MFGG Forums
I don't have a game system newer than the original Wii - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: I don't have a game system newer than the original Wii (/showthread.php?tid=2213)

I don't have a game system newer than the original Wii - VinnyVideo - 01-01-2020

Don't hurt me, but I don't own any gaming systems newer than the original Wii! Now I have some serious catching up to do. Where should I begin?

I know pretty much all the new stuff is on the Switch now, but there's also a lot of games on the 3DS and Wii U that I never got to play.

RE: I don't have a game system newer than the original Wii - chaoxys - 01-01-2020

I'd say the Switch. The WiiU has a couple of games that are exclusive to it, but a number of them aren't worth the trouble honestly as they were okay at best (things like SM3DW were pretty good, but it's one of the few gems it has exclusive to it at this point). The 3DS has a number of games that are pretty great, but since the system has ran it's course, there won't be any new major games for it, so you could come back to it later with little to no issue as it's library will be the same, where as if you wait on the Switch, it's library will only get larger and larger, plus you'd have to avoid spoilers for future Switch games until you get a chance to play them.

RE: I don't have a game system newer than the original Wii - Evil Yoshi Toes - 01-01-2020

I'd go with the Switch for sure. Most notable Wii U games are already ported to the Switch, and the Switch has a lot of ports in general which means a lot of games previously home console exclusive are now on handheld. On top of that, the Switch is still being supported and already has some really solid exclusives in its library (Zelda, Mario Odyssey, Smash Bros, Luigi's Mansion, Yoshi, Splatoon ...), with even more coming up (Metroid, another Zelda, Animal Crossing ...). A Wii U will be cheaper, but there's a lot more enjoyment to be had on the Switch.

You can get a 3DS for fairly cheap and the game library is pretty good, especially since it can play original DS games too. Mine hasn't seen much use lately because I don't enjoy playing on handhelds as much anymore, but there are some games on there that I had a lot of fun with (my favorites are A Link Between Worlds and Animal Crossing New Leaf). I'd say that the game library is not as impressive as the Switch though as I struggle to think of many games for 3DS that really captivated me.

RE: I don't have a game system newer than the original Wii - Mors - 01-01-2020

If your budget is very limited and you didn't have a DS before then a New 2DS XL would be an ok choice. If you don't mind you can pick refurbished ones for even cheaper.

Definitely go with Switch otherwise, don't even consider Wii U lol

RE: I don't have a game system newer than the original Wii - Andy Journey - 01-02-2020

(01-01-2020, 07:11 PM)Mors Wrote: don't even consider Wii U lol

Unless you REALLY want to play 3D World.

RE: I don't have a game system newer than the original Wii - VinnyVideo - 01-03-2020

Yeah, getting a Switch makes the most sense - there won't be a lot of future releases for the 3DS, and most of the better Wii U games got re-released for other systems (or might get re-released in the future).

I probably won't get a Wii U unless I can find a used one for cheap.

I still wouldn't mind snagging a 3DS, though.

RE: I don't have a game system newer than the original Wii - Saltman - 01-18-2020

How about a gamecube controller? You get to play Mario Power Tennis but it's actually good.

btw I got a 3DS late, but I don't regret it. 3DS + GBA allows you to play EVERY NINTENDO HANDHELD GAME EVER which is what my kid self would've killed for. You've got a GBA right? You could do that.

RE: I don't have a game system newer than the original Wii - GeneralGuy - 01-18-2020

Switch

RE: I don't have a game system newer than the original Wii - Parakarry - 01-20-2020

Quite a few Switch games are WiiU games more realized and drawn out. The better versions.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.