MFGG Forums
Fall classes - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Fall classes (/showthread.php?tid=2083)

Fall classes - VinnyVideo - 09-05-2019

Hey, just wondering: What classes are you taking this fall? Is anyone learning anything interesting?

It's been a couple of years since I passed my last grad school class, so I'm not taking anything! Maybe someday I'll take a continuing education class, though. It crossed my mind to take an advanced Java class just for kicks, but I didn't do that.

RE: Fall classes - Thunderbro - 09-06-2019

I'm taking a web and mobile class (more web than mobile). The class mostly uses Node JS and HTML5. I'm done with my undergraduate degree once this class is done though, so that's pretty nice.

RE: Fall classes - Flametale - 09-06-2019

Due to some unforeseen circumstances, I was unable to start the course I wanted to this year - it was an access course that would get me a place at university next year. It's heartbreaking. I'm 27 years old and with each passing month I feel like I'm running out of time. I really just want to learn to code dammit, so I've ordered a ton of used books.

Guess I'll just have to do it myself. Either that or try again next year.

RE: Fall classes - Vert - 09-06-2019

(09-06-2019, 03:22 AM)Flametale Wrote: Due to some unforeseen circumstances, I was unable to start the course I wanted to this year - it was an access course that would get me a place at university next year. It's heartbreaking. I'm 27 years old and with each passing month I feel like I'm running out of time. I really just want to learn to code dammit, so I've ordered a ton of used books.

I wouldn't worry about it. Coding isn't a skill that you need a degree for to prove your worth.

RE: Fall classes - Flametale - 09-06-2019

(09-06-2019, 04:35 AM)Vert Wrote:
(09-06-2019, 03:22 AM)Flametale Wrote: Due to some unforeseen circumstances, I was unable to start the course I wanted to this year - it was an access course that would get me a place at university next year. It's heartbreaking. I'm 27 years old and with each passing month I feel like I'm running out of time. I really just want to learn to code dammit, so I've ordered a ton of used books.

I wouldn't worry about it. Coding isn't a skill that you need a degree for to prove your worth.

Oh I entirely agree, but it would at least provide me with a little bit of structure for my learning! It's not the end of the world, I'll continue to mess around with Unity and I still have those books coming in the mail. It'll be swell.

Then I'll get super successful as I release the best game ever and they'll all be sorry.

Good luck to everyone else starting whatever form of education you may be in! I wish nothing but the greatest success for each and every one of you.

RE: Fall classes - Retriever II - 09-08-2019

It's been 8 years since I finished grad classes oh damn.

Might try to go for an AWS cert this fall though since we need to hit a quota for work.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.