MFGG Forums
NCFC 2019 - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: News and Events (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: NCFC 2019 (/showthread.php?tid=2115)

Pages: 1 2

NCFC 2019 - Mors - 10-04-2019

[Image: ncfc_2019.png]

Yo yo yo! NCFC 2019 will be taking place between October 30th and November 3rd!

If you don't know what NCFC is, it's pretty much an online convention primarily for Nintendo fangames, though it also accept fangames for other franchises.

You can check the whole thing out here.

Oh and this year you can submit a 10 second footage of your fangame which will be put in a trailer. You can also learn more about that here.

RE: NCFC 2019 - WarlockFace - 10-07-2019

thanks for the reminder. I already had time to forget. I will definitely watch

RE: NCFC 2019 - VinnyVideo - 10-12-2019

The NCFC site still isn't working. [insert very sad face]

RE: NCFC 2019 - GeneralGuy - 10-12-2019

NCFC: Not Currently Functioning Correctly

RE: NCFC 2019 - DJ Yoshiman - 10-17-2019

So, looking at the site and forums, now that they're back up, there's quite some work ahead of you guys.

I've read the news that you want to make this the biggest year. Great ambitions, but there's a lot of things that need to be taken care of, such as:

- The forum's logo says NCFC 2014
- There's nothing showing for 2017 or 2018 (although you could just hide all the previous booths and reviews)
- There's still a bot-spam post in the Game Development discussion forum
- The chat is apparently still using IRC? I'm sure there's people that use that, but with the internet changing, it would be wise to catch up and use other, more accessible programs that many people already have downloaded (like Discord)
- THIS ENTIRE ABOUT PAGE http://www.nintendocfc.com/about.html - Specifically the staff
   - It says Kesha is the Head Director, and his last post was back in 2013, is he still related to NCFC?
   - Elias Thompson (Producer) last visited in 2017 and last posted in 2016, is he still related to NCFC?
   - Emperor's last visit was in 2016, is he still interested at all?
   - Chris Hedgie passed away two years ago, why is he still listed as an active staff???
   - Black Squirrel last visited in 2014, probably not even aware NCFC is still a thing.

- And the last confusing thing, is that there's a post on the forum about how there's barely any forum activity and it's on the Discord... so there IS a Discord, but no link to it that I can find?

NCFC 2019 would be fantastic to see really big, but I see an entire reset necessary to do it and round up proper advertising, visibility and outreaching. It's probably too soon to get it done in time for the end of October (though crazier things have happened), so I would also recommend delaying the date a bit to achieve better results. If DOOM Eternal can get pushed back 3 months, I think this date could be pushed back a bit to ensure it comes out as amazing as it should be. Wink

RE: NCFC 2019 - Clobbah - 10-17-2019

(10-17-2019, 09:23 PM)DJ Yoshiman Wrote: So, looking at the site and forums, now that they're back up, there's quite some work ahead of you guys.

I've read the news that you want to make this the biggest year. Great ambitions, but there's a lot of things that need to be taken care of, such as:

- There's nothing showing for 2017 or 2018 (although you could just hide all the previous booths and reviews)
- The chat is apparently still using IRC? I'm sure there's people that use that, but with the internet changing, it would be wise to catch up and use other, more accessible programs that many people already have downloaded (like Discord)
- THIS ENTIRE ABOUT PAGE http://www.nintendocfc.com/about.html - Specifically the staff
   - It says Kesha is the Head Director, and his last post was back in 2013, is he still related to NCFC?
   - Elias Thompson (Producer) last visited in 2017 and last posted in 2016, is he still related to NCFC?
   - Chris Hedgie passed away two years ago, why is he still listed as an active staff???
   - Black Squirrel last visited in 2014, probably not even aware NCFC is still a thing.

- And the last confusing thing, is that there's a post on the forum about how there's barely any forum activity and it's on the Discord... so there IS a Discord, but no link to it that I can find?

NCFC 2019 would be fantastic to see really big, but I see an entire reset necessary to do it and round up proper advertising, visibility and outreaching. It's probably too soon to get it done in time for the end of October (though crazier things have happened), so I would also recommend delaying the date a bit to achieve better results. If DOOM Eternal can get pushed back 3 months, I think this date could be pushed back a bit to ensure it comes out as amazing as it should be. Wink

I think the smaller edits can be done without delaying the event. The big stuff could come after.

RE: NCFC 2019 - Arrietty - 10-19-2019

(10-17-2019, 09:23 PM)DJ Yoshiman Wrote: So, looking at the site and forums, now that they're back up, there's quite some work ahead of you guys.

I agree. This feels sort of disorganized. On top of that, I personally feel the Oct 4th announcement with a 19th deadline for innitial submissions feels too short. SAGExpo's announcement with a month in advance already feels short.

RE: NCFC 2019 - recent - 10-19-2019

(10-19-2019, 06:07 PM)Arrietty Wrote: I agree. This feels sort of disorganized. On top of that, I personally feel the Oct 4th announcement with a 19th deadline for innitial submissions feels too short. SAGExpo's announcement with a month in advance already feels short.

except SAGE has the advertising and proper management to make it work. none of which NCFC has

RE: NCFC 2019 - Arrietty - 10-21-2019

(10-19-2019, 08:44 PM)recent Wrote:
(10-19-2019, 06:07 PM)Arrietty Wrote: I agree. This feels sort of disorganized. On top of that, I personally feel the Oct 4th announcement with a 19th deadline for innitial submissions feels too short. SAGExpo's announcement with a month in advance already feels short.

except SAGE has the advertising and proper management to make it work. none of which NCFC has

Of course, can't argue with that.

RE: NCFC 2019 - Bungalo - 10-21-2019

So where exactly do we send the 10 second video?

edit: Found the email through the discord Smile

RE: NCFC 2019 - Yoshin - 10-31-2019

NCFC is on, for those who care

RE: NCFC 2019 - The Dark Warrior - 11-01-2019

im disappointed in ncfc for not marketing out to more places for people to care. MFGG also doesn't drive in many to come when the culture is towards like, big name indie people or streamers like kazeshin or vinesauce vinny.

RE: NCFC 2019 - OssieTheOstrich - 11-02-2019

(11-01-2019, 05:17 PM)The Dark Warrior Wrote: im disappointed in ncfc for not marketing out to more places for people to care. MFGG also doesn't drive in many to come when the culture is towards like, big name indie people or streamers like kazeshin or vinesauce vinny.

I agree with everything you've said.

RE: NCFC 2019 - Evil Yoshi Toes - 11-02-2019

(11-01-2019, 05:17 PM)The Dark Warrior Wrote: im disappointed in ncfc for not marketing out to more places for people to care. MFGG also doesn't drive in many to come when the culture is towards like, big name indie people or streamers like kazeshin or vinesauce vinny.

Yeah, it's a shame NCFC's marketing is so horrible. Hopefully it will eventually fall into someone else's hands who has the time and passion to dedicate to advertising and marketing the event properly.

RE: NCFC 2019 - GeneralGuy - 11-02-2019

(11-02-2019, 10:49 AM)Evil Yoshi Toes Wrote:

Yeah, it's a shame NCFC's marketing is so horrible. Hopefully it will eventually fall into someone else's hands who has the time and passion to dedicate to advertising and marketing the event properly.
Like me

RE: NCFC 2019 - Evan.F - 11-02-2019

I'd try, but I've no knowledge in marketing whatsoever

RE: NCFC 2019 - Clobbah - 11-03-2019

(11-02-2019, 02:10 PM)GeneralGuy Wrote:
(11-02-2019, 10:49 AM)Evil Yoshi Toes Wrote:

Like me
n o

RE: NCFC 2019 - Yoshin - 11-03-2019

NCFC Contributor badges are handed out after the event is done correct?

RE: NCFC 2019 - Fun With Despair - 11-04-2019

(11-03-2019, 02:37 PM)Yoshin Wrote: NCFC Contributor badges are handed out after the event is done correct?

yeah that'll be the case, although give it a couple days to a week for it to show up, because we have to comb through the entrants and match up their MFGG accounts and manually award it, and all that.

RE: NCFC 2019 - Yoshin - 11-07-2019

NCFC is done now I believe.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.