MFGG Forums
SOLVED Thumbnails in MFGG search results - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: SOLVED Thumbnails in MFGG search results (/showthread.php?tid=2420)

Thumbnails in MFGG search results - Parakarry - 06-08-2020

Here's one that I'm surprised wasn't addressed.

I'm searching for "font" and "letters" on MFGG to see which font graphics are on the site, and which I could use for something. But there's no thumbnails on the results!
You have to go into the submission itself, and then sometimes you will see a thumbnail if it's in the graphics section. But not in the search itself!

How come?

RE: Thumbnails in MFGG search results - Hyper - 06-09-2020

I tried to add that feature last year. Too much hassle since the main site software is just a pos to deal with with its messy codes. Which I refuse to work on adding any more features to it. The only other person who may work on this is Mors but I am not sure if he's available at the moment.

RE: Thumbnails in MFGG search results - Pedigree - 06-09-2020

We are kinda stuck with these bugs. Nobody has the time or desire to fix such outdated, messy code. You might have an easier time going through The Spriter's Resource to find what you're looking for.

RE: Thumbnails in MFGG search results - VinnyVideo - 06-09-2020

Splicing new features into TCSMS can be a headache, but this would be a nice feature to have.

RE: Thumbnails in MFGG search results - GeneralGuy - 06-10-2020

(06-09-2020, 07:43 AM)Hypernova Wrote: I tried to add that feature last year. Too much hassle since the main site software is just a pos to deal with with its messy codes. Which I refuse to work on adding any more features to it. The only other person who may work on this is Mors but I am not sure if he's available at the moment.
What about Retriever II or Techokami?

RE: Thumbnails in MFGG search results - Pedigree - 06-10-2020

(06-10-2020, 12:17 PM)GeneralGuy Wrote:
(06-09-2020, 07:43 AM)Hypernova Wrote: I tried to add that feature last year. Too much hassle since the main site software is just a pos to deal with with its messy codes. Which I refuse to work on adding any more features to it. The only other person who may work on this is Mors but I am not sure if he's available at the moment.
Neither one is involved with MFGG staff or development anymore.

RE: Thumbnails in MFGG search results - Fun With Despair - 06-10-2020

(06-10-2020, 12:45 PM)Pedigree Wrote:
(06-10-2020, 12:17 PM)GeneralGuy Wrote:
Neither one is involved with MFGG staff or development anymore.
That is only partially correct, RII does still host our server and does step in rather quickly to fix things when there are issues on that end.

He isn't interested in fixing or redoing TCSMS though, and I do not blame him.

RE: Thumbnails in MFGG search results - Hyper - 07-06-2020

Although I said that I am not touching the main site software. I got bored and I wanted to test my skills. So I got this feature added to the main site:
[Image: image.png]

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.