MFGG Forums
Drawing Competition: Design Your Own Game! - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: News and Events (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Drawing Competition: Design Your Own Game! (/showthread.php?tid=2174)

Pages: 1 2

Drawing Competition: Design Your Own Game! - GamerInGeorgia - 11-19-2019

We've all had fantasies of designing our own games; some of us have even gone to the professional level, designing characters, concepts, and other things for companies and studios. In this competition, you get to design your own game! Isn't that exciting? However, there is a small twist... You must forge your concept based on a randomly generated video game name. Try to come up with a concept from a generated name and put it to paper, that's basically all there is to it! Entries are due by Tuesday, December 17 at 11:59 PM EST! Have fun!

Here are some random name generators that you can use:
https://videogamena.me/
http://letsmakeagame.net/game-title-generator/

RE: Poll: What should the next competition be? - Evan.F - 11-20-2019

okay the random name generator gave me these.

Pro Sloth From Hell
Fluffy Wreatling Apocalypse
The Castle Of Spork Nights

Super Mech Inspector
Tactical Platypus J.R
Enormous Sailboat Racing

Black Squirrel in The Hood
Cool Devil-The Gathering Storm

which do you think is best. I'm stuck with the bold one. But I also consider The italics. BSiTH and Cool Devil sound more like real games.

RE: Drawing Competition: Design Your Own Game! - Evan.F - 11-20-2019

I feel like doing The Castle Of Spork Nights, sounds funny, and also sounds like a game

RE: Drawing Competition: Design Your Own Game! - Great Destination Tracks 3 - 11-21-2019

Everybody Loves The Frog Scam
Tiny Hammer Kid
Bombard Of War
Screaming Chess Gang
Fluffy Alligator Battle
Night of the NASCAR strikes again
Atomic Bombs
Tropical Dinosaur JR
Monster Rage

Those are the generated names that i like

RE: Drawing Competition: Design Your Own Game! - Clobbah - 11-22-2019

Looks like I’m joining again since there’s been an extension. The name I got was Subterranean Submarine Assassins.

RE: Drawing Competition: Design Your Own Game! - GamerInGeorgia - 11-26-2019

Three weeks left!

RE: Drawing Competition: Design Your Own Game! - Great Destination Tracks 3 - 11-27-2019

Came up with Monster Rage, i made a separate thread about it

RE: Drawing Competition: Design Your Own Game! - Evan.F - 11-28-2019

I'm afraid I may not be contributing to this, I've got more important stuff to do, and a spork won't cut it.

I feel like using the idea in future, as it sounds like a good game idea, but in the mean time, I'm out.

RE: Drawing Competition: Design Your Own Game! - Nutshell - 11-30-2019

[Image: itlako.png?width=490&height=473]
Alright, let's do this

RE: Drawing Competition: Design Your Own Game! - GamerInGeorgia - 12-10-2019

One week to get those entries in!
@Angustia, @CuteYoshiGirl, @Fourside Seven, @jas, @kremling, @Medaforcer, @Nutshell, @~Smoke~, and @Clobbah, you all showed interest in participating, so this reminder is mostly for you guys.

RE: Drawing Competition: Design Your Own Game! - ~Smoke~ - 12-12-2019

ah yes, thanks for the reminder. I'm with this

RE: Drawing Competition: Design Your Own Game! - kremling - 12-17-2019

I’ll have mine done before the deadline. Agree

Here is my entry. I struggled to get the image to show on the page. Maybe, it's just too big.
My generated concept was: Ninja Driving Wars
Basically, you and other players are sneaking around on cars driving on interstate/highway. The key is to cause the other players to crash or simply fall off the car by throwing ninja weapons at the other player/car.
https://imgur.com/4YR58qk

RE: Drawing Competition: Design Your Own Game! - GamerInGeorgia - 12-17-2019

I'm going to extend the deadline by a week due to the lack of entries from people who looked like they were going to make an entry.
@Angustia, @CuteYoshiGirl, @Fourside Seven, @jas, @Medaforcer, @Nutshell, @~Smoke~, and @Clobbah, this is for you.

RE: Drawing Competition: Design Your Own Game! - Clobbah - 12-20-2019

[Image: 19-A198-D9-79-C3-49-BD-BB14-F00-E9-FA1-AE20.jpg]
Here’s my entry as promised, Subterranean Submarine Assassins. I visualized it as a game where you dig underground with your submarine full of assassin things and find the targets you’re contracted to kill. Here the player is going after the center mole, who is a famous dictator in the underground. The saw is used to dig (though if I actually made this a game it would be a drill) and the light is used to find the target, with a gattling gun on the bottom used as the main weapon. I’d imagine you’d be able to change weapons too.

That’s my idea I came up with. Hope you guys like it, and it actually sounds interesting enough to tackle as a project, so that might happen someday.

RE: Drawing Competition: Design Your Own Game! - Evan.F - 12-20-2019

If I can find a way of  uploading a photo on here (attachments don't work Sad  ), then I'm back.
or I can use pixel art

THE SPORKS SHALL PREVAIL

RE: Drawing Competition: Design Your Own Game! - Clobbah - 12-20-2019

(12-20-2019, 04:40 PM)Evan.F Wrote: If I can find a way of  uploading a photo on here (attachments don't work Sad  ), then I'm back.
or I can use pixel art

THE SPORKS SHALL PREVAIL

I don’t think pixel art is allowed.

As for the image problem, you can use imgbb and copy the image address to have it show on the forums.

RE: Drawing Competition: Design Your Own Game! - Evan.F - 12-24-2019

Since Slug is in this with a MS Paint doodle, I might as well put this one up as a Christmas bonus to this thread.
Caracter Designs for some of the clans in "Castle of the Spork Knights"
[Image: file.php?id=553]

here are the character descriptions I wrote on the stys forums.
-From left to right-
Chopskick samurai: Have lightning powers and chopstick num-chuks,

Knight knight: Masters of killing, weild duel blades,

Fork knights: This is king of the water-based fork clan, like the spoon knights they aren't war mongering and mostly fear the sporks potential to destroy their clan

Spork knight: the playable clan in Castle of the Spork Knights, originated from rebelling members of the Fork and Spoon knights merging, leading to their war with the spoon knights and fork knights,

Spoon knights: wield spoons and live in a bowl based fortress. The friendliest clan, and the first you will go to war with.

Spachula knight: Enslaving one as a chef is risky, but boy does it pay off, they are great cooks, and units will use this to heal at any opportunity they can. Carry spachulas that they fight with as if it was a fly squatter.

Whisk knights: Can blow away foes with their whisks. Not much here yet

Merry Christmas

RE: Drawing Competition: Design Your Own Game! - Nutshell - 12-24-2019

[Image: itallama.png]
This is basically a street fighter clone where you play as stereotiped italian llamas. 
The stages are based on famous italy places and the music is directly taked from the movie "The Godfather"
There's not a lot more here since it was released on the SNES Floppy Disk Drive, like Hong Kong 97

RE: Drawing Competition: Design Your Own Game! - GamerInGeorgia - 12-25-2019

Time is up! Here are our five entries:
Monster Rage, by @Slug101

Ninja Driving Wars, by @kremling

Subterranean Submarine Assassins by @Clobbah

Castle of the Spork Knights, by @Evan.F

Italian Llama Combat, by @Nutshell

Send in your votes by Sunday, January 5, 2020! Winner gets their concept made into a game

RE: Drawing Competition: Design Your Own Game! - GeneralGuy - 12-25-2019

Kremling

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.