MFGG Forums
COMPLETED Dodge the Bills - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Development Showcase (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: COMPLETED Dodge the Bills (/showthread.php?tid=2044)

Dodge the Bills - Andy Journey - 08-19-2019

Download

A little minigame I desided make on a whim a couple of years ago, most of the work was done recently.

Jump on Bullet Bills without crashing into them to score point. Get hurt three times and it's Game Over.

Press F1 for help.

RE: Dodge the Bills - VinnyVideo - 08-19-2019

A fun little minigame. A few thoughts:

The mechanics are a bit on the slippery side. They'd be better if your momentum stopped more when you released the left/right arrow keys.

I'd suggest displaying the high score, or at least giving players the option of seeing it.

An online high scores feature would be a nice addition - if you're interested, I could help you make it happen.

RE: Dodge the Bills - HylianDev - 08-20-2019

say, you should post some images of the game so we know what to expect going in

(08-19-2019, 07:56 PM)VinnyVideo Wrote: An online high scores feature would be a nice addition - if you're interested, I could help you make it happen.

yeah mfgg has a highscore API

RE: Dodge the Bills - Evil Yoshi Toes - 08-21-2019

I downloaded your game and it's very fun! Mario is a little hard to control but that didn't prevent me from enjoying it. It'd be really cool if you found a way to do the online high scores.

RE: Dodge the Bills - VinnyVideo - 08-21-2019

If you're using GM Studio, using the MFGG high scores system requires a single line of code. If you're using GM 8, it's not much harder.

RE: Dodge the Bills - Andy Journey - 08-22-2019

I'm trying to get the extension to work, but I keep getting an error: "Failed to locate extension data file: Http Dll 2.3dat". The download didn't come with a single file with a ".dat" suffix I even checked the older versions.

I'm using GM8

RE: Dodge the Bills - VinnyVideo - 08-22-2019

If you're using GM 8, you'll need to include the DLL in the same path as the GMK/EXE file, and you'll need to import it into your list of extensions.

RE: Dodge the Bills - Andy Journey - 08-23-2019

I already did all of that.

RE: Dodge the Bills - HylianDev - 08-23-2019

the image is broken Sad

RE: Dodge the Bills - VinnyVideo - 08-16-2020

@Andy Journey I wouldn't normally bump a year-old topic, but I recently set up this extension on my new computer and ran into the exact same error message. I Googled it, and this topic happened to be the first search result! So in case someone else gets a "Failed to locate extension data file" error in GM 8...

Click on Resources -> Extension Packages. Click on the extension you want, and click the Install button. You'll need to open the .GEX file when prompted. This will automatically generate the appropriate .DAT file.

RE: Dodge the Bills - GarfieldBuilder - 12-27-2021

Here is my idea of a Clue(do) fangame.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.