MFGG Forums
Mario Creator - Developers and sprinters needed! - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Developer Discussion (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Mario Creator - Developers and sprinters needed! (/showthread.php?tid=2411)

Mario Creator - Developers and sprinters needed! - BlakeTehGreat - 06-03-2020

Mario Creator is a game inspired by Super Mario Maker 2, With more themes, objects, enemies and more!
I need some developers, spriters, music makers, Etc. To help!

RE: Mario Creator - Developers and sprinters needed! - Evan.F - 06-03-2020

Do you have anything you can give towards this project?

RE: Mario Creator - Developers and sprinters needed! - BlakeTehGreat - 06-03-2020

(06-03-2020, 04:28 PM)Evan.F Wrote: Do you have anything you can give towards this project?

I don't know, yet.

RE: Mario Creator - Developers and sprinters needed! - Evil Yoshi Toes - 06-03-2020

But before recruiting athletes for your team you should have something to show. You are essentially just saying "make my game for me" without any proof that you will be pulling any weight at all. Nobody wants to make a fan game for someone because fan games are profit-free hobbies and are done for enjoyment. I suggest that you put together an engine or some sort of visual proof of concept beyond text, then see who is interested in helping.

RE: Mario Creator - Developers and sprinters needed! - BlakeTehGreat - 06-03-2020

(06-03-2020, 05:39 PM)Evil Yoshi Toes Wrote: But before recruiting athletes for your team you should have something to show. You are essentially just saying "make my game for me" without any proof that you will be pulling any weight at all. Nobody wants to make a fan game for someone because fan games are profit-free hobbies and are done for enjoyment. I suggest that you put together an engine or some sort of visual proof of concept beyond text, then see who is interested in helping.

Yeah, I'll try.

RE: Mario Creator - Developers and sprinters needed! - Evan.F - 06-03-2020

Even with the description it's way too vague to get a feel for your vision. I recommend going a bit more into detail, along with work on talents you can bring to the game

RE: Mario Creator - Developers and sprinters needed! - recent - 06-03-2020

>it's another "newbie makes a concept thread for a mario maker killer" thread

RE: Mario Creator - Developers and sprinters needed! - Pedigree - 06-03-2020

You don't even know what you'd offer for such a project, but you expect others to sign on? Sounds like you're just trying to take credit for others' work to me.

Besides, instead of making a Mario editor, why don't you do something original?

RE: Mario Creator - Developers and sprinters needed! - Hyper - 06-04-2020

If you're only managing the project while contributing nothing to it like programming, audio, and graphics. No one's willing to help. Even during the early days when MFGG had a larger user base.

Making Mario Maker clones aren't really worth it. Even if there's something Mario Maker doesn't offer, people would still stick with other popular level editor mediums. Even if you can get a lot of user base, you're putting the project on a higher risk of copyright strikes from Nintendo.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.