MFGG Forums
What are your hopes for the Switch in 2018? - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: What are your hopes for the Switch in 2018? (/showthread.php?tid=210)

Pages: 1 2

What are your hopes for the Switch in 2018? - Kritter - 12-06-2017

The Switch has been out now for quite a while and has exceeded a lot of expectations. It's blasted its way through 2017 with some great games to back it up. A fantastic new Zelda and Mario title in the first year, Splatoon and Arms giving us some great multiplayer action and a great bunch of indies and third party titles to fill in the gaps.

The Switch seems to be Nintendo's best offering for a new console since the days of the Gamecube in my eyes, but it's still early days and there's so much more they can do.

Of course we have the known titles to look forward to, such as Yoshi, Kirby and Metroid. We can almost guarantee a new Smash is on the cards for 2018 and I'm sure there's other games I've forgotten about.

But what games haven't yet been announced that you'd love to see on the Switch?

Personally my picks would include some or all of the following:

- A Mario Tennis, Mario Golf or Mario Strikers game. A GOOD one too, none of this "Ultra Smash" business, I want them to put some actual effort into a Mario Sports title. Mario Tennis and Mario Strikers got a lot of playtime in my house back in the day and I'd love to see a return to form. Bring back the crazy smash moves of Power Tennis.

- Mario Party. Possibly a given, but I'd love to see a Mario Party that goes back to the strategy and "board game" feel of Mario Party 1-7 without the whole "everyone is in a car" or Mini Stars. Give me a board, a single star that costs 20 coins, and a bunch of ways to f*** people over such as the capsules in MP5. Oh and online multiplayer would be nice too.

- F-Zero. Probably reaching on this but I'd love to see a proper F-Zero game. I know there are alternatives such as FAST Racing, but it's not the same and doesn't have the same feel to the gameplay. I'd love to see a fully HD F-Zero game.

Some other quick picks:
- A proper Paper Mario game with no terrible card gimmicks
- A new entry in the "Tales" series
- Something Wario related? Warioware? Wario Land? Both?

What would you like to see for the Switch in the coming year/s? And be realistic.

RE: What are your hopes for the Switch in 2018? - Saltman - 12-06-2017

As usual, a new WarioWare game will come out on the console just to show how innovative it is.

RE: What are your hopes for the Switch in 2018? - Mariotroid - 12-06-2017

I really want to see another Bomberman game like the ones on N64. The single player was awesome, and a remake of that feel in the modern era would be amazing. I know there's Super Bomberman R but that' a game made like the first era of Bomberman games, it's not the same.

Also, a game a new IP idea here, but once long ago I thought up a game that would merge Mario and Donkey Kong Country games together, their stories and gameplay. Maybe more in the direction of open world. I know my fan creation could've gone somewhere but I'll probably never find the time to make it. So yeah, Nintendo I'm asking for a GOOD crossover game  not likely it will channel this idea, but it would be cool if something similar was made.

A new Conkers Bad Fur Day. I loved both games in the series. Or even better, a new Diddy Kong Racing. These suggestions all seem to stem from N64. That' good though cause that was my favorite era. It' what I grew up with. When I had the time (and energy) to play games all day every day. The switch seems like it could be the start of a new era for Nintendo. A new N64.thank you Nintendo.

Aaso, Prime 4... Prime 4. OM IGTUTFH467GF57DB6TER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PRIME 4... Prime 4. Thank you Nintendo. Thank you.

RE: What are your hopes for the Switch in 2018? - Kritter - 12-06-2017

Conker belongs to RARE / Microsoft so that'll never happen.

I would LOVE a new Bomberman game though, more in the style of Bomberman 64 or Bomberman Tournament on the GBA. I don't think that's likely to happen though, Bomberman just isn't really a profitable series. I'm just glad to see a Bomberman game at all at this stage, seemed like the series was dead for a while there. I just want to see a Bomberman game that doesn't look like garbage like Bomberman R does.

RE: What are your hopes for the Switch in 2018? - littlelum - 12-06-2017

Luigi's mansion, but more like the original

RE: What are your hopes for the Switch in 2018? - Xander - 12-07-2017

(12-06-2017, 07:24 PM)Kritter Wrote: I would LOVE a new ... Bomberman Tournament

My first GBA game. What a great one. Zelda+Bomberman 1p mode and classic 4p multiplayer.

The stuff we already know that's coming that I want:
- Wargroove (time 1,000,000 -- my most wanted)
- Metroid
- Pokemon

Stuff I would love:
- Advance (Switch) Wars
- New or (grudgingly) remastered Golden Sun game.
- Mario Maker 2 (with really great internet integration).
- A Waluigi game  Soveryhappy

RE: What are your hopes for the Switch in 2018? - Catonator - 12-07-2017

I have random hopes that will probably never actually happen but I still hope they do
- A new Punch-Out: The Wii revival was great, more please
- Luigi's Mansion 3: I liked LM2, but if this potential sequel ever happens, I'd like it to move back to the open-ended structure of the first game.
- Wario Land 5 (or 6 if you count Shake It, I guess): You already know what made this series great. Nintendo please.
- A new Paper Mario: Colour Splash was a step in the right direction with the writing. If only we'd get a game with better character design and gameplay that isn't completely s***.
- N64 Classic Edition: There's a lot of bumps to sand off before that can happen, mostly the fact that a massive chunk of classic N64 titles belong to Rareware.
- Mario Maker 2: sdsfds
- F-Zero
- Metroid Prime 4 gameplay and release date: I'm really hoping for this. Based on how little they've shown off so far, I'd imagine that MP4 launches in 2019, but who knows.
- More info on the super sekrit Retro Studios title: Retro is working on something, it ain't Metroid. I want to know. Also Alexander Brandon is doing the music oh god it's amazingihfalsjd
- I guess that's all lol

RE: What are your hopes for the Switch in 2018? - DustinVG - 12-08-2017

-Wario anything, as long as it's good
-Smash 4 and Mario Maker ports (I'm still holding to this notion, yes)
-Punch-Out
-Paper Mario and Mario Party going back to roots (not terribly realistic)
-A solid Virtual Console lineup

But honestly? I just want them to keep going like they have been. This has been a stellar first year for the console and, if they keep it up, it's goin' places.

RE: What are your hopes for the Switch in 2018? - Friendly Dictator - 12-08-2017

honestly i think an actually good paper mario might not be that unlikely, given how unafraid to be weird odyssey was

RE: What are your hopes for the Switch in 2018? - DustinVG - 12-08-2017

(12-08-2017, 12:31 AM)Friendly Dictator Wrote: honestly i think an actually good paper mario might not be that unlikely, given how unafraid to be weird odyssey was

Well, here's hoping, m'friend!

RE: What are your hopes for the Switch in 2018? - RSupertheGreat - 12-08-2017

For me.. it's..
  • Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch (I mean, I'm a fan of Smash so I'd like to see a new one and what newcomer I'd hope to see is Bandana Dee, he's a pretty cool guy but I'm not sure what makes him "unoriginal" to be in Smash.)
  • A good (or at least decent) Paper Mario game (I know a lot of people wanted a new Paper Mario game that's good so count me in.)
  • A new Kirby game after Star Allies (just kidding)
  • Hoping for a continuation of Earthbound/Mother 3 for Switch or a new one (The game itself was discontinued for long time and the series is almost forgotten. Like I said, I'd like to see a continuation for Switch or new one)

RE: What are your hopes for the Switch in 2018? - Evil Yoshi Toes - 12-08-2017

Animal Crossing
Paper Mario (a good one though)
Mario Party (a good one though)
Mario Tennis (a good one though)
Luigi's Mansion
Smash Bros
A Wario game

RE: What are your hopes for the Switch in 2018? - Zero Kirby - 12-08-2017

Well, Bayonetta is not only getting a third game, but the first two are being ported to the Switch, and that's a thing I wanted, so that's neat!

Aside from that, a Tropical Freeze port, Metroid Prime 4 info, and the new Retro Studios project are all on my watchlist.

RE: What are your hopes for the Switch in 2018? - Xander - 12-08-2017

(12-08-2017, 12:21 AM)Dustinvgmaster Wrote: -A solid Virtual Console lineup
This reminds me.

What I actually really want is a cross-console Virtual Console account. Buy once play anywhere. That's my true dream for Nintendo.

RE: What are your hopes for the Switch in 2018? - FieryExplosion - 12-13-2017

The Switch has a lot of fantastic games already, and will be getting much more throughout the next year. However, there are some things I'd really like:
  • As others have suggested, a new Mario Party that is a true return to form. Classic gameplay, six boards minimum a plethora of unique minigame modes, a Story Mode, a shop system with worthwhile collectibles, some good Extras, etc. It would also be cool to see some Retro Minigames ala Mario Kart.
  • A port of Smash Bros. U to Switch wouldn't be too bad. If Mario Kart 8 can pull it off, why not Smash? (There might need to be some concessions, like removing 8-Player Smash or something, but I'm all down for that.)
  • Maybe after Star Allies, HAL could experiment with a true 3D Kirby game. Blowout Blast and Battle Royale have flirted about with a 3D Kirby, so maybe it's about time to make the GCN Kirby dream come true for real.
  • A game that uses Miis in a substantial manner, much like Tomodachi and Miitopia. The days of Wii Party have ended; it's time Nintendo really show the quirky situations Miis can really accomplish.
  • I wouldn't mind seeing a Persona spin-off for the Switch. Persona Q proved the games can work on the 3DS, so why not the Switch?
In addition, I'd also like to see:
  • If Nintendo is really going to go through with paid Internet (as much as I don't want them to) then maybe give us something that's really going to entice us. A greater selection of games, N64 games, maybe even Gamecube?
  • Menu skins. The 3DS proves it can work; there's no reason for Nintendo to wait several years to add it in.
  • An application that uses Miis in a substantial manner, much like StreetPass Mii Plaza. Mii Plaza was a fun distraction, so Nintendo should maybe bring it to the Switch. Heck, find a way to make it as quirky as Miitopia too.

RE: What are your hopes for the Switch in 2018? - Mr. Yoshbert - 12-14-2017

In addition to new Donkey Kong, new WarioWare/Wario Land, new Mario Party and Paper Mario that return to their roots, a completely overhauled Virtual Console service, and third party support continuing to roll in, I'd like to see a new 2D Mario sidescroller with the same boldness and inventiveness as Odyssey did.  A Truly New Super Mario Bros., if you will.

Also, I hope Nintendo continues to update the Switch's OS with more and more features from 2018 onwards.  I wholeheartedly appreciate that they made this console's UI sleek, snazzy, and responsive, but it's still rather barebones when it comes to things that aren't games.  

If they're able to throw in some more themes and avatars, an internet browser, voice chat built-in to the console for those who don't want to use that silly little smartphone app, perhaps some calendar and weather apps, Netflix and YouTube (we already have Hulu, so those could be coming sooner than we think), a paid online service that's worth the money, and the option to add friends by their names (odd, as even the Wii U had this), all while keeping the system running as fast as it is... that'll be something great.

EDIT: I almost forgot. MyNintendo rewards.  Give us a reason to spend those points.

RE: What are your hopes for the Switch in 2018? - Dock - 12-14-2017

I really had no intention on getting a switch, until I heard the new main line Pokemon games were being released on them. So I'll have to pick one up next summer now, and the only thing I can hope for is that the game is good enough to be worth the cost of a switch.

RE: What are your hopes for the Switch in 2018? - Evil Yoshi Toes - 12-14-2017

(12-13-2017, 09:42 PM)FieryExplosion Wrote: [*]An application that uses Miis in a substantial manner, much like StreetPass Mii Plaza. Mii Plaza was a fun distraction, so Nintendo should maybe bring it to the Switch. Heck, find a way to make it as quirky as Miitopia too.

I feel like they'd have to make the Mii maker more accessible if they did this. Right now the Mii maker is really hidden away, which is probably due to how little they're used on the switch. It's kind of odd since the Miis became really iconic with the wii and are still being used on the 3DS, so I'm not sure why they decided to hide them away.

RE: What are your hopes for the Switch in 2018? - Kritter - 12-14-2017

Because the Switch is marketed differently to the Wii, Wii U or 3DS. It's more of a "cool" or "trendy" system and the Mii's don't really mesh with that idea, so they stuffed them in a corner rather than having them as the face of console itself. It's really part of a larger marketing strategy that has worked quite well in favour of the Switch.

RE: What are your hopes for the Switch in 2018? - Mariotroid - 12-14-2017

Never heard it's going for cool or trendy. That does make some sense though. The Wii and Wii U seemed aimed at families.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.