MFGG Forums
King Browser? - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: King Browser? (/showthread.php?tid=205)

King Browser? - bigpotato - 12-06-2017

[Shoot. Move this to Gaming, please.]

I've only realized recently that I did play a number of Mario fangames as a kid. Just the online ones; I didn't trust downloads. I had fun with Super Mario Defense. I mistook Super Mario 63 for the genuine article. I played some terribly buggy Mario-Bowser 1v1 fighter. I didn't care. It was Mario! For free! 

But there was one little thing that stuck out to my tiny brain. Something I couldn't get over. Bowser was occasionally referred to as 'Browser' with no explanation whatsoever. Strange, I thought, they look exactly the same. Was it a typo? It was everywhere. I knew it couldn't be right. I Googled my eight-year-old hardest, but I could not find the difference between these two individuals. I was, however, very confused as to why it kept returning results about internet navigation tools. 

Returning to the memories now, I realize this must have been some sort of in-joke or house rule among a certain fangame community. It felt very prevalent, but that was probably my imagination. Can anyone here shed light on this little loose end in my head? Heck, did it originate in an ancient MFGG? Or was it just one guy laughing to himself as he confused internet-endowed kids the world over? Any answers will be appreciated to an irrational extent.

RE: King Browser? - Turly Gang - 12-06-2017

I'm guessing it was a common typo or auto-correct error which then caught on as in inside joke within the fanbase. It also could have been a mistake frequently made by non-English speakers, as when I saw the mistake being made, it was often accompanied by other errors in spelling and general grammar.

What I  want to know is what exact set of circumstances lead up to Bowser being referred to as "Kerog" in that one Nintendo drawing book. That's probably a...story that isn't nearly as interesting as I think it is.

RE: King Browser? - Zero Kirby - 12-06-2017

Topic moved.

Also, if you think that's odd, I found an officially licensed dog-tag that had Boswer written on the back. I kid you not.

RE: King Browser? - VinnyVideo - 12-06-2017

In older versions of Microsoft Word, I always found it funny that the spelling checker suggested changing "Bowser" to "Boswell" (among other words).

RE: King Browser? - Evil Yoshi Toes - 12-06-2017

My friend and I used to call him Browser because we thought that was his name. Even after my brother corrected us we still did it to tick my brother off

RE: King Browser? - Saltman - 12-06-2017

Well I always called him Browser as a kid and so did my friends, too.

RE: King Browser? - Action Lemon - 12-07-2017

I only met one person in my entire life that called him browser. It was some kid in my 5th grade class.

RE: King Browser? - Kaguya Houraisan - 12-10-2017

I did play many of Mario online flash games, though don't recall him being referred to as "Browser". Perhaps I was too innocent to notice back then.

But, I have seen people call him "Bowers" many times. Must be a typo tho

I also got confused at how Bowyer from SMRPG had a pretty similar name. I even thought they were talking about Bowser himself in the forest incident, when I was a child.

RE: King Browser? - PAC-BANZAI - 12-10-2017

I called him "Fat turtle" as a little kid, and currently call him "Bawsor" as of age 15

RE: King Browser? - DustinVG - 12-11-2017

(12-06-2017, 02:23 AM)Zero Kirby Wrote: Boswer

I am, like, 99% sure this is what he's called in Waligie. Maybe you found a Waligie fan out in the wild.

I had some friends that called him Browser once. I forget who.

RE: King Browser? - Zero Kirby - 12-12-2017

(12-11-2017, 08:17 PM)Dustinvgmaster Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 02:23 AM)Zero Kirby Wrote: Boswer

I am, like, 99% sure this is what he's called in Waligie. Maybe you found a Waligie fan out in the wild.

No, this was like, an actual, purchasable-at-any-retail-location dogtag licensed by Nintendo.

True story.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.