MFGG Forums
COMPLETED Mairo Maker / Super Mix Maker (PC,Mac,Linux,Web) - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Development Showcase (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: COMPLETED Mairo Maker / Super Mix Maker (PC,Mac,Linux,Web) (/showthread.php?tid=2241)

Mairo Maker / Super Mix Maker (PC,Mac,Linux,Web) - strobert - 02-07-2020

Hi, I'm Robert Vega, I'm new to this forum  Big Grin

and it's a bit late for my game but I still share them since I did it with love. My game is a fanmade of the popular super Mario maker called "Mairo Maker" that I started developing in 2015.

I released several versions but this game was canceled since Nintendo sent me an email with DMCA and I had to give up. Sick

On the other hand I started to redo the sprites of my game and continued its development with another name called "Super mix maker" which has three gameplay styles (Mario type, Megaman type, Zelda type) and concluded its development at the end of 2017. Cool

I leave both games for you to try, I hope you enjoy it. Big Grin
 CONTROLS
  • Walk = ASDW or Arrows
  • Sit=S or Down Arrow
  • Run = J
  • Jump = K
  • Joystick Xbox360 Compatibility tested
  • R= Reset the Level (when you're die or win)
  • Enter = Play another random Level (when you're die or win)
  • Esc = back to main menu (when you're die or win)
  • EDIT MODE:
  • Left Click = Created and select tool
  • Right Click + Mouse Move = Move the camera
Download Mairo Maker (canceled) : https://strobert.itch.io/mairomaker

===================================================
Download Super Mix Maker: https://gamejolt.com/games/supermixmaker/192007

RE: Mairo Maker / Super Mix Maker (PC,Mac,Linux,Web) - Clobbah - 02-13-2020

...so you just changed sprites?

RE: Mairo Maker / Super Mix Maker (PC,Mac,Linux,Web) - Merit Celaire - 02-13-2020

Are you talking about the former project, the latter project, or both?

But if it's the former, I can already see the "red flags" as to why Nintendo would get on this author's case because with all due respect, I'd raise a red flag here. Because at first sight, this is mostly just trying to be a "copy"/"imitation" of both Super Mario Maker installments, and is seriously frowned upon.

Don't get me wrong, I'm into fangame project development as well and slowly trying to get back in the groove on it. But major protip to the author/TC: I understand you're trying to share your love of the Mario series just as much as I do, but this point still stands: next time, make sure that layout/design/presentation wise in general, you're not just blatantly "copying" someone else's hard work; copying an official/commercial game installment is grounds for the publishers/developers to get on your case like what happened to your "Super Mairo Maker" project here.

RE: Mairo Maker / Super Mix Maker (PC,Mac,Linux,Web) - strobert - 02-14-2020

(02-13-2020, 11:05 AM)Clobbah Wrote: ...so you just changed sprites?
Yes, i change the game sprites with custom sprites and also the types of gameplay for each game style. and the online features (upload levels, save levels etc)

Mario like , Zelda like and Megaman like

(02-13-2020, 07:42 PM)Merit Celaire Wrote: Are you talking about the former project, the latter project, or both?

But if it's the former, I can already see the "red flags" as to why Nintendo would get on this author's case because with all due respect, I'd raise a red flag here. Because at first sight, this is mostly just trying to be a "copy"/"imitation" of both Super Mario Maker installments, and is seriously frowned upon.

Don't get me wrong, I'm into fangame project development as well and slowly trying to get back in the groove on it. But major protip to the author/TC: I understand you're trying to share your love of the Mario series just as much as I do, but this point still stands: next time, make sure that layout/design/presentation wise in general, you're not just blatantly "copying" someone else's hard work; copying an official/commercial game installment is grounds for the publishers/developers to get on your case like what happened to your "Super Mairo Maker" project here.
thanks for the reply!
Yes, I understand what you say about the red flags Whoops! , in the development of the "Mairo Maker" I was aware that at any time they would cancel me for obvious reasons. I did it just for hobby and at that time I did not have a WiiU to play "Super Mario Maker" so I created my own game with the same sprites, I loaded it up one day without expecting anything but I didn't think it would go that far. hehe

For the other "mix maker" project I focus on changing sprites and gameplay and it was good for the game

greetings!

RE: Mairo Maker / Super Mix Maker (PC,Mac,Linux,Web) - Merit Celaire - 02-15-2020

@strobert - Don't let this discorage you, though; I believe what others (including myself) are saying that regardless of if you have used materials that have been extracted from official games (or even created your own "materials" to coincide with your fangame projects in general), the bottom line is that the fangame projects that you create still have to be your own stuff entirely. Just a "copy" of someone else's work is enough to raise a red flag against you for plagiarism (and it's a double red flag if it's copying an official commercial game that's meant to gather revenue for the publishers/developers that made it).

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.