MFGG Forums
I am looking for help adding some details to my game. - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Developer Discussion (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: I am looking for help adding some details to my game. (/showthread.php?tid=2376)

I am looking for help adding some details to my game. - BloodserGames - 05-13-2020

[Image: b162c4b6a763b437290f0d39fbf71188o.png]

I am looking for help adding some details to my game. (someone who knows how to create 8-bit music in the style of Super Mario Bros or some Backgrounds,tilesets or Sprites) And if there is someone else who knows how to code, it would be very helpful, please help me. :,v

RE: I am looking for help adding some details to my game. - Evan.F - 05-13-2020

I'll see about it. What is your desire.

RE: I am looking for help adding some details to my game. - BloodserGames - 05-13-2020

(05-13-2020, 12:47 PM)Evan.F Wrote: I'll see about it. What is your desire.
Will you help me? Huh? Well, I would like a background and some tileset, one of Canyon theme another of the new biome that has the Minecraft called Soul sand valley (who knows a couple of columns in the back and another of a night circus, similar to the Airship theme in SMM2: Super Mario 3D World) , all in the SMB1 style. I'll give you a couple of images of some Talking

[Image: 40824b78a9977af8bb1c8861656f3b16.jpg]

[Image: swfnedjmdip31.png]
I also need one in which I can see some huge mushrooms in the background, but I think that with those 3 enough is enough Thinking

RE: I am looking for help adding some details to my game. - Evan.F - 05-13-2020

I’ll see what I can do... with the 4. I also have to make a pumpkin theme for someone so I might give you that too (it will contain tile properties though as it’s fro AE)

RE: I am looking for help adding some details to my game. - BloodserGames - 05-13-2020

(05-13-2020, 02:08 PM)Evan.F Wrote: I’ll see what I can do... with the 4. I also have to make a pumpkin theme for someone so I might give you that too (it will contain tile properties though as it’s fro AE)
Uuh Okay and thank you very much. Agree

RE: I am looking for help adding some details to my game. - Evan.F - 05-14-2020

[Image: file.php?id=830]
1st draft. Might be too detailed. Colours are based on the Old Pal Pallete

[Image: file.php?id=831]
Here's the airship tiles

RE: I am looking for help adding some details to my game. - BloodserGames - 05-14-2020

(05-14-2020, 04:32 AM)Evan.F Wrote: [Image: file.php?id=830]
1st draft. Might be too detailed. Colours are based on the Old Pal Pallete
ooh wow it looks pretty cool Huh? , it's perfect

Added some slopes
[Image: file.php?id=832]

RE: I am looking for help adding some details to my game. - SuperSledgeBro - 05-14-2020

Are you really sure this is what you want? The 8-bit SMB style is very simple, I don't know how you're going to draw these detailed environments in this style. Usually the game only has two tiles for the level, a flat color background and some scenery like hills and trees or none.

RE: I am looking for help adding some details to my game. - BloodserGames - 05-14-2020

(05-14-2020, 01:17 PM)SuperSledgeBro Wrote: Are you really sure this is what you want? The 8-bit SMB style is very simple, I don't know how you're going to draw these detailed environments in this style. Usually the game only has two tiles for the level, a flat color background and some scenery like hills and trees or none.

Yes, I know, but I am not making the game that retro, in addition I am also looking for someone to help me with the music as well as one who helps me with game codes.  Agree
I am making the game retro as well as modern, with many more colors.
this is how it looks (several photos are a little old)

[Image: 00d457b873988e4898ae36b6802013e1o.png][Image: 8cd9f2937803a4c006876fa793609344o.png][Image: e0b3817b6307f8c5c06d6f74f1e2f73fo.png][Image: 36791125fbff7e97c2d50679cf64018do.png]

I'm doing the least similar to a Hello Clone to upload it here,

Oh so it’s SMM smb1 based?!
also which ones have been improved, as almost all of these have a background (or in one case foreground) that makes me want to scream in terror.

(05-14-2020, 01:17 PM)SuperSledgeBro Wrote: Are you really sure this is what you want? The 8-bit SMB style is very simple, I don't know how you're going to draw these detailed environments in this style. Usually the game only has two tiles for the level, a flat color background and some scenery like hills and trees or none.

Also the only BG I don’t think I could make in this style is the soulsand desert, but I’ll probably figure something out

Also the only BG I don’t think I could make in this style is the soulsand desert, but I’ll probably figure something out

(05-14-2020, 06:05 PM)Evan.F Wrote: Oh so it’s SMM smb1 based?!
also which ones have been improved, as almost all of these have a background (or in one case foreground) that makes me want to scream in terror.

Hahaha if it's based on the Super Mario Maker, I thought you knew it haha, I'm a fool sorry for not telling you.  Whoops! And I did not understand that part well, are some of my foregrounds that are in these screenshots bad?  Sad  The one in the second screenshot I have to change that yes.  Whoops!

RE: I am looking for help adding some details to my game. - Evan.F - 05-15-2020

By foreground I mean the layer above the level geometry on the airship. I think mostly the blue hue on the foreground clouds with the grey bg. The airship has my favourite BG. The tileset for all of these is really well put together, especially the 2nd one with all the Mario Forever Power-ups. The only problems I have with the 2nd and 3rd screenshot is that the BG is not to scale.

As for the final one, it comes down to how depth works with SMM backgrounds (judging from the airship BG, you understand how it works for clouds, but it’s used in everything in the BG to give the impression that it’s further away). I recommend putting an outline on the BG islands and maybe making the water look nicer (I’d reccomend you don’t do the latter seeing as nobody has made a good custom ocean bg for SMB1 to my knowledge)

Hope this clears some stuff up for you, sorry if I sounded angry. It looks like it will be a pretty good game in all honesty.

RE: I am looking for help adding some details to my game. - BloodserGames - 05-15-2020

(05-15-2020, 02:53 AM)Evan.F Wrote: By foreground I mean the layer above the level geometry on the airship. I think mostly the blue hue on the foreground clouds with the grey bg. The airship has my favourite BG. The tileset for all of these is really well put together, especially the 2nd one with all the Mario Forever Power-ups. The only problems I have with the 2nd and 3rd screenshot is that the BG is not to scale.

As for the final one, it comes down to how depth works with SMM backgrounds (judging from the airship BG, you understand how it works for clouds, but it’s used in everything in the BG to give the impression that it’s further away). I recommend putting an outline on the BG islands and maybe making the water look nicer (I’d reccomend you don’t do the latter seeing as nobody has made a good custom ocean bg for SMB1 to my knowledge)

Hope this clears some stuff up for you, sorry if I sounded angry. It looks like it will be a pretty good game in all honesty.
haha Of course I clarify many things Agree , I am going to improve all those things that you have told me and on the background of islands, I saw that you have a very cool beach background, I had already put it before, it has a good ocean. I can change the oceans of various backgrounds for yours.

RE: I am looking for help adding some details to my game. - Evan.F - 05-15-2020

Ok. Just to let you know the beach bg uses SMW cutscene graphics

RE: I am looking for help adding some details to my game. - BloodserGames - 05-15-2020

(05-15-2020, 09:53 AM)Evan.F Wrote: Ok. Just to let you know the beach bg uses SMW cutscene graphics

Aah okay man, and thanks a lot for the advice  Thumbs Up

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.