MFGG Forums
MFGG Awards 2019 - NOMINATIONS - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: News and Events (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: MFGG Awards 2019 - NOMINATIONS (/showthread.php?tid=2214)

MFGG Awards 2019 - NOMINATIONS - Mors - 01-02-2020

MFGG AWARDS 2019

Another year, another MFGG Awards! This time we've decided to shake things up a bit and accept the nominations and the final votes via Google Forms instead of forum DMs, so even those who aren't forum members can join. We are also slightly changing some of the categories and their orders just to shake things up.

For those who don't know, MFGG Awards consists of two phases, the Nomination Phase, and the Voting Phase. In the Nomination Phase, you nominate a member or a game for multiple different categories. Five entries with the most nominations per category will move on to the final voting, which will begin in a week. After the final voting ends, the staff will tally the votes and the winners will be announced. The winners will receive a very special forums badge as an award, as well a kiss from the one and only VinnyVideo!

...Vinny doesn't know that we are including this as an award yet though.

As for the rules, you can only enter one name per category, and you're not allowed to nominate yourself or a game you made yourself. You also have to make at least 5 nominations in total, otherwise your entire form will be considered invalid.

LINK TO THE NOMINATIONS FORM

If a category doesn't end up getting enough nominations, that category might get omitted or the staff might add additional nominations that weren't submitted by the users.

Don't be afraid to discuss which games to nominate with others if you're having trouble remembering games from this year. You can also browse the main site and the forums if you need a refresher. Wink

Good luck.

RE: MFGG Awards 2019 - NOMINATIONS - Q-Nova - 01-02-2020

Is there a good reason why you're required to have a Google account to enter your nominations? I mean, not everybody has a Google account, and I'm not sure if there's many of such people that would create one just to vote for the MFGG Awards. I know spambots are a concern, but isn't it possible to have a spambot protection for your Google form (I hope there is)?

I also have another question: Do older stuff that have been submitted to the main site last year like the Metroid: Fan Mission content, Mega Man Maker, and most of my Commander Keen mods count? I think it would be very nice for all of us to know the answer to that question.

RE: MFGG Awards 2019 - NOMINATIONS - Clobbah - 01-03-2020

(01-02-2020, 11:11 PM)Q-Nova Wrote: Is there a good reason why you're required to have a Google account to enter your nominations? I mean, not everybody has a Google account, and I'm not sure if there's many of such people that would create one just to vote for the MFGG Awards.

I personally don’t see why you don’t have one.

Google Forms is just easier and more accessible than nominations via DMing whoever’s in charge.

RE: MFGG Awards 2019 - NOMINATIONS - OssieTheOstrich - 01-03-2020

(01-02-2020, 01:04 PM)Mors Wrote: As for the rules, you can only enter one name per category, and you're not allowed to nominate yourself or a game you made yourself. You also have to make at least 5 nominations in total, otherwise your entire form will be considered invalid.
When you say "category", do you mean like, the whole page, or the fields you have to write in? Because I can't remember.

RE: MFGG Awards 2019 - NOMINATIONS - Clobbah - 01-03-2020

(01-03-2020, 04:28 AM)Ostrich101 Wrote:
(01-02-2020, 01:04 PM)Mors Wrote: As for the rules, you can only enter one name per category, and you're not allowed to nominate yourself or a game you made yourself. You also have to make at least 5 nominations in total, otherwise your entire form will be considered invalid.
When you say "category", do you mean like, the whole page, or the fields you have to write in? Because I can't remember.

Go to the form. Categories are things like “Beat Game”.

RE: MFGG Awards 2019 - NOMINATIONS - VinnyVideo - 01-03-2020

I just submitted mine!

@Q-Nova You should be able to submit your ballot even if you don't have a Google Account.

The new guard might have a different opinion, but when I was running MFGG Awards, I'd accept nominations for any game as long as you worked on it in that year or shared it for the first time on MFGG.

@Mors 😘

RE: MFGG Awards 2019 - NOMINATIONS - Q-Nova - 01-03-2020

(01-03-2020, 09:02 PM)VinnyVideo Wrote: You should be able to submit your ballot even if you don't have a Google Account.

I just clicked on the link again, but it still gives me this message:
Quote:Sign in to continue

To fill out this form, you must be signed in. Your identity will remain anonymous.

I suppose that I'm probably in the minority here, though. If Google Forms is the new way to submit your votes or contest entries (like in MTA3 and the writing competition), I might consider creating a Google account then, who knows?

RE: MFGG Awards 2019 - NOMINATIONS - VinnyVideo - 01-04-2020

@Q-Nova Hmm, I didn't realize that. It's not hard to make a Google Account - you'll need one if you ever want to load something to YouTube, for example.

However, if you don't want to make an account, I could send you the list of categories, and you could PM them to the MFGG Awards account.

RE: MFGG Awards 2019 - NOMINATIONS - Mors - 01-04-2020

@Q-Nova: It's that way to ensure that 1 person doesn't submit multiple nominations.
I just assumed that everyone would have one really, like these days you need it for everything, for your android phone, for youtube to save your recommendations and to make comments there, for literally any of google's services... If you don't have one yet you'd better off just making one.

RE: MFGG Awards 2019 - NOMINATIONS - Mors - 01-09-2020

And the nominations are over! Huge thanks to everyone who filled the form!

We will be counting the votes and make the final voting form go up as soon as possible.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.