MFGG Forums
Another fangame idea that may or may not get made - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Developer Discussion (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Another fangame idea that may or may not get made (/showthread.php?tid=2419)

Another fangame idea that may or may not get made - Parakarry - 06-08-2020

There's an idea I've sat on for a couple of weeks.
When the fangame jam was first announced, I mistakenly read it as having to mix Mario with another IP. I started thinking of ideas, but then the actual theme was revealed. I didn't get too far into it though, I felt pretty daunted and things werent working the way I wanted them to.

But when I was getting ideas for the previous prompt that I mistakenly read, there's one that I thought about, and the more I think about it, the more I want to see it happen.
My thinking got me to an idea.
I even wrote an intro to it which I want to animate in game form:
Quote:AD 2002

It is a legend no one will forget.

Everyone thought King Koopa had left the Mushroom Kingdom.

And then...

His Doomship attacked!

King Koopa was back!

With the greatest danger ever known -
his Koopa Kids!

Their massive fleet,
spreading across the lands...
The Mushroom Kingdom seemed doomed.

PEACH: We have to do something to stop these ships!

LUIGI: Don't we know anyone who can fly?

PEACH: Well, there is a friend of yours who helped save the kingdom before...

*closeup of a certain paratroopa's eyes, very bugged out and nervous*

You want me to do WHAT?

Yes! I got the idea to throw Parakarry into a Mario-ified side scrolling "schump" game like Gradius or UN Squadron, and the like. Being a guy who can fly, he would have to shoot letters and things at the flying enemies and airships.

...Now my writing tends to be a bit jokey. This is why half of the intro is taken verbatim from the Mario 3 cartoon, and why I had the idea to throw Red Bull energy drink as a powerup in the game in a bit of unneccesary product placement.

But the idea was very real. Had the theme of the game jam fit somehow with this idea, I would have gone for it, but I changed my idea into something else.

I want to at least make it into some sort of concept in game form, maybe with barely any game in it if I have to. Maybe just an intro and title screen or something.

When I get ideas and try to work them out but can't seem to get it right, mixed in with my tendency not to focus too well at tasks like this for a long amount of time, I tend to hold back or get frustrated. Games Factory is pretty much all I know with game making, and sometimes I feel that it holds me back with its prebuilt engines and limitations, maybe I need to get creative with it.

Since I have no real event going on to make this game now, but I've had it on my mind for weeks, I want to see if I can make something. Anything, really. Maybe it will evolve into something more, maybe not.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.