MFGG Forums
[Poll] What is your favorite level theme in Mario games? - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: [Poll] What is your favorite level theme in Mario games? (/showthread.php?tid=2414)

[Poll] What is your favorite level theme in Mario games? - SuperSledgeBro - 06-05-2020

A fun and simple question for you Mario fans. Be it 3D or 2D, what is the level theme you like to see the most in Mario games? Big Grin

[Image: 350px-NSMBUMushroomKingdom.png]

RE: [Poll] What is your favorite level theme in Mario games? - Evil Yoshi Toes - 06-06-2020

It’s hard to pick. The one I like best that’s in most Mario games is beach, but I like the idea of train themed levels more. Unfortunately they aren’t as common and I don’t really care about airship levels so I went with Beach.

RE: [Poll] What is your favorite level theme in Mario games? - Friendly Dictator - 06-09-2020

city levels are always a treat

RE: [Poll] What is your favorite level theme in Mario games? - Pedigree - 06-09-2020

Ghost/spoopy levels. Can't get enough.

RE: [Poll] What is your favorite level theme in Mario games? - GeneralGuy - 06-10-2020

Beach or Ice

RE: [Poll] What is your favorite level theme in Mario games? - darkblueyoshi - 06-15-2020

Cavern is the best, I like the one from SMB: Restless Reality

RE: [Poll] What is your favorite level theme in Mario games? - SonicKade2048 - 06-16-2020

I can't decide over one, so I'll go down the list.

Forest / Jungle: Mostly for visual aesthetic, Forest / Jungle is an enjoyable theme for me. I liked the new types of enemies I found in the forest world of New Super Mario Bros. Wii, as if they were designed to act in a forest environment. Bramball, specifically, felt the most forest-themed to me. I also enjoyed having the poison rivers become a re-occurring gimmick in the theme; it seems out of place, but fits in regardless. Even in Super Mario Maker 2 the poison has significance; if a Koopa Troopa gets sucked into the poison when it rises, once the poison lowers, it'll turn into a Dry Bones. That was a cool detail that made me wish other enemies could have that happen to them too.

Volcano: Volcano hooked me in when I heard its track in New Super Mario Bros.. The beat and the instruments gave me a mood of "It's a dangerous path ahead, but keep going!", and became stuck in my mind. As for level theme, I found it astounding how the volcanoes in the background would randomly shoot magma rocks to the foreground. Once I found out they could destroy blocks, I knew it came down to RNG / luck to get to the Goal Pole. It made it either harder or easier depending on where the rocks fell, as well as how large the rocks spawned in were. I love it.

Desert: The main reason I favor this is because of the music in Super Mario Maker 2. The Super Mario Bros. theme has the best music for the new themes, in my opinion, which can also be said for Forest / Jungle, Snow / Ice, etc. That aside, I think there's potential for having "better" Desert themes in possible future games. New Super Mario Bros. Wii's sand fountains in the bottomless pits proved to be a challenge, as if you missed the jump, you'd fall into the pit and lose an Extra Life. The difficulty spike rose for me, but it increased my liking for the Desert theme, too. Challenges are always fun for me. Good theme with hope for new gimmicks.

Snow / Ice: Another reason to love a theme over visuals. Snow themes are so calm and cheery, it makes me feel at ease whenever I stumble upon one. Once again, New Super Mario Bros. proves this. The snow that fell from the trees and stunned me was a troublesome thing to get by, but once I memorized the locations, the levels became easy. I also liked how Spikes changed their appearances in the snow levels; it'd be cool to see that in later games.

Other (Giant): This theme was a creative one. To me it felt like the entirety of World 4 in Super Mario Bros. 3 got a Super Mushroom. One of the levels even had a switching gimmick, where going into a door would swap the enemies back down to normal size, or if they were already normal, make them big again. It did make platforming harder, though, and not in the fun way. Having a 200%-sized map makes Mario and Luigi's jumps feel small, where a block could be too high up to reach. However, kicking around bigger Koopa Troopa shells and meeting Sledge Bros. for the first time really saved this theme for me; I want to see Giant Land return one day.

I should note that I've only played NSMBW and NSMB in terms of the "New" game series. I apologize if anything is in U or U Deluxe that I missed.

RE: [Poll] What is your favorite level theme in Mario games? - fireball3k - 06-21-2020

ice, because i love ice physics in games. i also really like to slide around on the ice whenever it snows around here, but i digress

i also like the water levels because i like swimming, both in real life and not

RE: [Poll] What is your favorite level theme in Mario games? - Slayer - 09-23-2020

Industrial and Volcano levels always satisfied me, mainly due to the aesthetic.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.