MFGG Forums
MFGG Fangame Jam! - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: News and Events (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: MFGG Fangame Jam! (/showthread.php?tid=2389)

Pages: 1 2

MFGG Fangame Jam! - Mors - 05-16-2020

[Image: g9667.png]

This is a 1 week long game jam, where you're tasked with creating a game based on another IP.
The jam will be starting at 29th of May 12 PM PST, and ending exactly 7 days later, at 5th of June 12 PM PST. You will be given 1 extra hour to submit your games though.

To learn more, head to our itch.io page: https://itch.io/jam/mfgg-fangame-jam

RE: MFGG Fangame Jam! - sooshy - 05-16-2020

Soveryhappy Soveryhappy Soveryhappy

RE: MFGG Fangame Jam! - Hyper - 05-16-2020

I might join if I am close to finishing up the Toad game

RE: MFGG Fangame Jam! - Yoshin - 05-16-2020

Definitely entering, good luck everyone!

RE: MFGG Fangame Jam! - Yakibomb - 05-16-2020

I am going to enter! Good luck, ya'll!

RE: MFGG Fangame Jam! - Roo - 05-17-2020

Serious question: Does Vinesauce count as a "franchise"? If so, I'll definitely make Supra Binyot Lande 1.5.

RE: MFGG Fangame Jam! - Fun With Despair - 05-17-2020

(05-17-2020, 08:30 AM)Roo Wrote: Serious question: Does Vinesauce count as a "franchise"? If so, I'll definitely make Supra Binyot Lande 1.5.
considering the first one was basically a giant multileveled crossover I'd say it counts as multiple for the most part

either way I think it definitely would fall within the ruleset.

RE: MFGG Fangame Jam! - Parakarry - 05-17-2020

Oh heck yes.

RE: MFGG Fangame Jam! - bearofsquares - 05-17-2020

the idea of game jams has always interested me, and to see a primarily fangame-centric community organize one is something i'm particularly excited about. i can't wait to see what comes from this! 
i just wish i wasn't such a coward when it comes to entering these sorts of things lol

RE: MFGG Fangame Jam! - Parakarry - 05-18-2020

I've got a spark of an idea that I want to try.
I'm in no way suited to make good games, but for something like this, where the goal is just to make them, I feel the entry bar is low enough for a guy like me to do something.
This will be the first time I've tried to use The Games Factory in a long time, too. I don't promise quality, but I want to do something.

EDIT: Ok, I think I got this entirely wrong. I saw it say on the post that it had to be based on another IP, so I thought it was a mix between Mario and another IP that you would pick. I had an idea brewing. But if the actual theme is going to be revealed on the day of, then I must have this wrong, since I had an idea to mix something Mario related with another IP... or rather, a few IPs common to a certain genre.

And when it says
"You can't base your game off of existing code."
Does that mean using game making tools like Games Factory is out of the question?

RE: MFGG Fangame Jam! - KrystalPhantasm - 05-18-2020

One question: Can we prepare graphical assets beforehand? Like, small base things like tilesets and hud (because of my bad time schedule and school work that isn't really gonna help me here)

RE: MFGG Fangame Jam! - DiggingJam - 05-18-2020

I will join after I finish my Toad game.

RE: MFGG Fangame Jam! - Mors - 05-18-2020

(05-18-2020, 01:22 AM)Parakarry Wrote: And when it says
"You can't base your game off of existing code."
Does that mean using game making tools like Games Factory is out of the question?

It's a game engine, so you can use it.
Quote:as long as your game is playable on a Windows system, you can use whichever engine of your choice. 

(05-18-2020, 03:14 AM)Mawboi Wrote: One question: Can we prepare graphical assets beforehand? Like, small base things like tilesets and hud (because of my bad time schedule and school work that isn't really gonna help me here)

You can use assets you made beforehand, but preparing assets just for this jam before it even starts is kind of like cheating. Thinking
There's no way we can detect that either way, so it's up to you if you want to be a dirty cheater or not.

RE: MFGG Fangame Jam! - Yakibomb - 05-18-2020

Oh good. I too am using the Games Factory (because that's all I got!).

Thanks Mors!

RE: MFGG Fangame Jam! - KrystalPhantasm - 05-20-2020

Quote:You can use assets you made beforehand, but preparing assets just for this jam before it even starts is kind of like cheating. Thinking
There's no way we can detect that either way, so it's up to you if you want to be a dirty cheater or not.
Soveryhappy  time to cheat on something other than yer mum

Jokes aside, thank you for the reply Mors! Guess that'll justify the part me wanting to upload that 1-hour tileset onto the main site.

RE: MFGG Fangame Jam! - Mors - 05-22-2020

Here's a reminder that the MFGG Fangame Jam is happening in a week! You can join solo, but if you want to join as a part of a team, or want members for your team it might be a good idea to start looking around. The #jam-team-lookout in the Discord server is a great place to start, as well as itch.io's community tab.

RE: MFGG Fangame Jam! - Parakarry - 05-24-2020

I'm gonna be making a itch.io account just for this.

RE: MFGG Fangame Jam! - OssieTheOstrich - 05-24-2020

Question, can we submit jokes games for this jam? (not the Waligie type ones)

RE: MFGG Fangame Jam! - VideoGameKid265 - 05-24-2020

I have very little experience with being involved in a game jam, but hopefully this will be a good starting point.

RE: MFGG Fangame Jam! - Mors - 05-25-2020

(05-24-2020, 07:32 AM)Ostrich101 Wrote: Question, can we submit jokes games for this jam? (not the Waligie type ones)

Sure.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.