MFGG Forums
What's your favorite Kirby game(s)? - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: What's your favorite Kirby game(s)? (/showthread.php?tid=214)

What's your favorite Kirby game(s)? - RSupertheGreat - 12-07-2017

I thought of making this thread so.. (I'm not sure if there was an already existing thread)

So far, Kirby series doesn't have any "bad" games or at least I can say.. there are some decent Kirby game. Heh, anyways what's your favorite Kirby games? I would say that mine is Super Star Ultra, Return to Dream Land and Air Ride.

RE: What's your favorite Kirby game(s)? - Action Lemon - 12-07-2017

Kirby air ride, city trial. Best Kirby memories.

RE: What's your favorite Kirby game(s)? - Kritter - 12-07-2017

Kirby's Dream Land 3 holds a special place for being the first Kirby game I ever played, many many years ago. Really under used ideas too, wish they'd bring back the little animal friends from that game.

RE: What's your favorite Kirby game(s)? - Hiro-sofT - 12-07-2017

Planet Robobot is my favorite Kirby so far in every aspect. Tripple Deluxe is very close to that, but gets points taken away because some of the Hypernova parts were not that good executed (it was good, but the robot in Robobot was way more fun and versatile to use). After these I like probably Super Star Ultra the most, because of the Co-op feature and variety of game modes.

RE: What's your favorite Kirby game(s)? - Pufflehugs - 12-07-2017

Epic Yarn. The music, visuals, and just tone in general make it such a charming experience.

RE: What's your favorite Kirby game(s)? - Saltman - 12-07-2017

I've only played Adventure, which was good, but then I kind of forgot about Kirby because I found him somewhat too kiddy for my taste.

RE: What's your favorite Kirby game(s)? - Evil Yoshi Toes - 12-07-2017

I've only played Kirby air ride and only a couple of times. I guess I'll use this topic to see which Kirby game I should try first Smile

RE: What's your favorite Kirby game(s)? - VinnyVideo - 12-07-2017

Probably Kirby Super Star for the Super NES - I've never played KSS Ultra. Kirby and the Amazing Mirror is a Kirby concept I liked a lot.

I need to play more Kirby games.

RE: What's your favorite Kirby game(s)? - GStache - 12-07-2017

Kirby Super Star Ultra. Nuff' said

RE: What's your favorite Kirby game(s)? - Mariotroid - 12-08-2017

Kirby and the Crystal Shards. Why does it seem all my favorite games are N64 era? Cause they Are, live with it. I liked the idea of mixing powers and collecting shards, it was a cute game and the multiplayer was decent.

RE: What's your favorite Kirby game(s)? - Xander - 12-08-2017

I'm very underplayed in the series. Canvas Curse being basically the only one I've really played (I don't even think I beat it properly).

The GBA games are on my todo list though. Smile

RE: What's your favorite Kirby game(s)? - Kaguya Houraisan - 12-08-2017

(12-07-2017, 02:26 AM)Kritter Wrote: Kirby's Dream Land 3 holds a special place for being the first Kirby game I ever played, many many years ago. Really under used ideas too, wish they'd bring back the little animal friends from that game.

This.

The music is so nostalgic. Reminds me of my childhood, the place where I used to enjoy. I also am a fan of Planet Robobot, played it with my cousin about a year ago. Never beat the real final boss in the arena, though.

RE: What's your favorite Kirby game(s)? - DustinVG - 12-11-2017

Top 5 Main (in no particular order):
-Kirby's Adventure
-Kirby's Dream Land 3
-Kirby 64
-Planet Robobot
-Super Star/Ultra

Return to Dreamland and Dream Land 2 as honorable mentions. Best spinoff is, of course, Air Ride.

RE: What's your favorite Kirby game(s)? - littlelum - 12-11-2017

Epic Yarn is my favorite

RE: What's your favorite Kirby game(s)? - GothGirlGangBlasterMaster - 12-12-2017

i think return to dreamland was the best overall experience for me. every second of it was a blast

there's lots of great ones though. superstar/ultra, 64, triple deluxe, robobot.
amazing mirror i've beaten like 3 times because it's so fun to just wander around that game and see what happens. i wish more games were like that

RE: What's your favorite Kirby game(s)? - Pixelated Luigi - 12-23-2017

i thought Triple Dulex & Planet Robobot were good.

RE: What's your favorite Kirby game(s)? - FieryExplosion - 12-23-2017

The choice is obvious: Kirby: Planet Robobot. The game has terrific atmosphere, the Robobot Armor is a fun gimmick, the level design is amazing, the references are on point, and the sub-games are really engaging (and I'm glad there are deluxe versions of them on the eShop). Planet Robobot does a great job at being the successor to Triple Deluxe, and it makes me very excited to see where they're going to go for Star Allies.

RE: What's your favorite Kirby game(s)? - Jaden1291 the Toad - 02-15-2018

So far, I've owned Kirby Triple Deluxe, Planet Robobot, and Battle Royale, all on my trusty Nintendo 3DS. I found the Kirby series to be my most favorite Nintendo game series so far to be honest. Each game contains some unique gimmicks, from riding a big Robobot mecha to amplifying Kirby's inhale ability to the point he can break the fourth wall.

But the one that I liked the most (for now) is "Planet Robobot". For the most part, I wasnt spoiled because I wasnt aware it came out. I liked the ESP, UFO, Jet, and Mirror abilities. The robobot armor gimmick was awesome. While this being a spiritual successor to Triple Deluxe, it's also very familiar to fans of the original Kirby Super Star games, especially the ones who have played the Ultra version because of Meta Knightmare Returns. And the best part is controlling the Halberd ALL BY YOURSELF!

Battle Royale is also Kirby's counterpart of Mario Party + Smash Bros combined, and it's also my other favorite game. You gotta fill rockets, beat Robo-Bonkers, engage in Dumb Ways to Die-styled scenarios (Crazy Theater), and more! I also loved how HAL added attack movesets for the useless Sleep ability (which also heals you in this game, so it's gonna be useful in some situations).

Triple Deluxe, being my first Kirby game ever bought, is also my third favorite. With a rhythm game and a Smash Bros-styled game stuffed into it, plus the ability to play as King Dedede, it's the right game for some Kirby starter players who want to experience the game for the first time. Kirby's inhale ability also has the ability to gain the strength of a black hole when you obtain Miracle Fruit and it's a strangely interesting concept. You could move platforms, remove huge murals, suck in paintings, and even break the fourth wall (Read: You can inhale the healthbar during the Sectonia bossfight and Flowery Woods bossfight in 6-5).

The upcoming Kirby Star Allies for Nintendo Switch is also going to be my next favorite game. With multiplayer, the return of Helpers, combining abilities, and TEAMWORK (yes, you heard it right!), this is gonna be a really sensational game in the Kirby series! It also provided me with lots of theories and questions to the story like "Is Francisca the sister of Susie?", "Will there be a Helper to Hero mode like in Kirby Super Star Ultra?", "Will Dark Matter and other related characters return?", and so on. I believe the game also supports sideway JoyCons so I can finally play with a cousin aside from Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Odyssey!

I found all of my Kirby games (including Star Allies) to be my favorite, aside from the entire series being my most favorite Nintendo game series.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.