Dimensions by Langton
Psycho Waluigi by ThunderDragon

I thought about mentioning some of my game made after the split. Then I realized most of them aren't noteworthy and they're mostly surreal.

RE: What are the best fangames made since The Split? - Jeff - 08-15-2019

Power Star Frenzy by Random.NICK. It's a canned project but what's there is great.

RE: What are the best fangames made since The Split? - The Dark Warrior - 08-16-2019

(08-15-2019, 11:38 PM)DavidCaruso Wrote: I know about Toadette Strikes and about Super Mario Flashback, and I know that Midas Machine is entering its like third year of almost-completion. Other than that, what's been the cream of the crop, since 2011? Any finished games (beyond minigames), or really promising works-in-progress? I'm completely out of the loop.

And has there been any progress on the 3D front? I was shocked to see that Hello made a couple 3D fangames, but it seems like they were panned all-around.

Add Luigi and The Quest for Nothing and All-Star Attack to some good fangames out there lol.

RE: What are the best fangames made since The Split? - VinnyVideo - 08-17-2019

Some games that come to mind:
  • Late Night Mario 3
  • Legend of the Five Pendants
  • Luigi and the Quest for Nothing
  • Mario Land: Minigame Mayhem (Kritter's game)
  • Mariovania
  • Mushroom Pancakes
  • Paper Mario 3D Land
  • Psycho Waluigi
  • The Purple Coin
  • Super Mario Dimensions
  • Toad Strikes Back 2

RE: What are the best fangames made since The Split? - Evil Yoshi Toes - 08-17-2019

Psycho Waluigi
Paper Bowser World series
Luigi and the Quest for Nothing
Super Mario Dimensions
Abducted Toad
Pearls of Wisdom
Sacred Bells
Legend of the Five Pendants

Those are the games that came to mind immediately. I can add to it if I remember more.

RE: What are the best fangames made since The Split? - strabiri - 08-17-2019

paper mario great star offensive

RE: What are the best fangames made since The Split? - HylianDev - 08-17-2019

spoopy maryo

RE: What are the best fangames made since The Split? - OssieTheOstrich - 08-18-2019

So games from after the Split are better than games from before the Split?

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.