MFGG Forums
Anyone here a gym regular? - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Anyone here a gym regular? (/showthread.php?tid=2084)

Pages: 1 2

Anyone here a gym regular? - Myte - 09-06-2019

lo and behold, myte has risen from the dead

But yeah, anyone here works out on a regular basis? When did you start? And what are your usual workouts? 

I started going to the gym January 2019, goes to the gym every TTh, and is currently working on shoulders and chest.

RE: Anyone here a gym regular? - Evil Yoshi Toes - 09-06-2019

I try to go every other day when I’m at school, but sometimes I get too swamped with work to go. Over the summer I just do cardio every morning since my parents have a rowing machine and a treadmill, but at school I do mostly weightlifting with small amounts of running on the treadmill/walking on incline. I don’t really have a well thought out routine but I probably should. I just work out my upper body a lot since my legs are naturally really muscular for some reason.

Going to the gym is really great for stress relief, self confidence and of course health. I’m much happier and healthier now than I was in high school where I’d eat chips and do nothing physical. I also look a lot better too!

RE: Anyone here a gym regular? - GeneralGuy - 09-06-2019

I take steroids

No, but I plan to.

RE: Anyone here a gym regular? - Myte - 09-07-2019

@Evil Yoshi Toes, woah same! For some reason, my legs are also naturally muscular. 

@May, I suggest you start working out! I agree with EYT when they said that working out is great for stress relief. I feel like going to the gym is my defense mechanism whenever I feel sad (I get less sad and get more fit, which is always a win-win)

RE: Anyone here a gym regular? - CuteYoshiGirl - 09-07-2019

I use to do weight lifting a lot years ago..

I need to start up again.. feels great!

RE: Anyone here a gym regular? - Hyper - 09-07-2019

Back my high schooland US Army years, I used to go to the gym everyday. Sadly, due to like issues and several episodes of depression, I started to gain weight.

RE: Anyone here a gym regular? - Retriever II - 09-08-2019

I've been part of a crossfit gym for about 5 years (actually live right next to it now).  I try to go 4-5 days per week, but I've had long stretches of time barely going at all.  Standard programming doesn't have as much weight lifting as I'd like so I've been trying to motivate myself to do some extra time in open hours.

RE: Anyone here a gym regular? - Angustia - 09-10-2019

No; I've had an eight pack since birth. No need.

Good luck to the rest of you though.

RE: Anyone here a gym regular? - Vert - 09-11-2019

Nah, I get lots of exercise at work as it is. Yurai is a regular goer though, went with her one time and it was OK but not my thing.

RE: Anyone here a gym regular? - Razz - 09-11-2019

I'm lucky to work a job where I'm active all day, so staying fit is very easy; I only really exercise once a week just to hit the muscle groups I miss but that's all bodyweight exercises.

gym memberships are expensive, glad I don't have to pay for them anymore.

RE: Anyone here a gym regular? - lean - 09-18-2019

i.. i've never been in a gym.. but i do plan to go to one in mondays and fridays, will begin slowly but then, i'll be a strong lad.. and, gotta be less fatty heh

RE: Anyone here a gym regular? - Mario - 09-18-2019

Anyone else go to the Pewter City Gym?

RE: Anyone here a gym regular? - Clobbah - 10-11-2019

Soon to be.

RE: Anyone here a gym regular? - Daisy - 10-20-2019

Me, absolutely not.

RE: Anyone here a gym regular? - LycanSeijin - 12-10-2019

I've been a member of LA Fitness for about 2 weeks now. Though not anywhere near California. Rather in Florida. I'm surprised by how much weight I've lost already, and how much tighter my various muscles feel. Make no mistake, I do intend to get swole.

RE: Anyone here a gym regular? - Gobbin - 12-13-2019

Newbie gains are amazing. The first few months of working out are so much fun. You basically make progress no matter what you do in the gym.

RE: Anyone here a gym regular? - Benjamin59 - 12-06-2022

It's hard for me to motivate myself - for example, I tried to develop the habit of running in the past, but sleep is much better.

I'm much better when it comes to team sports. I have played basketball, netball, football, and soccer in the past, and I always give my best for the full 90 minutes (or however long the match is). It was long and sometimes arduous. But the training supplements https://shopwellabs.com/products/workout-supplements-package-training-supplements-kit-set and team spirit helped me. I think it's like team responsibility or maybe a competition or something like that. I love that team sports are fun and social. Thinking

RE: Anyone here a gym regular? - Mechant - 12-06-2022

I simultaneously started working out and also stress eating more since COVID hit. So I'm in a weird spot where I'm a little overweight but also a little muscular.

RE: Anyone here a gym regular? - Tech - 12-14-2022

Used to go to the gym up the road from my old workplace many years ago, didn't quite get into it and was demotivated eventually.

With my current work hours, and lacking a real hobby to take up some of my free time during the week, I decided that it was time to take more care of my body, and since I have the space to do so at home (I bought a little home gym set, with some weights), I started to lift weights and do cardio after work during the week.  I train 5 days a week (weekdays) at home, and do some light core/ab workouts after work on Saturdays, with Sundays being my rest day.   Cardio wise I do both at home or after work outside.

Been doing cardio for nearly 3 months, and lifting weights for a month, and I already feel better, body and mind wise.  I should have done this earlier.  This is only the beginning, and can't wait to see how far I can take this whole thing in 2023!

RE: Anyone here a gym regular? - GeneSu730 - 12-14-2022

I think I'm going to be an immodest braggart this time.
Weight: 187 lb
Squat: 255 lb
Deadlift: 325 lb
Bench Press: 235 lb
Power Snatch: 130 lb
Clean and Jerk: 165 lb

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.